1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership.

Ticket

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Sopheap Pal, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Sopheap Pal

Sopheap Pal

I got my first traffic ticket tonight while I was going to a pick up in Buckhead Atl. I was following the GPS to turn left when there was a sign that says that I can't turn left when apparently is a left. So, the nice officer pulled me over. I had to cancel the pick up because the officer is taking his time. Do I submit that to uber support?

2. Surgeless in Seattle

Surgeless in Seattle

Driving:
    Lyft
    I hate Uber nav! They should cover the ticket because the nav regularly sticks us in a pickle somewhere due to this exact issue! Raise holy hell!!! Of course they'll tell you it's your responsibility to obey traffic laws... Grrrr! This one drives me crazy! Particularly since the nav drops the destination address while enroute ... You have to fiddle through to the Waybill.

3. UberNorthStar

UberNorthStar

Driving:
    UberX
    I would not. Uber may pay your ticket; count on seeing the payment come off your the paycheck after it is paid. :(. Find out of you can take a driver's safety course instead of paying the ticket.

BTW, Sopheap Pal, welcome to the forum!

Please read your Partnership Agreement.

New Drivers have 30 Days to Opt-out of Binding Arbitration. :)

chi1cabby likes this.
  4. No you cancelled the pick up, thats what you should have done. Uber would only want to hear about it if the custoemr was in the car and got delayed, they would refund the ride. As to the fine that's on you miss independent contractor!! Isn't it great owning your own business!!

5. D Town

D Town

No they will not. If you listen to a computer - or a pax - over plainly listed traffic laws you deserve the ticket. Harsh but come on...

Renaldow likes this.
  6. KGB7

KGB7

Driving:
    UberX
    If you disobeyed road signs then Uber wont help you. NAV apps arent perfect, next time use common sense.

Switch to Waze or Google Maps, its far more accurate when it comes to road signs and one way streets.

UberNorthStar and BostonBarry like this.
  7. Renaldow

Renaldow

Driving:
    UberX
    This^^^

You have eyes and a brain, the GPS should be assisting those, not the other way around.

D Town and KGB7 like this.
  8. KGB7

KGB7

Driving:
    UberX
    If US had a mandatory driving test every year, it would remove 60% of drivers off the road. $45 per head, US debt would drop by 20% with in 4 years.

Renaldow likes this.
  9. UberNorthStar

UberNorthStar

Driving:
    UberX
    Sir, :)

As I said in my post, you may be able to claim "No Contest" and get off with paying/attending a Defensive Driving Course.

If so, you get 10% of your personal insurance, too. ;)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015