This weekend guarantees

merkurfan

So.. does this mean one has to stay on line in those areas the whole time? what if a pax takes you out of that area?

GUARANTEES

Saturday:
  • $25/hr minimum booked from 10pm - 12am
  • $30/hr minimum booked from 12am - 3am
To qualify you must:
  • Opt-in to the guarantee by 4PM on Saturday
  • Accept at least 90% of trip requests
  • Average at least 1 trip/hr
  • Be online in one of these areas: Minneapolis (North of W 36th, East of Lake Calhoun & South of Plymouth Ave N), Dinkytown/NE Minneapolis, or St. Paul

SkipBarber

If you get pulled out you are still eligible. ..you just have to do the trip per hour and 90% acceptance. If you do go offline, they count that as " off the clock"....last Saturday I got taken out to Plymouth and then had a couple rides out there and still got the guarantee.

Goober

You're supposed to head back towards the area, but they don't dock you if you accept trips on the way back, or take your time doing so

merkurfan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I did. I stayed out till 1 AM then went home because it had slowed down and the drunks where starting to get to the point I didn't want them in my car.

I averaged more than the guarantee and got a few 25+ dollar fairs that dropped me in surge areas for the next ride. I don't think I waited more than 5 minutes for the next ping.

Goober

I didn't even think about it, because I've been adding Lyft.. but should qualify and if I beat it it's only by a buck or two. .curious to see if I get anything. I actually had a great Friday with a 2.8X to wayzata after 2A.

Adding Lyft makes it impossible to keep track of your time...Lyft has a running tab to tell you total hours online daily/weekly earnings all while available for the next trip

SkipBarber

I didn't even think about it, because I've been adding Lyft.. but should qualify and if I beat it it's only by a buck or two. .curious to see if I get anything. I actually had a great Friday with a 2.8X to wayzata after 2A.

Adding Lyft makes it impossible to keep track of your time...Lyft has a running tab to tell you total hours online daily/weekly earnings all while available for the next trip
How busy is lyft compared to uber? Do you have both apps running simultaneously, or do you use 2 phones? Congrats on the juicy 2.8 surge...I've been doing this for a few months and had only 2 really nice (longer than 5 miles) surge fares

Goober

How busy is lyft compared to uber? Do you have both apps running simultaneously, or do you use 2 phones? Congrats on the juicy 2.8 surge...I've been doing this for a few months and had only 2 really nice (longer than 5 miles) surge fares
Like I said, about 4 Lyfts to every 10 Uber requests. I think signing off of Lyft to do the Ubers, which are busier, kept me from getting more Lyft fares. But the Lyft fares I got were great, at $1.72/mile + TIPS...I run both apps on my phone, and simply log off whichever one as soon as I accept a request via the other. I took today off, but I'm excited to see how it goes Tuesday-Friday during the day...since Uber isn't as busy, I'll have more of a chance to get Lyft pings.

Surge fares are great, the easiest way to get a big one is to just log off close to 2AM and head downtown. Wait for the surge to get juicy and log back in.

Goober

The main thing that I like about Lyft is the clientele...it's totally different. I haven't had a single person sit in the back seat... they're courteous, and because it starts charging the pax upon arrival, everyone comes out RIGHT AWAY. I basically promote the shit out of it while I uber..they spend over $250 dollars per background check compared to Uber's $29.99...half of the Lyft drivers who fail the Lyft background check pass Uber's with flying colors. The drivers are more knowledgeable and friendly. It's worth the extra $.42/mile. I'd much rather take a Lyft fare than an Uber. I canceled on an Uber I was a block away from because I had forgotten to sign out of Lyft, and I'd rather keep my Lyft acceptance rate higher and take the chance of getting a bit more for the fare and a tip over some $5 Uber fare and pax who take forever to get to the car!