"time out" after cancellations?

hummer79

Is Uber placing drivers in a "time out" for 20 minutes (putting you offline) if you get 2 cancellations in a row? It doesn't matter weather you or the rider cancels. They claim there software can't distinguish if the rider or the driver cancelled, which is bs...

TecJay

This is the first I am hearing of that happening. But that's pretty concerning. Their software cant determine who cancelled is a bunch of bs. How on earth do they charge rider cancellation fees? And how is their software sophisticated enough to detect your driving patterns if they cant distinguish something so simple?

hummer79

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is the first I am hearing of that happening. But that's pretty concerning. Their software cant determine who cancelled is a bunch of bs. How on earth do they charge rider cancellation fees? And how is their software sophisticated enough to detect your driving patterns if they cant distinguish something so simple?
Uber claims that they stopped charging riders the $5 cancellation fee over a year ago in HOU, but many pax are telling me they are still being charged, but it is not going to the drivers.
About 6 months ago Uber starting putting drivers in HOU in a 60 minute time out if you ignored or cancelled 3 trips in a row. Now it's down to 20 minute timeout after 2 cancellations.
I'm sure their software can detect who is cancelling, but they don't care. I guess they don't know the first rule of business: Don't treat your people like crap...

TecJay

Uber claims that they stopped charging riders the $5 cancellation fee over a year ago in HOU, but many pax are telling me they are still being charged, but it is not going to the drivers.
About 6 months ago Uber starting putting drivers in HOU in a 60 minute time out if you ignored or cancelled 3 trips in a row. Now it's down to 20 minute timeout after 2 cancellations.
I'm sure their software can detect who is cancelling, but they don't care. I guess they don't know the first rule of business: Don't treat your people like crap...
That's messed up considering their competition Lyft charges the rider a cancellation and gives the entire $5 to the driver. No fees taken out for cancellation fees.

Iraqvet505

Had a lady on saturday night cancel when I was 100 feet from her pick up. I traveled 15 mins to get to her, but jokes on her because it was 2.5x surge and she canceled after 5 minutes so I got $17.36 fare. Boo ya. Win win

vasco lima

Olá pessoal, eu sou do Brasil e tenho motorista uber, em que onde instalado na aplicação de dinheiro maneira onde estamos sofrendo com assalto e várias mortes, então estamos recusando algumas corridas, e acabu uber-me reter para estes cancelamentos, I a bondade de alguém se eles podem nos ajudar aqui no Brasil, porque aqui não estamos tão perto, e os aeroportos têm algo que pode saltar os aeroportos de filas. Agradeço antecipadamente

chris1966

Had a lady on saturday night cancel when I was 100 feet from her pick up. I traveled 15 mins to get to her, but jokes on her because it was 2.5x surge and she canceled after 5 minutes so I got $17.36 fare. Boo ya. Win win
Hey, I'm curious how you got a $17.36 cancellation fee even on a surge of 2.5. On the X platform the cancellation fee is $5.00. So $3.75 after Uber takes their 25%. So... $3.75 times 2.5 equals $9.37.

Are you riding a different platform other than X?

Just wondering how you did that.

aarondavid1010

howd you get a fare without driving? and why do 15 min pick ups lol
Post automatically merged:

Hey, I'm curious how you got a $17.36 cancellation fee even on a surge of 2.5. On the X platform the cancellation fee is $5.00. So $3.75 after Uber takes their 25%. So... $3.75 times 2.5 equals $9.37.

Are you riding a different platform other than X?

Just wondering how you did that.
still wondering. bs