This trip has ended.... get out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

murito99

So I picked up a 2 pax pool trip in K-town at 4am. Destination was not clear, only said Arcadia, Ca. Half way there passenger said if I can take him to his house 3 miles away from destination.

I kindly said no because he had requested pool and we are not able to change destinations. I gave him the option to take them to destination and from there they could request another uber to there house and that most likely it would be me. He said it was ok and to continue on with the trip.

Then his friend starts tripping out. Saying that I was messed up for not taking them directly. Started to insult me and started to hit the rear seat. At that moment I told them this trip has ended and I was dropping them off at the nearest exit.

You can't leave us here in the middle of nowhere he said. Oh yes I can! Got to a gas station and asked them to get out. 1st passenger got out and then the other one stayed inside and did not want to get out. He said he knew the co-founder of Uber and that I was going to get fired...... I got out and started to laugh. He is still in my car and does not want to get out.

Across the street I spot a cop car and start flashing my lights and wave them down. They get there.He quickly got out and started telling the officers that I was drunk.

He starts yelling ...You're so fired fired!
I explained to the officers the situation and they asked if I was ok. I said yes. Okay then leave these fools here and continue working.

Good night.

Danielson_

So I picked up a 2 pax pool trip in K-town at 4am. Destination was not clear, only said Arcadia, Ca. Half way there passenger said if I can take him to his house 3 miles away from destination.

I kindly said no because he had requested pool and we are not able to change destinations. I gave him the option to take them to destination and from there they could request another uber to there house and that most likely it would be me. He said it was ok and to continue on with the trip.

Then his friend starts tripping out. Saying that I was messed up for not taking them directly. Started to insult me and started to hit the rear seat. At that moment I told them this trip has ended and I was dropping them off at the nearest exit.

You can't leave us here in the middle of nowhere he said. Oh yes I can! Got to a gas station and asked them to get out. 1st passenger got out and then the other one stayed inside and did not want to get out. He said he knew the co-founder of Uber and that I was going to get fired...... I got out and started to laugh. He is still in my car and does not want to get out.

Across the street I spot a cop car and start flashing my lights and wave them down. They get there.He quickly got out and started telling the officers that I was drunk.

I explained to the officers the situation and they asked if I was ok. I said yes. Okay then leave these fools here and continue working.

Good night.
Well done! He was wrong for hitting your seat and insulting you! Don't take anyones crap.

micki

I hope you got on the phone immediately and filed a report with their emergency number. That would keep you in the clear and most likely block them from future access to uber.
Emergency number? Lol, that's a cruel joke they play on drivers. We always think we have this number that we can use to talk to a real person ICOE. My second week working I was in a fairly major accident (other drivers fault) I learned that number was only a recording referring you back to how to use the incident report through the Uber Partner app. That was my one and only experience with it. Someone else may say they had better luck.

Old Smokey

Good night.
I love it when they say they know someone at FUBER and they are going to have the drivers fired.

Reactions: Noy

MrA

What can be done if there is not a police officer nearby? Typically, the police show up after the fact, document the incident, maybe investigate further. A traffic stop is just about the only time a police officer directly intervenes into an infraction of the law, as it is happening. A citizen has the duty to protect himself, his home, his family, belongings, community, etc. I had to ask a rider to exit the vehicle recently, he just sat there, wouldn't move. I felt like dragging his ass out of my car, but not sure what I was entitled to do in the situation. I just kept asking him to leave, waiting patiently for him to do so.
I was prepared to counter any attack by the rider, but he just sat there, non threatening. He finally just got out after about ten minutes of being on hold with the police. He was calling the cops on me, lol..

Noy

Good night.
Love it!!!!

MrA

Getting the cops was a good move.
Stop the car, take the keys out, walk away and call 911 if there's not a cop around.
I agree, best coarse of action. Why needlessly risk injury or property damage with confrontation? Problem is, in my experience calling police, they are not in much of a hurry to come and help, unless there is a felony in progress. You could be waiting for an officer a very long time. I guess I would say the guy is trying to steal my car, lol.

jaywaynedubya

Lmao, well done, one thing though, how was the destination not clear with a Pool ride? Also, you could of told them sure, but you'd take the long way to arcadia, I'd go 101 to 110 north to 5 to the 2 to the 210 to arcadia. good 30 miles.

UberIsAllFubared

I think I might have had the cops arrest (actually you would have to make a citizens arrest) him for assault. When he is hitting your seat, he is assulting you (if you felt threatened). Battery is if he touches you.

Uruber

Good night.
Well done at the end, but this could have been easily avoided not taking the Pool pin, just an opinion :wink:

sekani

What can be done if there is not a police officer nearby? Typically, the police show up after the fact, document the incident, maybe investigate further. A traffic stop is just about the only time a police officer directly intervenes into an infraction of the law, as it is happening. A citizen has the duty to protect himself, his home, his family, belongings, community, etc. I had to ask a rider to exit the vehicle recently, he just sat there, wouldn't move. I felt like dragging his ass out of my car, but not sure what I was entitled to do in the situation. I just kept asking him to leave, waiting patiently for him to do so.
I was prepared to counter any attack by the rider, but he just sat there, non threatening. He finally just got out after about ten minutes of being on hold with the police. He was calling the cops on me, lol..
Mace. To the face.

DocT

Good night.
You're lucky a cop was nearby.
I would call 911, and tell them I am being carjacked, and the carjacker is in my car NOW! Give your plate# and location, and you are in the driver's seat.
Rider is IN your car and demanding you to take them to a destination. Sounds like you are being held against your will. Let the rider scream all they want, and 911 dispatch will have all that recorded for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.