• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

ticketed at airport

Rusty Spurr

My Fellow Uber Partners:

I drive in Phoenix and I was picking up my girlfriend from the airport. I was NOT online. The parking enforcement officer saw my sticker. I tried to explain to her that I was not picking up a fare. She sent it in and now I have a ticket and court summons. Does anyone know how to get proof from Uber that I was not online on the date of that ticket? Even though the burden of proof, according to the constitution, is upon the prosecution, I have a feeling it will be me who needs proof in order to get the ticket dismissed. Please help.

Warm Regards,

Rusty Spurr

Maven

This may be better handled in your city/state forum where people are familiar with local laws. I suggest that your girlfriend provide a written, notarized statement in support of your position. You can already prove that you were not on a ride using a printout of your earnings statement for the day in question. Hopefully, these are sufficient evidence because proving that you were not online at the time is more difficult. If you cannot get a satisfactory response from Uber using email then I suggest going to your local Greenlight Hub and speak to a live Uber representative.

PTUber

It will be a hassle but you will get out of it. Get the letter from your GF or better yet have her come along. Don't break up before you go to court!

My wife travels a lot and one time I forgot to take down the sign when I picked her up a cop ran up to me but as soon as I said its my wife he was very nice and polite and said no problem. I don't forget to take the sign down anymore as I am sure you don't forget either!

Maven

You should've done a deep tongue kiss with your GF in front of the cop...
ROTFL. If that didn't work then ask if you could be taken to a quiet, soundproofed place where you cannot be observed for uh, you know, uh, questioning because your girlfriend feels sooooo bad about the ticket that she insists on making you feel much, much better (if ya know what I mean) and it will probably take about 20 minutes and can someone please watch the car so it doesn't get another ticket and we have to do it all over again.

SEAL Team 5

My Fellow Uber Partners:

I drive in Phoenix and I was picking up my girlfriend from the airport. I was NOT online. The parking enforcement officer saw my sticker. I tried to explain to her that I was not picking up a fare. She sent it in and now I have a ticket and court summons. Does anyone know how to get proof from Uber that I was not online on the date of that ticket? Even though the burden of proof, according to the constitution, is upon the prosecution, I have a feeling it will be me who needs proof in order to get the ticket dismissed. Please help.

Warm Regards,

Rusty Spurr
Just have your girlfriend write a statement and have it notarized. This should be sufficient. If there's a way to screenshot and print your Uber activity for that day that will also help. Years ago when I first started driving I did not have the airport credentials and I received a ticket in the mail. The airport Nazis are always out in full force.

Just curious, why did she write you a ticket? Are Ubers not allowed at your airport?
He picked up at a non designated rideshare spot.

iUBERdc

My Fellow Uber Partners:

Warm Regards,

Rusty Spurr
I never put the Uber sticker permeantly on my car. I can take mine on or off in seconds depending on the situation. Don't be free advertisement and don't draw attention to yourself.

Shangsta

Just curious, why did she write you a ticket? Are Ubers not allowed at your airport?
Lots of airports have strict rules about picking up arrivals. At mine you have to have a car that gets 45 mpg or better. It's pretty crazy how the rules vary from city to city.

sduberdude

The rules at my airport say you cannot display your trade dress if you are on a personal pickup. Therefore at my airport, that ticket would still be valid. I agree with the defense, but depending on your airport rules you still might be in trouble.