Time to boycott picking up from love field

Dallasguy

They have turned off the surge at love and it's bullshit. You could not be within two miles ,at certain times, without getting a request to pick up at love not even being in the que. And i was in that area alot and never saw a surge.

Uberdummy

As long as the market is saturated with desperate idiots that will drive at par any time all the time you'll only see surge during events/bad weather.

Coachman

I dont even bother with Love, the $6 rides into uptown/downtown got old fast.

I rarely pick up at Love but the handful of times I have have been pretty good rides. My last Love ride was to DFW. The one before that was to Frisco.

Last edited:

dirtylee

I rarely pick up at Love but the handful of times I have have been pretty good rides. My last Love ride was to DFW. The one before that was to Frisco.

You just jinxed ur self.

BTW, airports to Frisco/The colony/little elm suck ass. Dead miles & Tolls. :mad:

Paul7777

You have been lucky, I stopped doing Love when 9/10 trips were to Uptown/Downtown.
Had one trip from Love to Denton drive, literally right across the fence.

twinwillow

You have been lucky, I stopped doing Love when 9/10 trips were to Uptown/Downtown.
Had one trip from Love to Denton drive, literally right across the fence.
That's happened to me too. After waiting in the que for almost 45 minutes, I pick up a guy going to those white offices just past the Denton Drive Dart tracks on Mockingbird. I was freeking PISSED!

Dfwtxpatrick

I will not wait at the ques......I leave my app on when dropping off till I clear the airport (in case of pickup) and then turn it back on once I'm 5 miles away or so........Was being kept in the que by the app even when I was over 12 miles away.

HotRodriguez75

Don't blame it on Uber. Blame it on all the roaches that think them $5 rides into Dallas is life changing money. Uber has fine-tuned the surge algorithm and when you have drivers:

1. Heading to the airport when they receive that text when the queue is low
2. Thinking that a $5 ride is better than nothing
3. Going online when the surrounding areas is surging thinking DAL or DFW is surging as well
4. Going online when the surge hits 1.4 and not letting it build.

These are the same 5-10 cars sitting at DAL after midnight when the next flight comes in at 6:45A.

Uberdummy

Don't blame it on Uber. Blame it on all the roaches that think them $5 rides into Dallas is life changing money. Uber has fine-tuned the surge algorithm and when you have drivers:

1. Heading to the airport when they receive that text when the queue is low
2. Thinking that a $5 ride is better than nothing
3. Going online when the surrounding areas is surging thinking DAL or DFW is surging as well
4. Going online when the surge hits 1.4 and not letting it build.

These are the same 5-10 cars sitting at DAL after midnight when the next flight comes in at 6:45A.

If being stupid were a crime the surge killing losers driving would all be on death row.

DaConMan

If being stupid were a crime the surge killing losers driving would all be on death row.
Maybe I'm one of those "stupid drivers". Yesterday, I got a ride from fort worth to Love field which turned into 5 back to backs to and from Love field. Skipped the queue each time. Maybe these types of rides are helping to "kill the surge" but I don't see how I'm supposed to turn down those rides in hopes that a surge will come. Can someone explain it to me? I'm a newbie.

HotRodriguez75

Maybe I'm one of those "stupid drivers". Yesterday, I got a ride from fort worth to Love field which turned into 5 back to backs to and from Love field. Skipped the queue each time. Maybe these types of rides are helping to "kill the surge" but I don't see how I'm supposed to turn down those rides in hopes that a surge will come. Can someone explain it to me? I'm a newbie.
  • $ per mile?
  • $ per hour?
Unfortunately, that approach is not sustainable or actually consistent. I have had days where the stars aligned and everything was hitting on all cylinders. Furthermore, that is the exception to the rule.

Fort Worth to Love is great! Love to Dallas for $5-7 is no bueno. Love to Dallas at 2-3x surge is worth it. $30 ride from Fort Worth is great, but at 2 -3 X, $60-90 is a lot better especially being done in the same time.

The key to driving surge is know what is going on. If I take a ride out, I am watching the queue. If the queue is low (below 20), I am checking the incoming flights (Flight Aware or Flight Stats). If there are enough flights coming in to make it surge. If I am driving surge, I stop all new requests so I can stop, check out the situation, and decide my next move. There are times when you are waiting and see that it isn't going to surge and just take one out of there.

Unfortunately, DAL was a bust last night. 3 different occasions, there was only 1 car in the queue and 1-2 drivers would go online killing the surge. Or a few would receive the text to head to the airport and start migrating.

dirtylee

Have you talked to drivers at DAL?

I had more than one try tell me that lyft raised pay cause their app said so. Had to explain & show them what line rides are.
On Thursday, one asked me what the boost outline around dal is.
Then there are the ones with criminal records & driving on bought accounts.

Bearessence

I understand what everyone is saying. I only drive a few hours when I do drive. I'm going to take that $5 ride downtown just to keep moving. If it turns into back to backs I'm fine with that. If I catch a surge, even better.