1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

This Uber Driver tried to rip me off

Discussion in 'Dallas' started by McDriver, Aug 12, 2017.

1. McDriver

McDriver New Member

I'm an Uber driver, but I was out of town and flew into DFW so I needed a ride home. I booked a ride with Uber, but I cancelled right away (like 30 seconds after booking it) because I got an important phone call that I needed to take, and I didn't want to be dealing with Uber while I was on it. After the call, I booked another ride. It was quite interesting when I got 2 receipts for that night...this jerk tried to pull one over on me when I booked the first ride.

Dude started my trip as soon as he got the call, and he was no where near Terminal A where I was located. He was actually 4.4 miles way on Innovation drive. Had I not cancelled the ride, I probably wouldn't have realized that he started the ride early, and I would have gotten ripped off. I let Uber know, but they won't do a thing. In their response they sent telling me that they were refunding my money, they said the driver must have accidentally started the trip. I let them know that I'm a driver and that both they and I know that no one "accidentally" starts a trip 4.4 miles too soon.

We don't need people like this driving for Uber. It gives us all a bad name.

Uber Driver.jpg

Ressy, KellyC, twinwillow and 2 others like this.
  2. dirtylee

dirtylee Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    No one cares.
    Everyone is a driver now.

3. d0n

d0n Well-Known Member

So you cancelled the first ride and yet the guy did the trip, who do you think is the crook here? Uber or the driver since you cancelled?

tohunt4me and Uberyouber like this.
  4. Uberdummy

Uberdummy Well-Known Member

Oh please. You are so full of it. It doesn't matter when where why how the driver started your trip. You were given an up front quote for the trip and that is what you pay no matter what the driver does or what route he takes. Quit whining and shut up.

Theboss2002 and tohunt4me like this.
  5. McDriver

McDriver New Member

Uberdummy, your name is fitting. Your post was fine except for the last sentence. No need to be nasty.

SuperManBas and KMANDERSON like this.

6. Uberyouber

Uberyouber Well-Known Member

that boy ugly...

"We don't need people like this driving for Uber. It gives us all a bad name." ???

We already have a bad name. it cant get any worse...

wk1102, SuperManBas, zzzsp and 3 others like this.
  7. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

One of those " Fancy Pax " that cant put his phone down !

Even worse
    He has the " I AM A DRIVER COMPLEX"!

How many weekends a month do you drive ?

REAL UBER DRIVERS CANT AFFORD AIRFARE !

8. Stas2007

Stas2007 Member

More important question did you tip the driver that drove you home?

9. Bad uber pro

Bad uber pro Active Member

" I don't wanna deal with Uber while I was on it"
    Dude , if u can't handle being on the phone while you wait on your ride, how can you handle driving, navigating and finding your customer?
    " We don't need people like this driving for Uber" lol

SuperManBas and tohunt4me like this.
  10. KellyC

KellyC Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Lol, I accidentally started a trip too soon last week using Lyft (still not sure how I did it; I was trying to cancel). I went ahead & picked the guy up, immediately told him what I had done & apologized, & told him he was entitled to a fare adjustment & that I would report it to Lyft. As soon as the trip was over I reported to Lyft & requested a fare adjustment on the rider's behalf (he got it, according to Lyft)

Guy was super nice, gave me $10 tip that I didn't deserve. :D

tohunt4me and Cary Grant like this.
  11. fxcruiser

fxcruiser Active Member

Driving:
    Livery
    This Dude (A newb of course) got him some Reese Slitherspoon 'tude! Prolly asks LE when they pull him: "Ossifer; Do you know who I am?!" BTW: we can tell you be somebody by dat S%^t- eatin' Pic ya got posted....Six months max!

tohunt4me likes this.
  12. Coachman

Coachman Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm guessing Irving or Euless.

Cary Grant and SuperManBas like this.
  13. NoBS

NoBS Member

That driver that started the trip early is more a dumb than a scam artist. Number 1 airport rule is never start the trip until the rider is on your back seat. Everybody knows that.

14. HotRodriguez75

HotRodriguez75 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    The driver was more likely screening the ride to get the destination.

I had a rider 2am Sunday at DFW that had two drivers call and screen/cancel. Upon drop off, he handed me his phone and I we submitted help tickets for both. Sorry but these fools at DFW that sit in the queue should get all the short trips for the stupidity of sitting in that queue for hours on end.

Yesterday I took 3 rides into the airport and jumped the queue all three times. And these guys wonder why the queue is taking so long. Many drivers are the not the sharpest tool in the shed.

15. dfw_driver

dfw_driver Member

I took a peek at the A lot yesterday. Most of the drivers there look like they are pretty new in this game. I think the veterans are not wasting their time in the lot these days, especially in the hot weather.

tohunt4me likes this.
  16. tohellwithu

tohellwithu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Bad ass Uber driver complaining about another bad ass driver. Funny guy, stop complaining. Get a freaking cab and get going.

tohunt4me likes this.
  17. Volvonaut

Volvonaut Active Member

Lyft has this dumb thing it can do where it starts the trip based on your car rolling a small distance, like 1000 feet. Though I think you must first claim to have arrived before that's a factor. I hate how it's automatic after that though because sometimes I was just trying to find them.

18. Yankeeinhrtoftx

Yankeeinhrtoftx Active Member

Back to his car he left at an apartment complex because he's too cheap to pay for parking.

Cary Grant and tohunt4me like this.
  19. Bear75063

Bear75063 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Au contraire............. he needs to be as nasty as can be so that my posts look like the voice of sanity
    and reason!!

My early days I got a ping at the port and I always text the rider asking what entry number they were at. This rider called me
    and the convo was like:

Rider: We're here at C4
    Me: Coming from Terminal A and be there in a few.
    Rider: But you ARE coming to get us, right?
    Me: Yes, you are at C4?
    Rider: Yes, C4 and you will be giving us a ride?
    Me:.................................................... uh, yeah???

I thought that was very strange until they told me that THREE drivers called them and asked their destination [Embassy Suites Bass Pro]
    then cancelled. I screamed bloody hell to Uber [not because I got a short trip, just the *******dness of the 3 Uber ****S and the frustration
    of the riders] and Rajesh in Bangalore just didn't have a single **** to give!!

20. UberNdallas

UberNdallas Active Member

I think calling the riders to see if you want the trip or not is a &%$@!* move. Just my opinion.