• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Thought ride paid great until....

A few days ago son orders ride for Mom. I had a $17 Lyft bonus on next ride plus it was a long one. After pick up, the elderly woman keeps coughing and turns out she was sick. After 45 minute ride she tips $10 cash. Her son tipped me $5 in app so I was excited that I made over $50 for 45 minutes time!
Fast forward to today. Now I’m sick. Couldn’t work today. Dr. Bill $119. Meds $60. Probably can’t work tomorrow. Reason number 128 why driving for Uber/Lyft sucks. Oh and to top it off, the Mom said her son ordered a Lyft for her because he didn’t want to risk getting sick by driving her.

SuzeCB

A few days ago son orders ride for Mom. I had a $17 Lyft bonus on next ride plus it was a long one. After pick up, the elderly woman keeps coughing and turns out she was sick. After 45 minute ride she tips $10 cash. Her son tipped me $5 in app so I was excited that I made over $50 for 45 minutes time!
Fast forward to today. Now I’m sick. Couldn’t work today. Dr. Bill $119. Meds $60. Probably can’t work tomorrow. Reason number 128 why driving for Uber/Lyft sucks. Oh and to top it off, the Mom said her son ordered a Lyft for her because he didn’t want to risk getting sick by driving her.
After she handed you the money, after all the coughing she did, you didn't use your hand sanitizer on both your hands and the bill(s) and then spray the car with Ozium?

She didn't get you sick. You did.

mrpjfresh

And some people think the customers will care that Uber and Lyft pay their drivers garbage rates. Here is exhibit A of proof towards the contrary. "Just call an Uber or Lyft" should be the slogan for everything. Having a heart attack? Need to move apartments? Sick mother but don't want to risk your health? Sad.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
After she handed you the money, after all the coughing she did, you didn't use your hand sanitizer on both your hands and the bill(s) and then spray the car with Ozium?

She didn't get you sick. You did.
I used hand sanitizer and sprayed the car with Lysol. Its being enclosed in a small area that puts ride share drivers at risk of getting sick. You think those germs waited until after she got out of the car to attack me?

Solid 5

And some people think the customers will care that Uber and Lyft pay their drivers garbage rates. Here is exhibit A of proof towards the contrary. "Just call an Uber or Lyft" should be the slogan for everything. Having a heart attack? Need to move apartments? Sick mother but don't want to risk your health? Sad.
Thought Uber already rolled out that slogan with their TV ads........

evad77

Go to health store get oil of oregano, four drops under tongue works wonders, I get maybe one cold a year and in almost 4yrs driving have never had the flu

Seamus

I keep this in my trunk. At the first sign of coughing I pull over and put it on!

Last edited:

SuzeCB

I used hand sanitizer and sprayed the car with Lysol. Its being enclosed in a small area that puts ride share drivers at risk of getting sick. You think those germs waited until after she got out of the car to attack me?
Lysol only works on hard surfaces. Ozium works everywhere (but best on airborne), and will continue to work for hours after it's sprayed. One of the reasons it's a cab (or TNC) driver's best friend.

And you could have picked something up ANYWHERE. Ever go to a store?

Sorry you're not feeling well, though. Hope you're over it soon. Just got over an ear infection, myself.

ANT 7

Give it a few more months and you'll be immune to everything.

My wife works in health care and outside of an MRSA infection she's probably bug proof.

Oh yeah, get a fly shot every year too. If I had someone in my car who is sick I open the back windows, drive for 5 minutes then wipe the back down with Windex/Vinegar.