Three-Way Transaction at One Location...

Driving With A Purpose

I had an unusual situation happen late Wednesday.

I had a pickup from a Subway and the notes from the customer told me to deliver it to an employee at a Jack-in-the-Box. No problem, I figure she probably gets sick of eating the same food from Jack all the time.

Just before I arrive at Jack I figured I'm hungry too, so I'll get some food at the drive-thru for myself while I'm dropping off the customer's food. Just about the same instant, I get another ping saying I can add another $3 while I'm at Jack if I pick something up and take it two miles.

What the heck? Sure, I'll try it for the novelty if anything. So I'm at the drive-thru and I'm delivering food to the employee of Jack, picking up from her to deliver a couple miles away, and at the same time picking up for myself. A three-way transaction.

Anyone ever had any oddball stuff like that before?

Kurt Halfyard

Author
This is an amazing story. Thank you for sharing.
Back when UberPool & LyftShared were a thinkg, I did a mixed ride with Pool and Shared Pax. As luck would have it, they were going in the same direction.
This was foolhardy and dumb, and I think the Uber pax downrated me, albeit that happens so frequently on POOL, even when things go well.
@@@@ the Pool Pax.
It did it more for the experimentation than the $$, as it didn't pay much.

Planet Express Driver

a-team-t-shirt-hannibal-a-plan-comes-together.jpg

mama2bebes

I love it! When you get your food, Uber pays for your gas to and from, that's great!
Next time, you might be able to get your meal free, too, if you tell the customer she can tip that way instead of coming out her own pocket lol

Capitalism

I had a pickup from a Subway and the notes from the customer told me to deliver it to an employee at a Jack-in-the-Box. No problem, I figure she probably gets sick of eating the same food from Jack all the time.

Just before I arrive at Jack I figured I'm hungry too, so I'll get some food at the drive-thru for myself while I'm dropping off the customer's food. Just about the same instant, I get another ping saying I can add another $3 while I'm at Jack if I pick something up and take it two miles.

What the heck? Sure, I'll try it for the novelty if anything. So I'm at the drive-thru and I'm delivering food to the employee of Jack, picking up from her to deliver a couple miles away, and at the same time picking up for myself. A three-way transaction.

Wow
Post automatically merged:

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and light was out.

guano

It was a moving story.. i am still crying