1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Threats to get me banned from Lyft from non customer

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Dragonslayer, May 7, 2018.

1. When I'm not driving in Silverdale, I sit in a parking lot playing the Geolocation game Ingress (farming gear), portal happens to be someone's persol and he came out yelling and screaming at me for killing it.

In game chat he started bragging to me and other players he's reporting me to Lyft and getting me fired.. is this something I need to report screenshots of to Lyft?

Attached Files:

2. JMlyftuber

JMlyftuber

Driving:
    UberX
    What's a persol?

3. Digital virtual geocache. It's like capture the flag.

4. JMlyftuber

JMlyftuber

Driving:
    UberX
    Ahh, you kids and your newfangled toys!

Terri Lee, dogmeat and Cklw like this.
  5. Y0d4

Y0d4

Lol

sferguson23 likes this.
  6. reg barclay

reg barclay Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    So he's threatening to report you to Lyft for cheating on some kind of mobile RPG? I don't think Lyft deactivates drivers accounts for that.

Next time someone beats me at FIFA 18 or shells me on Mario Kart 8 I'm calling their employer.

comradev, MHR, aeiou_- and 3 others like this.
  7. Mellenials..

emdeplam, mrpjfresh and reg barclay like this.
  8. Dammit Mazzacane

Dammit Mazzacane

Just respond that you’ll SWAT his house....

*- I am 100 % kidding, swatting can have deadly consequences

Fed truck, dogmeat and Cableguynoe like this.
  9. Getting messages line that are a little intimating

JMlyftuber likes this.
  10. JMlyftuber

JMlyftuber

Driving:
    UberX
    Some drivers really do enjoy driving around for imaginary rewards... I guess these tncs have done a better job than I realized!

Dragonslayer and mrpjfresh like this.
  11. Kodyhead

Kodyhead

Driving:
    UberSUV
    this is my competition lol

Mista T likes this.
  12. Mista T

Mista T Author

Better let him win a few games.

Spend that time driving, trying not to piss off any other gamers.

13. The problem is even being active, it gets so slow out here.. if I catch a ride to airport, I'll go into Seattle, otherwise not worth the long trip there

14. kc ub'ing!

kc ub'ing!

Don’t worry until he threatens to tell the yard duty lady on you. As I remember those gals mean business!

Saltyoldman likes this.
  15. This, well not specifically this, but non-rider id of my car as a lyft or uber driver vehicle is exactly the reason I don't display trade dress when I'm not on my way to pickup a rider, or during a ride.

People get pissed off on the road all too frequently whether for real or imagined reasons, and displaying trade dress when not in one of the phases of a ride only makes drivers vulnerable to petty @$$hats like the one you describe.

Also why the hell would I advertise for lyft, or uber given the general level of .hitty pay and treatment?

Cary Grant and jlong105 like this.
  16. rex jones

rex jones

Human beings respond to rewards. It's a fact.

17. Coachman

Coachman

Driving:
    UberX
  18. reg barclay

reg barclay Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    I don't know about where the OP drives, but in some states the law requires us to display them so we have less choice in the matter.

19. Alison Chains

Alison Chains

Driving:
    UberX
    Ingress went toxic real fast once the critical mass of casual players that kept it fairly civil was lost. Anyone still playing it is either running people over or about to get run over. You're the one with the vehicle. Choose wisely.

20. I'll bet even then it's only when you're in one of the phases of the rideshare process. But even then what are your chances of getting in legal problems if you're only displaying on pickup, and driving to drop off rider? Even that significantly drops the odds you'll have the issue of petty people complaining about real or imagined driving slights when you're not at your most careful driving with a rider in the car.