Time To Bring Down Uber IPO

UberDerrick

Everyone, Log Off your Uber App beginning this coming Tuesday evening.

Uber IPO opens early Wednesday morning.

We need to send a strong message to Uber to stop screwing us over with decreasing earnings.

If they want their stock prices to go up, they must treat drivers fairly!

Illini

There are about 20 threads on this topic. There is already an organized effort in several cities. Search this forum for more info.

nouberipo

We need to send a strong message to Uber to stop screwing us over with decreasing earnings.

We shouldn't wait until Tuesday/Wednesday. Here in Cleveland every hotel in downtown is sold out, it is cold and raining, and zero surge according to the map for all of the events/concerts. This is obviously not correct. If Uber actually showed the heat map it would show the entire city is surging yet the drivers see a map entirely void of any surge. I turned on my app at 5pm and declined rides until 8pm. There were ride pick-up times of 20 minutes consistently. This means there aren't enough drivers, obviously, but they will not put the surge out there. Simultaneously the entire map on Lyft was covered with piss stains, yellow and orange, covering the entire city but of course not a surge for the driver but surge prices for Lyft.

I have started my protest already. I am going to keep my app going from now until Wednesday evening and will refuse to pick up any rides. If you are able to, please do the same. We need to make a statement and the longer people have to wait for rides the more obvious it is that we are making an impact. If you do have to drive, talk about the IPO with pax, especially those who invest. Let them know what is going on and why. Don't make them feel uncomfortable but make it clear that investing in this house of cards will catch up to them. Now, if you have passengers who you disdain, you may consider talking to them about investing in Uber and Lyft. Hype it up knowing that they will be burned by Lyft and Uber just as the drivers have been.
Post automatically merged:

Pricing May 9th expected to start trading May 10th.
with the date sometime this coming week, start declining rides now or accepting then dont go and pick them up. Uber has been gaming us for all too long and its finally an opportunity for us to make a move.

Llib07

everyone please post in your own city explaining how every city with Uber needs to protest.

Alantc

Keep this consistent

everyone please post in your own city explaining how every city with Uber needs to protest.
I wish my city read this forum

Last edited:

No Prisoners

Uber's restricting surge for drivers while charging passengers at least 2x surge almost everywhere. This is price gouging on backs of drivers. After end of trips show passengers your trip details. Let them know what Uber and Lyft is capturing off fares.
This is now the new norm. They're trying to ramp up their numbers so their first post IPO earnings show increased earnings.
Don't take any rides without checking rider's app prices.
Problem is most drivers take anything.
If you go into surge zone and it drops close app. Don't take any trips.

Boycott all financial districts. Don't pickup in those areas. Bring the battle to bankers. Get your rides anywhere else outside financial districts.

UberDerrick

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Uber's restricting surge for drivers while charging passengers at least 2x surge almost everywhere. This is price gouging on backs of drivers. After end of trips show passengers your trip details. Let them know what Uber and Lyft is capturing off fares.
This is now the new norm. They're trying to ramp up their numbers so their first post IPO earnings show increased earnings.

Boycott all financial districts. Don't pickup in those areas. Bring the battle to bankers. Get your rides anywhere else outside financial districts.

Absolutely!

The only thing these immoral thugs understand is money, especially lack of it.

Seize this opportunity to fight back!

Alantc

When riders say that i make good money, i tell them about the new surge pay, that there still paying the double multiplier and drivers aren't getting it anymore, all say that's not fair. It's amazing that riders don't know what Hooper and Lyft do to drivers,

UberDerrick

When riders say that i make good money, i tell them about the new surge pay, that there still paying the double multiplier and drivers aren't getting it anymore, all say that's not fair. It's amazing that riders don't know what Hooper and Lyft do to drivers,
Yeah, but at the end of the day, riders still choose Uber because it's cheap.

They are not going to stop using Uber even if they are aware of how much drivers are being screwed.

The only option drivers have right now is to hit Uber where it hurts!

Alantc

Absolutely!

Absolutely!

Yeah, but at the end of the day, riders still choose Uber because it's cheap.

They are not going to stop using Uber even if they are aware of how much drivers are being screwed.

The only option drivers have right now is to hit Uber where it hurts!
I agree

UberDerrick

Where's the verification of Uber's IPO date?
Not being snarky, I can't locate any date online.

goneubering

Wrong date but either way it won’t make a difference. Didn’t you hear Uber's IPO was oversubscribed on the second day?

Z129

-:- * -:- * -:- * -:-
Don't start spamming the forums. Keep it tight and organized and try to keep all strike-related posts in one main thread in your respective city forums. Please and thank you.

UberDerrick

Wrong date but either way it won’t make a difference. Didn’t you hear Uber's IPO was oversubscribed on the second day?
No, not wrong date - the Strike begins on May 8th, Wednesday morning at 7:00 am Eastern time.

But to achieve maximum negative effect on the IPO, organizers recommend beginning 12:00 am, basically over night Tuesday.

Uber's IPO hasn't begun yet. What do you mean on the second day?

You mean Lyft?