• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

This simply explains why pay is so incredibly low

Stevie The magic Unicorn

The VAST VAST majority of gig workers think exactly like him.
until their check engine light comes on, their car is up on one of these and a mechanic is giving him A LIST of things that need fixed.

Well sir...

You brake pads are done, the engine is misfiring, you need two new head gaskits, your AC needs recharged, your timing belt is about to fall apart, there is filings in your motor oil, and your key fob needs a new battery

"Well isn't it under warranty? I had a 5 year warranty!"

"36,000 miles, your at 85,000"

"Well all i have is $200, can you get it back on the road for $200?"

"well for $200 i can tow it to your house"

doyousensehumor

Did you guys really watch thie video?

According to him, he is concerned he is going to go from $250 a day (gross) to somewhere around $100, plus gas. No more hustling multiple apps. Capped at 8 hours a day. Really liked being independant. yadda yadda.

He thinks under AB5 the only expences paid is gas.
What expences ARE covered under AB5?

I read elsewhere in CA, it would be $28/hr total including expense compensation. That true?

I haven't done research on the AB5 expence compensation... let's say a driver is more efficient, with car expences. Does he still get the same exence compensation as say someone using a F150?

Last edited:

Stevie The magic Unicorn

Did you guys really watch thie video?

According to him, he is concerned he is going to go from $250 a day (gross) to somewhere around $100, plus gas. No more hustling multiple apps. Capped at 8 hours a day. Really liked being independant. yadda yadda.

He thinks under AB5 the only expences paid is gas.
What expences ARE covered under AB5?

I read elsewhere in CA, it would be $28/hr total including expense compensation. That true?

I haven't done research on the AB5 expence compensation... let's say a driver is more efficient, with car expences. Does he still get the same exence compensation as say someone using a F150?
You would be getting at least min wage, tips (pursuant to state law) and expenses by IRS standards.

Expenses (for me) would be $110+ per day in payments, with about 1/4 going to gas.

Expenses would be over $10 an hour

mrpjfresh

I watched 8 seconds and knew he was an idiot. Who spent 29 minutes watching this mouth breather?
How dare you disparage Bill Burr's overweight, undereducated cousin like that!

" Do you really want to be treated like an employee" asks the dope who already is. I got as far as the part around 11:30 where he advises drivers not to pay their self-employment taxes... Op is spot on. A pure imbecile in every sense of the word.

New2This

How dare you disparage Bill Burr's overweight, undereducated cousin like that!

" Do you really want to be treated like an employee" asks the dope who already is. I got as far as the part around 11:30 where he advises drivers not to pay their self-employment taxes... Op is spot on. A pure imbecile in every sense of the word.
The guy shows the perils of inbreeding

KK2929

Do you see the complete imbecile in this video?
He actually thinks that everything Uber, Lyft, etc pay him is PURE Profit and he has ZERO expenses.
The VAST VAST majority of gig workers think exactly like him.
------------------------------
Is he old enough to shave ?
He has not paid his taxes and thinks that the IRS cannot do anything.
He should learn to express himself WITHOUT using the "F" Bomb.
He is unable to put two thoughts together that make sense.
34 minutes of listening to him ??? I don't think so.
But you are correct. Too many drivers have the same misguided ideas.

kevin92009

until their check engine light comes on, their car is up on one of these and a mechanic is giving him A LIST of things that need fixed.

Well sir...

You brake pads are done, the engine is misfiring, you need two new head gaskits, your AC needs recharged, your timing belt is about to fall apart, there is filings in your motor oil, and your key fob needs a new battery

"Well isn't it under warranty? I had a 5 year warranty!"

"36,000 miles, your at 85,000"

"Well all i have is $200, can you get it back on the road for $200?"

"well for $200 i can tow it to your house"
Can you get it back on the road for 200 😂

The_Solo

I made it 10 minutes which was way too much. He believes expenses = gas and is mostly mad that they will be taking taxes out cause he doesn’t pay taxes. But makes and posts a video clearly stating he knows he is suppose to pay taxes but admits he will just play dumb and say he didn’t know he’s suppose to pay taxes. That will go well for him.