Thoughts about Rematch at EWR

Wh4tev3r!!!!

I had a passenger the other night heading to Newark Airport but she put the destination as the Newark Airport Marriott. I said no problem, its right near the terminals so don't worry about changing the address. Halfway through the trip, I start thinking that she should change the address to the Airport address because I wanted to qualify for the rematch instead of having to leave the airport or join the que. I asked her to change the address and stated my reason. She did so without any problem. I got a rematch as soon as I dropped her off. My question, does anyone know if you qualify for the rematch if the drop off address is within the Airport geofence? Say the Marriott or the Airport station or a car rental office? Anyone ever get a rematch from the Marriott address or any other address besides the terminals?

JerseyGT

I drive to EWR on average 3-4 times a week. Now, I only drive 2-3 days a week and only for a few hours a day. I can say this, there hasn't been a single time in the last two weeks that I haven't received a pickup request almost immediately after dropping a pax off.

Just the other night, I pulled into Marriot entrance to check my vehicle. Tire issue sent me for the nearest area off the "EWR 500 racetrack"
I'm inspecting the tire using the flashlight function on the phone and Bam.... Request to pickup at terminal B. Fluke? Luck? Don't have any idea.... Mystical unicorns flying around the airport must have dropped fairy dust on my vehicle that night!

UberSchmuber

One thing I discovered yesterday is that if you are headed to the airport on a destination filter for either Uber or Lyft, they will not rematch you immediately.
At least with Uber, you can shut it off before you get near EWR (should probably shut it off as soon as you know so you don't forget, which I did). It worked out though, I got two "Long Trips" in the 2 20 car Ques I waited for.

freeFromUber

I had a passenger the other night heading to Newark Airport but she put the destination as the Newark Airport Marriott. I said no problem, its right near the terminals so don't worry about changing the address. Halfway through the trip, I start thinking that she should change the address to the Airport address because I wanted to qualify for the rematch instead of having to leave the airport or join the que. I asked her to change the address and stated my reason. She did so without any problem. I got a rematch as soon as I dropped her off. My question, does anyone know if you qualify for the rematch if the drop off address is within the Airport geofence? Say the Marriott or the Airport station or a car rental office? Anyone ever get a rematch from the Marriott address or any other address besides the terminals?
I dropped a pax off on Dowd Ave in Elizabeth, and my next request was a pick up at terminal c...I was on Dowd Ave when I got the ping.

Ted L.

One thing I discovered yesterday is that if you are headed to the airport on a destination filter for either Uber or Lyft, they will not rematch you immediately.
At least with Uber, you can shut it off before you get near EWR (should probably shut it off as soon as you know so you don't forget, which I did). It worked out though, I got two "Long Trips" in the 2 20 car Ques I waited for.

I did a drop-off at EWR with a scheduled DF set. I was prompted to turn off the DF to get in the queue and as soon as I turned it off I got a rematch.

I don't know of any way to remove a scheduled DF during a ride.

SuzeCB

I dropped a pax off on Dowd Ave in Elizabeth, and my next request was a pick up at terminal c...I was on Dowd Ave when I got the ping.
There may have been no New Jersey drivers in the lot. Strange, I know, but possible considering how annoyed everyone is getting under the circumstances.

Quatro40

Yes they rematch you, I had the same exact trip, drop off at the Mariott on Monday night, got a rematch right away on a trip to Clinton.

Ted L.

There may have been no New Jersey drivers in the lot. Strange, I know, but possible considering how annoyed everyone is getting under the circumstances.

In that case there'd be an in-app and text message telling you the queue is low. I even get these when leaving the airport with a PAX.

Uberx24

If you don't get a rematch and then go to the Que, make sure you reset your app, because the other day I went into the Q and there were 40 cars ahead of me. After waiting for 1 hour when I was ready for my turn in the 1-10, I get a request from Ikea, I hit no thanks, and bammm... the app logged me off, I forgot that before I went into the Que I rejected 2 other ramdom pings earlier and since that was my 3rd, it kicked me out, then I got reset into the Que as 61-70.... FML I was so damn pissed I left home!!!!