1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Threat from Pax

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by Butter3031, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Butter3031

Butter3031

I am fairly new, and ran into a new issue. Pot is legal here. And I had a passenger ask me if I smoked. I said no which I do not, he claimed I did because my car smelled of it, at first I didn't realize he was referring to pot. I kindly told him it couldn't because I don't use, and had no one that night which had. He said I was lying, I looked back and he was vaping pot with a huge smile, not sure how but I could smell it.I politely told him vaping was not allowed. He said it was or I would be turned in for smoking pot since he smelled it, and a 1 star. What type of person would do this, but more upsetting is what do you do? And how could one lose their job due to a person smelling like pot before another gets in? I spray, and roll down windows but that only does so much...

UBERPROcolorado and tohunt4me like this.
  2. daave1

daave1

The first thing I would do is notify Uber and report him! And I hope you one-starred him as well! Whenever there is an issue with a passenger, the best thing to do is to get out ahead of it and report them before they report you. If/when you report him, make sure to ask that you are not paired with him in the future. Good luck.

3. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    You just described the typical Lyft pax.

4. Butter3031

Butter3031

Thank you for being kind, and to the point. I didn't know people would do something so awful. Hard to know people can be so low.

Benjamin M, IR12 and tohunt4me like this.
  5. daave1

daave1

The longer you drive, the more you will realize that there are a LOT of these a-holes out there. Take it with a grain of salt, report them to Uber and just move on. If you read through all the threads here, you'll see that drivers have been reported for much worse! Another tip, if you are new to driving, get yourself a dashcam ASAP. Even if it just faces out the front window, at least you will have the audio from idiots like that guy to back you up.

6. Butter3031

Butter3031

Now that I did notice, and yes it was. I have done Uber only since Oct. and just started Lyft 2wks ago. Since then the threat and my first 2 star. Until then it was all 5 stars. Almost stopped driving Lyft, not sure it's worth it.

7. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    I rarely turn the Lyft app on anymore. During the glory days, all the Lyft pax in my area were upper-scale clientele that tipped well. These days, the Lyft app mostly pukes up reject pax who suffered low ratings on the Uber app and could no longer attract an Uber driver to accept their ping, so they had no other choice except to sign on to Lyft. Continue to trash their ratings on Lyft, and hopefully they will return to the city bus for transportation.

8. Dashcam.
    Skip uber.
    Call police.
    Prosecute for EXTORTION !

9. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    The type that would be lying on the side of the road with his head so far up their ass you couldn't tell if he was eating his own butt or crapping his own head.

New2This, GT500KR, Cary Grant and 8 others like this.
  10. mbd

mbd

You got his profile, turn him in , just for fun

Uber's Guber and tohunt4me like this.
  11. teh744

teh744

Driving:
    UberX
    That ride would have ended there with me....

12. Nats121

Nats121

Get a DASHCAM

13. Or Taze him until he falls out of car

Where you can shoot him !

14. One day I was vaping pot between rides. I thought the distillate I was vaping was odorless. Because I was super stoned I didn't make any connection when several pax that day got in and enthusiastically told me how good my car smelled until the next day when I Vaped it in my wife's car and she asked me to crack the window due to the weed smell.

Guess I'm lucky the one thing entitled millennials, rich liberals and poor people have in common is they don't mind mmj.

New2This and tohunt4me like this.
  15. njn

njn

Vaping is illegal in public. He was committing a crime.

IR12 likes this.
  16. Butter3031

Butter3031

What are we able to do to defend ourselves from pax that think you are high/smoking due to a prior pax? It would seem that if it's legal, and L/U know this they would not allow pax to complain, heck I can't complain so why would they allow it to effect us keeping a job? Sorry to seem stupid, thinking maybe I thought people are better than they really are. Going to try and find a cheap cam, it is insane out there.

17. Too funny, your schedule of start dates for Uber and Lyft are exactly the same as mine. I do one weekend day a week and did a few more over the holidays. I've had plenty of people who reeked of pot, Medical Marijuana is legal here and it has totally changed the game and people feel as if they can break it out anywhere.

As for your issue yes report the rider and get a dash cam. I got mine after recommendations here, make sure you get the Pro model as it captures audio. I'm convinced the camera alone encourages better behavior as I have had zero issues. I did get a kick out of one stoned guy freak out as he looked at the camera. . Hell I don't even know how to download the damn files, I'm sure I'll learn if I have to.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0742J69SQ/?tag=ubne0c-20

Butter3031 likes this.
  18. METRO3

METRO3

Driving:
    Lyft
    okay they arent going to kick you off the system based on one complaint. what will happen is they will suspend you account for 24 hours pending an "investigation". which is why i kick them out if i smell weed on them and yes you have to get ahead of them by calling lyft but make sure you talk to the safety team not the regular team and report this incident asap. I have my doubts as to how effective this is. i've called them when i've had issues with pax and i still got an email from their safety team informing me of a complaint a pax made. But its still better than not calling.
    smoke pot? #outyougo :)
    if your going to do this you have to either have a backbone and stand up to these people or do everything they tell you to do and not let it bother you (be a minion)

Just BS, IR12 and Butter3031 like this.
  19. steveK2016

steveK2016

Driving:
    UberXL
    You didnt smell it because vape doesnt smell like anything. I usually let people vape if they ask. At most They may have a fruity smell if its a flavored vapor. Its basically just water vapors, hence the name.

I vaped in vegas and had my buddy blow it right on my face, I couldnt smell marijuana at all.

20. METRO3

METRO3

Driving:
    Lyft
    Ya but u can get high from the smoke. If anything this thread has established that you can get high from 2nd hand smoke