This was a whole nother level of insane stupidity and incompetence from Uber Support. Colorado

Brand new to the site but I have been driving Uber and Lyft for a year and a half in Denver. I get horrible service from Uber support every time I call but THIS IS ON ANOTHER LEVEL FOR ME :i'm mad: *RANT:

I just got my driver's license and my yearly vehicle registration renewed at the same time. My old driver's license wasn't set to expire yet and the DMV gave me the paper temporary so I figured I would update that later. The Colorado vehicle registrations have changed a little in the way the look recently with security features on them but anyway, I have a legit one I had just gotten from the DMV so I take a picture and upload. Uber rejects it as "Document ineffective." I call support and the guy tells me they have no access to see why it was rejected but maybe the picture wasn't clear enough so I should try again. I do and they eject it for the same thing. I call back again. This guy tells me maybe the date that the registration takes effect hasn't happened yet. I tell him "Look at it, it says August 7th, 2019." He's "Oh yeah it looks like it was registered today." I said "I know, I was there. That was today." He tells me he doesn't know and to try to take a clearer picture."

At this point I'm pissed so instead of taking a picture, I throw my scanner on the highest quality setting and send them a crystal clear scanned image of it. They reject it "Document ineffective." So I call back pissed and demand the lady find out the reason. She puts me on hold and talks to someone and says "Sir it's because we need the original registration. This one does not show the effective date." I tell her "I'M LOOKING RIGHT AT MY REGISTRATION! IT SAYS AUGUST 7TH OF 2019 RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAMN DOCUMENT I SENT YOU AT THE BOTTOM!" She says "ok but we can't accept a scanned copy, we need the original." I told her, "THAT IS OF THE ORIGINAL!" So she tells me "Yes but it can't be a scanned one." "THEN HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO GET IT TO YOU ELECTRONICALLY?? ARE YOU SAYING YOU WANT ME TO HAND OVER MY ACTUAL REGISTRATION AND DRIVE WITHOUT ONE?" She says: "No sir, I will make a note in your file that there is an effective date on it so it will be accepted. But it can't be scanned. You have to take a picture of it and submit it through the app." "SO I CAN'T SEND YOU A CRYSTAL CLEAR SCANNED PHOTO, IT HAS TO BE A PICTURE TAKEN THROUGH AN APP? HOW IS THAT ANY DIFFERENT?" "Yes sir, take a picture in the app, submit and it will be approved." I tell her ok and do that. This time it comes back rejected as "Poor image quality." Worst. Company. Ever. They must only hire people below a certain IQ. I'm still not approved to drive.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just take a picture and submit it through the app. Why make things complicated? Unless you're using a potato to take the picture, any decent smartphone would be able to take a clear picture, provided that the lighting conditions are right.
That's exactly what I did. Four times and they rejected the picture all four times. They were clear pictures so that's why I broke out the scanner.

MiamiKid

Brand new to the site but I have been driving Uber and Lyft for a year and a half in Denver. I get horrible service from Uber support every time I call but THIS IS ON ANOTHER LEVEL FOR ME :i'm mad: *RANT:

I just got my driver's license and my yearly vehicle registration renewed at the same time. My old driver's license wasn't set to expire yet and the DMV gave me the paper temporary so I figured I would update that later. The Colorado vehicle registrations have changed a little in the way the look recently with security features on them but anyway, I have a legit one I had just gotten from the DMV so I take a picture and upload. Uber rejects it as "Document ineffective." I call support and the guy tells me they have no access to see why it was rejected but maybe the picture wasn't clear enough so I should try again. I do and they eject it for the same thing. I call back again. This guy tells me maybe the date that the registration takes effect hasn't happened yet. I tell him "Look at it, it says August 7th, 2019." He's "Oh yeah it looks like it was registered today." I said "I know, I was there. That was today." He tells me he doesn't know and to try to take a clearer picture."

At this point I'm pissed so instead of taking a picture, I throw my scanner on the highest quality setting and send them a crystal clear scanned image of it. They reject it "Document ineffective." So I call back pissed and demand the lady find out the reason. She puts me on hold and talks to someone and says "Sir it's because we need the original registration. This one does not show the effective date." I tell her "I'M LOOKING RIGHT AT MY REGISTRATION! IT SAYS AUGUST 7TH OF 2019 RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAMN DOCUMENT I SENT YOU AT THE BOTTOM!" She says "ok but we can't accept a scanned copy, we need the original." I told her, "THAT IS OF THE ORIGINAL!" So she tells me "Yes but it can't be a scanned one." "THEN HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO GET IT TO YOU ELECTRONICALLY?? ARE YOU SAYING YOU WANT ME TO HAND OVER MY ACTUAL REGISTRATION AND DRIVE WITHOUT ONE?" She says: "No sir, I will make a note in your file that there is an effective date on it so it will be accepted. But it can't be scanned. You have to take a picture of it and submit it through the app." "SO I CAN'T SEND YOU A CRYSTAL CLEAR SCANNED PHOTO, IT HAS TO BE A PICTURE TAKEN THROUGH AN APP? HOW IS THAT ANY DIFFERENT?" "Yes sir, take a picture in the app, submit and it will be approved." I tell her ok and do that. This time it comes back rejected as "Poor image quality." Worst. Company. Ever. They must only hire people below a certain IQ. I'm still not approved to drive.
Try to be more positive. ?

Try to be more positive. ?
I give every service rep the benefit of the doubt when I call that this particular person can just help me. I feel like every issue ends up being three or four calls to get anywhere.
Post automatically merged:

I give every service rep the benefit of the doubt when I call that this particular person can just help me. I feel like every issue ends up being three or four calls to get anywhere.
It took me four calls and a week to get my $3.75 cancellation fee last month. It was not worth the time for that amount of money but I had reached a point where it was just on principal at that point.

FormerTaxiDriver♧

You probably need to pin it under a bright light and take the picture. Hold the camera real steady. Maybe graspe a broom handle as if it were a monopod.

I had trouble like that before as well.

You probably need to pin it under a bright light and take the picture. Hold the camera real steady. Maybe graspe a broom handle as if it were a monopod.
You might have missed the part that after my rejections I used an actual computer scanner on high resolution, sent that picture and it got rejected. It was a flawless picture.

FormerTaxiDriver♧

They do but I literally scanned it as a Jpeg for that exact reason. It was a high resolution Jpeg from a computer scanner.
They look in the properties in the picture for timestamp and other gibberish, because a lot of people are into fraud.

You are about to join a massive herd of phone zombies, so starting off on right right foot will be with the phone.

Rohit must be bored and is trying to see how many time do you submit... don’t be so mad... he is human too
He must have been the one I spoke to that I could not understand a word. I had to hang up midconversation and call back to get someone else. Maybe that pissed him off that I hung up on him so hes rejecting everything from now on,
Post automatically merged:

They look in the properties in the picture for timestamp and other gibberish, because a lot of people are into fraud.
You know what, I didn't think about that.