• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Time for tires

TheDevilisaParttimer

Okay time for a new set of tires this week and pepboys got a sale buy 2 get 2 free on the Cooper Adventure tires for cyber Monday.

Anyone here got any experience with the Cooper brand?
Know any other good deals?

Dekero

Highly recommend the LIONHART brand on walmart.com. paid only $87 bux a tire for 19" performance tires.... Then 10 bux more per tire for roadhazard coverage once they came in... (2 days) it was a special size...

Walmart.com had the cheapest tires anywhere.. even after I compared a deal like your buy 2 get 2 deal.... Best check there first...
Here's a pic of mine, and an example of how well they are priced... And they ride damn good on my BMW Didn't know what size you needed but look how cheap for a 17" !!!!!

Screenshot_20191110-150400.jpg

Screenshot_20191202-043256.jpg

TheDevilisaParttimer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have Cooper on my Mazda 6 so far so good .had conntenial pure contact before they wore out in 40000 miles.
I used to have Cooper tires when I had my Chevy S-10 pickup, many years ago. They were good at the time.
I’m going to give the Coopers a try at $66 per tire on sale. Tires on my crossover usually never any less than $85/tire for off brand at that.

Only negative is pep boys charge $115 for the install which is required to get the sale price.

Dekero

Hahaha Fake news trying to justify how American companies are charging exorbanent rates for a product that can be had for half or less from a company without the NAME BRAND effect😛🤣🤣

I'll put my lionharts up against the shyty riding Goodyear Eagle run flats they replaced anyday... And considering I was able to buy 4 tires ($348) for the cost of 1 of the Goodyear's... I'll gladly buy 4 sets and get double the milage out of them that one set of the $1600 Goodyears would have cost me... And enjoy a much better ride... My 7 series rides so much better now.. anyway... You go on believing what you read by the News Media agendas who were hired to talk up the American brands... Those Michelin tires they speak of in the ad are so overpriced it's absurd, and they talk about them lasting 3 times longer... Yeah right😂😂 but halfway thru that lifetime your treadwear is down and wet road handling impaired to the point you'll want to replace them... At which point your gonna pay $250+ a tire to do so.... I'll stick with my $50+ each and gladly replace them 4 times if need be and still end up saving money...

Sorry not convinced. Again I say... I'm certain a country as large as China and as advanced as us... Surely can produce a tire.. and seemingly they do.... Just cuz it costs more and has a brand name you have heard of does not make it a better product... That's old American thinking... Buy here ...American value teaching speaking... We live in a global economy... And if the big tire companies don't wanna play accordingly... They won't be around 10 years from now. ..

Ask the likes of Sears, Circuit city and Toys-r-us...and many other retail Giants who thought they had the right idea... Now they are gone because they didn't compete globally....

Buy the tires you want... I'll pay 1/4 of that and ride just as good except I'll have a bunch of money left over to deal with any other needs...

Just my thoughts of course....

And you think Walmart won't stand behind this brand... For $7.50 additional each.. they will replace them for free barring any roadhazards.... How do you beat $52+ a tire with replacement warranty.... You don't... Enjoy those Cooper's. Oh btw Walmart would have mounted and balanced all 4 of these for less than $50 bux.... Sounds to me like this Cooper buy 2 get 2 deal isn't so great if your paying $120 bux just to get them put on.... In Fact it sounds like your
paying for those other 2 tires in exorbanent labor...

Oh well not everyone knows how to shop for the value!! Good luck!.

TheDevilisaParttimer

Cooper is mid level, and not bad, above avg passable grade 😁. My pickup truck has them. Never any issue. It is not a Michelin 😁
Ok that is was initially aiming for when began looking around for tires. I was planning on around $100-$120 per tire plus install at cheapest for mid range
Post automatically merged:

Hahaha Fake news trying to justify how American companies are charging exorbanent rates for a product that can be had for half or less from a company without the NAME BRAND effect😛🤣🤣

I'll put my lionharts up against the shyty riding Goodyear Eagle run flats they replaced anyday... And considering I was able to buy 4 tires ($348) for the cost of 1 of the Goodyear's... I'll gladly buy 4 sets and get double the milage out of them that one set of the $1600 Goodyears would have cost me... And enjoy a much better ride... My 7 series rides so much better now.. anyway... You go on believing what you read by the News Media agendas who were hired to talk up the American brands... Those Michelin tires they speak of in the ad are so overpriced it's absurd, and they talk about them lasting 3 times longer... Yeah right😂😂 but halfway thru that lifetime your treadwear is down and wet road handling impaired to the point you'll want to replace them... At which point your gonna pay $250+ a tire to do so.... I'll stick with my $50+ each and gladly replace them 4 times if need be and still end up saving money...

Sorry not convinced. Again I say... I'm certain a country as large as China and as advanced as us... Surely can produce a tire.. and seemingly they do.... Just cuz it costs more and has a brand name you have heard of does not make it a better product... That's old American thinking... Buy here ...American value teaching speaking... We live in a global economy... And if the big tire companies don't wanna play accordingly... They won't be around 10 years from now. ..

Ask the likes of Sears, Circuit city and Toys-r-us...and many other retail Giants who thought they had the right idea... Now they are gone because they didn't compete globally....

Buy the tires you want... I'll pay 1/4 of that and ride just as good except I'll have a bunch of money left over to deal with any other needs...

Just my thoughts of course....

View attachment 383756

And you think Walmart won't stand behind this brand... For $7.50 additional each.. they will replace them for free barring any roadhazards.... How do you beat $52+ a tire with replacement warranty.... You don't... Enjoy those Cooper's. Oh btw Walmart would have mounted and balanced all 4 of these for less than $50 bux.... Sounds to me like this Cooper buy 2 get 2 deal isn't so great if your paying $120 bux just to get them put on.... In Fact it sounds like your View attachment 383756paying for those other 2 tires in exorbanent labor...

Oh well not everyone knows how to shop for the value!! Good luck!.
I think the problem is there are a lot of Chinese tire companies. There are gems and turds all mixed in and us American drivers are so unsure who to pick that we pay double or triple for a familiar name.

Personally I judge each tire by its on merit. I look up the lion harts for my car they are around the upper 70’s but they are V rated and pass mustard on consumer satisfaction.

However this sale is good enough to make these Coopers even cheaper at least for 24 hours and be available today. I would have to wait a week on the Lionharts.

I drove my tires bald waiting on the sales 😂 it’s so bad I refuse to Uber until I put on a new set.

Last edited:

BadYota

Got the Goodyear Assurance Maxlife they’ve got an 85,000 mile warranty.

watch out for buy 3 get 1 free or 2 for 2 because the ones you buy are so heavily marked up it always cancels out the “deal.” They’ll be like $200 a tire for the 3.

don’t trust Wally World tires, I drive for a living I need the best. Can’t afford a blowout or a tread deficiency

Dekero

watch out for buy 3 get 1 free or 2 for 2 because the ones you buy are so heavily marked up it always cancels out the “deal.” They’ll be like $200 a tire for the 3.

don’t trust Wally World tires, I drive for a living I need the best. Can’t afford a blowout or a tread deficiency
Higher milage tires ride like bricks... No thanks

TheDevilisaParttimer

The Coopers got a 75k warranty but all tire warranties are prorated and they indeed ride horribly at too high of a mileage.

Im thinking replacement after 50-60k miles is gonna be the realistic outcome.
Post automatically merged:

How much you ended paying for your tires btw?

Last edited: