Timer being tested for uber eats.

Bpr2

IMG_6582.PNG
At least in Florida.

uberboy1212

They already started this a while ago here in DC. Got some free Popeyes yesterday because customer gave wrong address and didn't pick up the phone. I was pretty hungry so once the 5 minutes ended I started eating it on the way home

uberboy1212

Yea once you call the customer and they don't pick up, you tap on "customer not picking up?" then a 5 minute timer starts counting down. A couple days ago this girl called me with literally 2 seconds left on the timer I was pretty pissed lol

Once the timer ends the funds show up in your balance immediately

DirkDeadeye

I've never had anyone not pick up. My only gripe is the sushi (if you want to call rolls of SAUCE with bits of fish and some god awful rice, sushi..ew) places who take their sweet time.

Ezridax

So basically you should call as soon as you get there to start the timer?

I've never had anyone not pick up. My only gripe is the sushi (if you want to call rolls of SAUCE with bits of fish and some god awful rice, sushi..ew) places who take their sweet time.
I had some woman at Heineken today not pick up. Didn't put any suite number or anything on the order. Only way I knew where to deliver is her voicemail said her name and that she was with Heineken and the building directory happened to be in front of me, and Heineken was on it.

No, she didn't tip. I should have waited the 5 min downstairs and had her food.

Bpr2

Yea once you call the customer and they don't pick up, you tap on "customer not picking up?" then a 5 minute timer starts counting down. A couple days ago this girl called me with literally 2 seconds left on the timer I was pretty pissed lol

Once the timer ends the funds show up in your balance immediately
Ooo so it doesn't start automatically on arrival like on pax pickup? You have to call pax first to get it going ?

ThanksUber

Yep it is not automatic.

It's really bad because I call the customer 3-5 minutes before I get to the drop off location so that the customer has time to get to the pickup location or to get information on where and how to deliver. Now I have to call the customer twice once to tell them I'm 3-5 minutes away and again when I arrive so that I can start the timer.

It should start automatically and it should notify the customer that their food has arrived that way it doesn't waste the customer's time, but Uber does not care about it's customer anymore. It's really just another good example of poor customer service that Uber has with it's customers.

It really seems like the people making these changes to the app don't understand anything about customer service or anything about these problems and how it effects the customers, but what do I know I have only worked in customer service for 27 years.