Time to go see the Teamsters LOCAL 769 in North Miami on west dixie DONT want my new car REPO

makes_sense

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We have to do something I think its worth it to go down and talk to them they do have an office in Miami and the teamsters are still a very powerful union in all the other states. would be nice to call on a national brotherhood. what else are we going to do ?

The Mollusk

We have to do something I think its worth it to go down and talk to them they do have an office in Miami and the teamsters are still a very powerful union in all the other states. would be nice to call on a national brotherhood. what else are we going to do ?
What else to do ?

Hope that a group of Chinese or Russian hackers shut off the app. Maybe some wunderkind in someone's basement will shut it off for lulz , maybe just replace the cars with little slinks for a day or two.

hangarcat

Florida is a "right to work" state where labor unions have little influence. http://fcir.org/2012/12/13/what-right-to-work-has-meant-for-states-like-florida/
Unions have zero interest in non-employee "independent contractors".

makes_sense

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
please read Real driver here-and let me tell you UBER is a joke to work for. Here are cold hard facts UBER won’t tell you. 1. They will cut the rates for no reason and give a stupid excuse. Here is the most recent way they pounded their Cincinnati drivers. 12/31/2015 rates in Cincinnati were 1.20 per mile and .25 per minute. In true FUBER fashion, they lowered their rates 33% to .80 per mile and .18 cents per minute. They gave a lame excuse about sparking winter demand. The person in charge of the decisions is a complete moron. Guess what? Uber never returned rates when the seasons changed. At this point I felt terrible for anyone doing this full time relying on UBER for an income. Way to thank your drivers UBER! You know the ones who RUIN their personal assets to put major money in YOUR pockets. Oh did I mention the PR geniuses at UBER double penetrated their drivers by increasing their already large commission to a whopping 25%. Compare this other companies such as EBAY that takes a 10% commission on items sold. 25%! So let me get this straight, I will drive my car, for .80 a mile and you take 25% when I offer a premium car and service to a taxi? Marketing 101- you can charge a premium for a better product or service, because people see value in it. So if a taxi is 2.50 a mile and .30 cents a mile, what is UBER trying to accomplish by offering rates 1/3 of the price? Here is what you net driving for UBER Cincinnati. .60 per mile and .135 per minute. So a sample fare here, 10 minute, 5 mile trip. The driver nets about 5 bucks. If you factor in depreciation on your vehicle your true net profit is around $2.30. Factor in insurance and you have a near around $2 net profit for the driver. Oh did I mention the dead miles you don’t get paid for driving to pick up passengers? Isn’t that cute? Oh did I mention UBER passes all their costs to the passenger in making the passenger pay for their insurance through the safe rider fee? So as another slap to the drivers face UBER includes this 1.60 to the fare insinuating the driver is pocketing this amount. 98% of passengers don’t tip because of this misconception that the tip is somehow included in the fare. UBER is a joke and they are taking advantage of drivers. That is the cold hard truth.