Inshur

Tight customers and low rates. Birmingham uk

bongy_boy

Birmingham UK

I know this is prob not the correct location for this but us Birmingham UK drivers don't have a section on this forum so squatting in the London section for now.

Just wanted to vent some stuff and get it off my chest.

Birmingham claims to be the second city of the UK yet the rates are the same as Glasgow, even Bristol Uber drivers earn more than us.

Customers are tight as they have paid peanuts over the years and expect the same price they paid 20 years ago. I remember a 4 mile trip used to cost £5 20 years ago and now that same journey cost £7. One recent trip where I picked up a customer, I loaded some heavy cases on my own whilst they just stood and watched, drove for 30 mins covered 16 miles £23 and customer was moaning that his local firm drop him off to the Airport for £20 and that Uber should lower prices to match these firms. WTF well perhaps you should ask them to pick you up as well as don't want to drive 16 miles for £20

I hate to say this but after picking up customers from the far east and the indian subcontinent my rating seems to always drop. Some stupid customers choose a route that they want to go via and when price is expensive they moan. The rider that says the following makes me laugh and get angry at the same time "go the shortest route, quickest route but no traffic" why don't you just hire a helicopter to drop you off.

Many times I want to give rider a low rating but they ask for the price of journey and they are staring at the phone for a price so I have to give them the stars before the price shows and it is awkward to give them low stars, I think Uber has done this deliberately to put driver is this crap position.

Last edited:

bongy_boy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well I usually return the favour now days with my 4 star rating now unless they are a supper dupper friendly and exceptional customer. I have recently stopped providing aux to passangers as I have had enough of listening to crappy bhangra, rap and other crap music. I see no point in providing these extras when our rates are so low.

I should also say that these customers are the minority and most customers are nice and frindly, but I have noticed that we are getting more of these tight customers in the last 1 month. I belive I provide a good service, I have done 750 jobs and have a rating of 4.86

Last edited:

bongy_boy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thats exactly what I have been doing lately. When I hear drivers offering water and sweets it just makes me laugh, if they want water go buy it. I have implemented the following since I started with Uber;

No water
No sweets
No charging cable for customers
No Aux
Stopped buying air fresheners (I do keep a oust bottle in the boot though)
I leave radio on the channel I prefer on low for background noise
I have a 10 year old navigation system that does the job
I will not get out and open doors, however I assist with loading into boot.
I will not accept job over 8 mins away
I will not pick up a customer if the pick up location might get me a f$$$$g fine.
We don't have pool here just yet but when they do NEVER will I accept these jobs.

Cabbie2B

Thats exactly what I have been doing lately. When I hear drivers offering water and sweets it just makes me laugh, if they want water go buy it. I have implemented the following since I started with Uber;

No water
No sweets
No charging cable for customers
No Aux
Stopped buying air fresheners (I do keep a oust bottle in the boot though)
I leave radio on the channel I prefer on low for background noise
I have a 10 year old navigation system that does the job
I will not get out and open doors, however I assist with loading into boot.
I will not accept job over 8 mins away
I will not pick up a customer if the pick up location might get me a f$$$$g fine.
We don't have pool here just yet but when they do NEVER will I accept these jobs.
Ur a quick learner. Save ur nerves brother. @@@@ rating.

SR100

so anyone with a PH badge in the west midlands can drive for Uber in Birmingham.

All the Walsall cabbies and outer area cabbies are choosing Uber so they can get better jobs in Birmingham. This is increasing competition and reducing jobs!

johndoe2015

I get a free air freshener when I get the car cleaned, and it is necessary! I lose heart everytime I pull up to pick someone up, and I see them just finishing their cigarette.

SR100

Can we set up the birmingham thread in World. Need 3 people to comment and it will be up and running.