Thoughts on the morbidly obese

Inshur

pacopaco

I turned up to a quiet st for a pickup & saw a man who will undoubtedly tip the scales at least 450 Ibs. I was like oh Lord help me out... My Nissan Maxima still feeling the shock from the 11 mn ride & now it's like the alignment has been thrown off and probably causing uneven tire wear. What would you honestly do in a circumstance like this?

ninja warrior

I turned up to a quiet st for a pickup & saw a man who will undoubtedly tip the scales at least 450 Ibs. I was like oh Lord help me out... My Nissan Maxima still feeling the shock from the 11 mn ride & now it's like the alignment has been thrown off and probably causing uneven tire wear. What would you honestly do in a circumstance like this?
Call him a tow truck with a flatbed?:oopsies::eek:

Stateni

An average car is designed to carry 800- 1000 lbs evenly with their suspension system..

Unless of course you are a sumo wrestler driving Uber and you picked up another one who sat diagonally in your car...

Joke a side if you really want to refuse such a pax
You suggest them that they are going to be uncomfortable in your car you can cancel for them free of charge...
But I wouldn't suggest that especially if it is a Female Pax!!

sd1303

An average car is designed to carry 800- 1000 lbs evenly with their suspension system..

Unless of course you are a sumo wrestler driving Uber and you picked up another one who sat diagonally in your car...

Joke a side if you really want to refuse such a pax
You suggest them that they are going to be uncomfortable in your car you can cancel for them free of charge...
But I wouldn't suggest that especially if it is a Female Pax!!

Doubt that an 11 minute ride with a 200# weight difference between driver and passenger is going to cause any sort of significant issue.

Most cars are driven around with a multi-hundred pound solo driver sitting in the driver seat with all other seats empty. A full tank of gas adds 100-120# to the corner of the car with the tank. You are very likely temporarily exceeding the GVWR when you have five adults on board... especially if there is luggage.

Using your car as a livery vehicle for months or years at a time will wreck the car just fine on its own.

Last edited:

SilentKnight

Average cars are designed to carry 900-1,300 lbs. Your soft transverse mounted engine maxima has far worse things to worry about than fat pax. Cars like yours are designed for smooth suburb / hwy driving. Not for heavy duty stop/go pothole NYC driving. Crown Victoria's are best. Also, everyone should get a diesel. It's great for stop & go driving & durability.

pacopaco

Average cars are designed to carry 900-1,300 lbs. Your soft transverse mounted engine maxima has far worse things to worry about than fat pax. Cars like yours are designed for smooth suburb / hwy driving. Not for heavy duty stop/go pothole NYC driving. Crown Victoria's are best. Also, everyone should get a diesel. It's great for stop & go driving & durability.

'Soft transverse...' haha... You know what, I completed 3000 trips in 12 months with no major issues ... yesterday I visited my mechanic who after a test drive confirmed I will need to replace the rear passenger side wheel bearing (-$515) now I am crying ... you see ?

sd1303

'Soft transverse...' haha... You know what, I completed 3000 trips in 12 months with no major issues ... yesterday I visited my mechanic who after a test drive confirmed I will need to replace the rear passenger side wheel bearing (-$515) now I am crying ... you see ?

... and the 11 minute ride with the fat guy was the cause? Not the cumulative wear of the other 2,999 rides? Yea, sure, okay, cool.

Sorry to hear about your repair bill.

Inshur New York