• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Time to create drivers controlled ridership company.

New2This

Does anyone have an appetite to invest on a new company that runs by the drivers?

1. We're Uber/Lyft drivers. We don't have any money to invest.

2. None of these companies have been anywhere close to profitability. If I want to piss away money I'll go with JayJay to the Ebony Inn and blow it on bubblicious ghetto booty.

3. You want to give your money to a group that can't do basic math?

Uberfunitis

Yes I have 10k to start the company
My only condition is a CEO position with a 1 million signing bonus.
I also need 12 advisors positions.
(I got a few members here in mind).
Last., 1 janitor position for UBERFUNGUS..
You laugh and put down janitors but they make more than the average Uber driver. But alas I would not work for you because I do not want to be a janitor, though if I did take the job I would do it to the best of my ability and not half ass it trying to game the system like many on here seem to advocate.

UberPotomac

I think UBERFUNGUS want to negóciate janitor rates. Nonononono.
If you can work for free for UBER , you can work as janitor for DEPLORIDE.

Uberfunitis

I think UBERFUNGUS want to negóciate janitor rates. Nonononono.
If you can work for free for UBER , you can work as janitor for DEPLORIDE.
I don't work for free!

Also I choose to work driving a vehicle I would not choose to be a janitor and that is one reason the janitor gets more money than the Uber driver because people for the most part don't want that job and are not willing to do it for Uber compensation while they are more than willing to drive for Uber compensation.

Nats121

None of these companies have been anywhere close to profitability.
In relation to the rideshare business, which is what this thread is about, your comment is incorrect.

Uber is making large profits on their rideshare business.

When base fare, mileage, and time pay is added together, drivers are being paid roughly a dollar per mile. By Dara's own admission, pax are paying an average of $2.50 per mile when booking fees are included.

So there can be little doubt that uber is raking in profits from our rides.

The "losses" are due to the billions uber is pissing away on scooters, flying cars, SDCs, worldwide expansion into underdeveloped markets, etc. Their goal is to become another Amazon.

yankdog

In relation to the rideshare business, which is what this thread is about, your comment is incorrect.

Uber is making large profits on their rideshare business.

When base fare, mileage, and time pay is added together, drivers are being paid roughly a dollar per mile. By Dara's own admission, pax are paying an average of $2.50 per mile when booking fees are included.

So there can be little doubt that uber is raking in profits from our rides.

The "losses" are due to the billions uber is pissing away on scooters, flying cars, SDCs, worldwide expansion into underdeveloped markets, etc. Their goal is to become another Amazon.
That's really the question however. Just how great are the losses. To State the obvious, losses do factor into profitability. We will certainly know more once they go public so the great debate here in this issue will begin to clarify. I don't know the answer. Hell I'm not even sure what the strategic vision will be (or continue to be) once they go public. Once that clarifies as well, and once the stock price, post IPO, settled into a pattern, I would give consideration to investing but I doubt I go medium and certainly not big until they prove themselves either profitable or having a damn near Monopoly on whatever they hope to do. I'm curious to see the real market share distribution both nationally, and especially locally and regionally, between Uber and Lyft.

Nats121

That's really the question however. Just how great are the losses. To State the obvious, losses do factor into profitability. We will certainly know more once they go public so the great debate here in this issue will begin to clarify. I don't know the answer. Hell I'm not even sure what the strategic vision will be (or continue to be) once they go public
At the risk of being redundant, this thread deals strictly with rideshare, and as such, the only profits or losses that are relevant are the ones that result from the rideshare part of uber's organization.

Any losses that are incurred outside of rideshare are irrelevant to this thread.

As I've pointed out in numerous occasions, uber is making bank on us.

yankdog

At the risk of being redundant, this thread deals strictly with rideshare, and as such, the only profits or losses that are relevant are the ones that result from the rideshare part of uber's organization.

Any losses that are incurred outside of rideshare are irrelevant to this thread.

As I've pointed out in numerous occasions, uber is making bank on us.
I think we can comfortably deduce from the posts everywhere that these threads are about whatever we want them to be. Don't be so defensive it's unbecoming and detracts from your good arguments. My point is about the company and what I don't know and what I hope to know once they go public. I would never take one side of the ledger to make a broader point about the company