Ticketing in Tampa due to Transportation commission

Pba20493

Is Hillsborough county or Tampa ticketing Uber drivers now for coming into Tampa? Does Uber pay the ticket?

Rob T.

From what I've heard you can drop off in Hillsborough but cannot do pick ups (legally). Uber does cover it but Im sure they take forever. Still a lot of people that do Tampa, as they only have a few people ticketing and likelihood of you getting caught is pretty slim.

I have stayed out of Tampa since the fit hit the shan a while back until recently. If I drop at the airport, and feel like taking a little break while waiting in que, I will drive thru both termanals look for PTC. Seems legit to me so far. Other than that, just be wary when you are pulling up to a pickup zone. Know your surroundings and the vehicles hanging around. At the airport, I will call my pax and flat out ask if they are PTC.. If they lie and say no, that's entrapment. PTC are very scarce and have to have an officer with them to ticket you. If your pickup location looks if'y, cancel and move on. I haven't yet had one of those situations. Hope this helps a bit.

Demon

I have stayed out of Tampa since the fit hit the shan a while back until recently. If I drop at the airport, and feel like taking a little break while waiting in que, I will drive thru both termanals look for PTC. Seems legit to me so far. Other than that, just be wary when you are pulling up to a pickup zone. Know your surroundings and the vehicles hanging around. At the airport, I will call my pax and flat out ask if they are PTC.. If they lie and say no, that's entrapment. PTC are very scarce and have to have an officer with them to ticket you. If your pickup location looks if'y, cancel and move on. I haven't yet had one of those situations. Hope this helps a bit.

Please be advised, that is not entrapment. PTC does not have to identify themselves to you over the phone.