Threw Out Another PAX!

bryan793

Threw out another pax today! Picked him up at the trolley stop on St. Charles. He tells me where he is going and I start driving. He is going somewhere on Louisiana Ave. The GPS tells me to turn off St. Charles onto Washington, probably do to traffic. He tells me, "You made the wrong F'in turn" and starts going off on a tirade about how simple it is to follow directions. I pull over to the side of the road on Washington and I tell him that I do not allow anyone to use disrespectful language towards me and that he would have to find another ride. He begins to say I'm sorry and that he was upset because I made a wrong turn. I told him That I was following GPS and WAZE, and that I didn't care if he was upset. I asked him to get out of my vehicle and he first refused. He said he would just be quiet! I told him no and informed him that he could take it up with uber because I sure was going to. He still did not want to leave and I told him that this was his final warning and that this was not an option. He finally got out! Funny part is. I took him maybe a half a mile and I got the 3 dollar flat rate! This made me more money than completing the trip!

AgentX

Threw out another pax today! Picked him up at the trolley stop on St. Charles. He tells me where he is going and I start driving. He is going somewhere on Louisiana Ave. The GPS tells me to turn off St. Charles onto Washington, probably do to traffic. He tells me, "You made the wrong F'in turn" and starts going off on a tirade about how simple it is to follow directions. I pull over to the side of the road on Washington and I tell him that I do not allow anyone to use disrespectful language towards me and that he would have to find another ride. He begins to say I'm sorry and that he was upset because I made a wrong turn. I told him That I was following GPS and WAZE, and that I didn't care if he was upset. I asked him to get out of my vehicle and he first refused. He said he would just be quiet! I told him no and informed him that he could take it up with uber because I sure was going to. He still did not want to leave and I told him that this was his final warning and that this was not an option. He finally got out! Funny part is. I took him maybe a half a mile and I got the 3 dollar flat rate! This made me more money than completing the trip!
I hate when people think they know the fastest way somewhere when the GPS tells you to turn down a different corner. Sometimes I don't even follow the GPS instructions and get there faster than the estimated time and I'm still the bad guy for taking them down an unfamiliar street or through a neighborhood.

NOLA-Uber

You definitely did the right thing. As soon as you took that turn onto Washington Ave. your rating from him was gonna be a 1 star based on his reaction. There's no way any of us should take verbal abuse from a passenger. Keep that pepper spray, or other weapon, handy!
This is one of the reasons I'm glad I have a dashcam that records the audio inside my vehicle. If a rider claims I said something that I surely did not say, I have the audio to back me up. And yes, it is legal in this state to record audio in your own vehicle without the other party's knowledge or permission.

You definitely did the right thing. As soon as you took that turn onto Washington Ave. your rating from him was gonna be a 1 star based on his reaction. There's no way any of us should take verbal abuse from a passenger. Keep that pepper spray, or other weapon, handy!
This is one of the reasons I'm glad I have a dashcam that records the audio inside my vehicle. If a rider claims I said something that I surely did not say, I have the audio to back me up. And yes, it is legal in this state to record audio in your own vehicle without the other party's knowledge or permission.

What type of camera do you have for your dash? I'm in the market for one.

NOLA-Uber

What type of camera do you have for your dash? I'm in the market for one.
I have a mini 0805. Do a google search...I paid $63 for mine from an online seller named "Gearbest.com". It records non-stop on a micro-sd card and puts out a beautiful HD video image in addition to excellent audio from inside of your vehicle.

Nolagal71

Maybe she can take him to the Emergency Room, dude's about to stroke out.

Best video ever.
I'd bet this is what the guy who secretly records his passengers private conversations looks and acts like. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a video camera on the floor for "upskirt" material.

He was well within his rights to get irate with her , evidently the passenger said or did something disrespectful to the driver, I am sure the first couple times he asked her to get out of his car he done so niceley then when she continuely to refuse to get out of his car, is when he got irate. Notice she only started recording AFTER he reached the point of yelling and demanding her to get out of his car.

Lunasea138

I actually agree with the driver. If she would have respected his request to get out the first time he asked, there wouldn't have been the crazy tirade that ensued. We've all been pushed, and you can hear her testing him, like poking a tiger. He's insane, but within his rights. She could have exited, rated him one star, and been done with it. She wasn't lost, she was entitled.