• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Ticketed at Newark Airport

Should I keep going to the airport for Pickups?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

atthehop

Bottom line is this;

* If you are registered through Newark Township as an Uber driver then you can pickup at the EWR and Penn Station all day long, even if they weren't pre-arranged, but they still have to go through the app as per Uber rules. Being registered through Newark the police will recognize you way ahead of time as being allowed to work the area because you are local.

* If you are registered outside of Newark Township as an Uber driver then you can ONLY pickup at the EWR and Penn Station through a pre-arranged request that must be proven if the officer asks for proof. You cannot hang out at these locations though because even though you are registered and insured, you are considered non local.

* If you are not registered anywhere, which is just about every New Jersey member on this forum, then you are a gypsy. Illegal.
I commend you for keeping on trying to educate those illegal drivers but Kool Aid is more addictive than hard core drugs.

Xris Xros

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You should have worn your Uber Surge Cap, officers are trained not to ticket drivers spotted wearing the coveted hat.
Failed attempt at being funny. Thanks for trolling though. Good luck finding enough riders on lyft.

Xris Xros

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My ticket still not showing in the system, it's been almost a month now. Did the cop threw the ticket away. Was this just intimidation?