thoughts on 311 v Uber for complaints?

Inshur

NYTransit

Hi,

I'm Dan Rivoli, transit reporter for the Daily News. I'm doing a story about 311 complaints, apps/FHV vs yellow/green taxis.

Are there any Uber drivers in NYC, perhaps with experience as a yellow driver, who would like to discuss their thoughts on 311, or whether you'd rather have a passenger complaint dealt with through Uber/app or through TLC via 311?

Email is drivoli at nydailynews

Montgomery

Come on Dan. It seems like you are planning to write an article telling people how to best file complaints against us. Not cool man.

NYTransit

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is a story based on statistics--there is no "best" way to file a complaint. If you'd like to speak, informally, please email me

Admitter

Hey Dan can you do us favor by doing a story about TLC MAFIA and uber corruption ?
Do you know tlc has hired people just to walk around the city and reporting drivers to tlc for huge fines as there is no such thing as fair hearing at tlc ?
And do you know uber is using its money to by pass rules and regulations ?
Give us a huge favor by doing a story on these things and if you need help just follow this forum.

alextheboss

Looks like he didn't like your response? How about an article talking about real issues, money/lively hood issues? Drivers killing their bodies trying to earn a decent living, instead you come here and ask where the entitled pax should go cry to? Not cool at all DAN

Lenny_yellow_cab

Hey Dan can you do us favor by doing a story about TLC MAFIA and uber corruption ?
Do you know tlc has hired people just to walk around the city and reporting drivers to tlc for huge fines as there is no such thing as fair hearing at tlc ?
And do you know uber is using its money to by pass rules and regulations ?
Give us a huge favor by doing a story on these things and if you need help just follow this forum.
Exactly what i was thinking, do a story on how the TLC is a dictatorship when it comes to these complaints. No need to have proof to get a cabbies livelihood taken away.

You can literally pick out any cab or fhv and make a complaint and it cud all be bull and the TLC will take action against the driver even though u made it up and u have no proof that it really happened.

Rustyshackelford

Any thought on how your readers would feel about uber wanting the tlc to allow drivers to be on the road for 15-18 hours. Ask how they would feel getting into a car with a driver who has been driving for 18 hours non stop. I think many are unaware of this. Too many stories going around out there of drivers falling asleep behind the wheel.

Douglas

Hi,

I'm Dan Rivoli, transit reporter for the Daily News. I'm doing a story about 311 complaints, apps/FHV vs yellow/green taxis.

Are there any Uber drivers in NYC, perhaps with experience as a yellow driver, who would like to discuss their thoughts on 311, or whether you'd rather have a passenger complaint dealt with through Uber/app or through TLC via 311?

Email is drivoli at nydailynews
Really want to do a story...how about how does the TL&C use the money it brings in? I know that if you go to the building, there are not enough employees to handle the amount of drivers that come through everyday. But my biggest issue is the phone. I have had issues where I needed to contact them and had to sit on the phone for 2-3 or more hours. And always speak to the same person. Is there only one person working the phone system for thousands and thousands of drivers?

Definitely Corruption in the TLC, but seems like the news reporters are afraid of them.

Ever see the way the TLC cops dress? I got stopped once and the guy refused to show me his badge, ID, or announce who he was. I started to dial 911 before he showed me. But they are dressed like bums, dirty clothes jeans and tee shirt...no uniforms? no dress code? I saw a video of a woman who had her fat butt hanging out of jeans and kept trying to pull them up at a traffic stop (TLC cop)

Reactions: LGC

Admitter

Few years ago i read this article in NYPOST about yellow cabs n i remeber this in the article
" ever wonder why you can't catch a yellow in nyc ? The answer is they're all working in jersey city. "
Lmfao this @@@@ reporter probably got some cash from uber n didn't even know that yellow guys can only drop off in jersey as they're not allowed to pickup there.
If we have reporters like that then dan is no different.
Right dan ?

marcusguber

Heres the simple answer, Uber cant fine you or take your license away and while they can stop giving you work its not a death sentence. The TLC can and will arbitrarily punish drivers with little actual due process or proof applied or needed. The reason you might have met some hostility here is the real story is how poorly compensated the average driver is and why are there people getting rich of the back breaking work put in by these drivers.

Uberman8263

Really want to do a story...how about how does the TL&C use the money it brings in? I know that if you go to the building, there are not enough employees to handle the amount of drivers that come through everyday. But my biggest issue is the phone. I have had issues where I needed to contact them and had to sit on the phone for 2-3 or more hours. And always speak to the same person. Is there only one person working the phone system for thousands and thousands of drivers?

Definitely Corruption in the TLC, but seems like the news reporters are afraid of them.

Ever see the way the TLC cops dress? I got stopped once and the guy refused to show me his badge, ID, or announce who he was. I started to dial 911 before he showed me. But they are dressed like bums, dirty clothes jeans and tee shirt...no uniforms? no dress code? I saw a video of a woman who had her fat butt hanging out of jeans and kept trying to pull them up at a traffic stop (TLC cop)
The NYC TLC is the only agency besides the Dept of Revenue that takes in more money then the budget they are allotted to spend. In other words it's a profit center for the city.

Me3zyy

Take a look at Dan's groundbreaking, thoroughly researched article.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...id-nyc-passenger-complaints-article-1.2706701

Also, another HUGE reason for the disparity is the fact that Uber cars are most often NOT smelly, uber drivers generally DON'T use cell phones (thanks to the rating system), and all fare disputes, the rare ones that do arise, are handled by Uber themselves.
You should've done some more research Danny boy. How'd you get hired by the Daily News anyway? Is your job to make shitty ad revenue generating articles? Suck a big one DAN.

Inshur New York