1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Tim Hortons to move its Canadian head office

Discussion in 'Toronto' started by Karl Marx, Apr 17, 2018.

Tags:
?
  1. I buy one or more cups of Tim Horton's swill a day.

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. I have stopped patronizing Tim Horton's.

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  3. I frequent independent coffee shops.

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. I don't drink coffee.

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. Karl Marx

Karl Marx Well-Known Member

2. citytypeofguy

citytypeofguy Well-Known Member

hopefully they are uber and lyft customers in that office! more biz for us

Uberchampion likes this.
  3. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Burger King BOUGHT Tim Hortons and promptly consolidated and Moved their Corporate offices to Canada to avoid high Corporate Taxation under Obama.

Known as a " Tax Inversion".

Burger King is making a move on Popeyes.
    Started out of New Orleans by Al Copeland.
    ( Reuters release 2 minutes ago)

The " positioning" is part of the strategy.

I would buy stock in Cholestorol and Heart Medication pharmaceutical Corporations based on this knowlege . . .

Attached Files:

i_k and Karl Marx like this.
  4. Karl Marx

5. i_k

i_k Well-Known Member

tohunt4me, Karl Marx and Uberchampion like this.
  6. MUGATS

MUGATS Moderator Moderator

I try to avoid them. However my 9-5 job takes me to a lot of rural locations.

If I want a coffee, a lot of times they are the only game in town.

All things being equal, I go elsewhere

7. Kurt Halfyard

Kurt Halfyard Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    I make 98% of my coffee at home or at work.
    The 2% I try to give business to independent coffee shops.
    I am not always successful: That McDonalds at Bathurst/College is very CONVENIENT, particularly when coffee is $1.

tohunt4me, Athos and Karl Marx like this.
  8. Karl Marx

If you bought a cup of Tim's swill everyday, except the weekends, it costs you 465.40 and large well over 500. Here is my Tim slaying solution. I had a friend who owned a Tim's and he was so busy he didn't have time to go to the bank. He rolled up his cash in tin foil and put it in his freezer.
    20180417_145838_001.jpeg

tohunt4me and Kurt Halfyard like this.
  9. Kurt Halfyard

Driving:
    Lyft
    My little 4-cup maker, good on energy, good on mimizing the amount of grinds for daily brew. $40 for unit.
    [​IMG]

tohunt4me and Karl Marx like this.
  10. Judgeetox

Judgeetox Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I’ll admit that I was indulgent on Tim Hortons for years. I convinced myself it was out of convenience. Since the beginning of the year, I can not bring myself into that place...not once. What the franchisees did to their employees is sickening, childish and petty.

The only symptoms I’m experiencing are loads of extra money in my pocket, increased vitality and quality of life.

Good riddance ‘Tims’

11. imsam

imsam Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    The same combination of sugar and cream I order always tastes different from one Tim to another. That made me stopped buying from them.

tohunt4me and Karl Marx like this.
  12. Karl Marx

I had a sandwich and soup back in January and it was so sad I decided it was my last visit to the iconic chain. I remembered the early morning news that that Tim Horton had been killed in a crash on the QEW in his sports car. He was a delight to watch play and he was a true legend. Unfortunately the monkeys that run the chain now don't come anywhere close to matching his integrity and values. Canadians should be ashamed at the way his legacy has been frittered away.

tohunt4me, Santa and Actionjax like this.
  13. Kurt Halfyard

Driving:
    Lyft
    It is charitable at best to call anything Tim's serves 'food.' More like microwaved plastic.

tohunt4me likes this.
  14. Karl Marx

They order limos.

tohunt4me likes this.
  15. Actionjax

Actionjax Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberLUX
    I could never understand why all the big banks don't move out of the city. Not like they need to walk over to the stock exchange anymore or need any sort of physical office here.

Then I was told that the people at the top being downtown is easier to meet to discuss things you don't do over any traceable form.

You don't think everyone having the same interest rates is by accident do you?

16. Santa

Santa Well-Known Member

When Timmy's moved to Toronto back in 2000, it started killing Coffee Time. There are still some Coffee Time stores here and there owned by independent franchisees, and they have much better Coffee and Tea than Timmys. Problem is there aren't many CT stores out there.

tohunt4me and gbaby like this.
  17. Gone_in_60_seconds

Gone_in_60_seconds Well-Known Member

Coffee Time is an endangered species. They will be extinct very soon! LOL. o_Oo_Oo_O

Santa and tohunt4me like this.
  18. Kurt Halfyard

Driving:
    Lyft
    Plenty of Coffee Times in the 905 and 705 area codes. But they are really unclean stores, dangerously so. Country Style locations are 1000x better, and the coffee is better too. Not many of those left.

A lot of development/IT departments for the Big Banks are in the 'Burbs: There is a huge cluster of TD towers at Dixie/Eglinton in Mississauga, and several RBC towers at Erin Mills Pkwy & 401.

tohunt4me likes this.
  19. Gone_in_60_seconds

Gone_in_60_seconds Well-Known Member

Yes, not sure why CT appear so dirty. Think, they just don't want to invest money to improve the place. And forget about ever using the bathrooms, that's even worst! LOL.

***Starbucks, hands down has the nicest appearance and the bathrooms are the cleanest of any establishment i've seen****:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    onelanka, Kevthegrad and tohunt4me like this.
  20. Kurt Halfyard

Driving:
    Lyft
    Adjust your QUOTE BOX.