Uber Drivers Forum banner

This new Uber idea sounds horrible...

UberEats 
4K views 67 replies 35 participants last post by  Rose511 
#1 ·
This sounds like it’s time consuming and a disaster waiting to happen...Did anyone else see this? Is anyone trying it? I hope we do not lose delivery opportunities by NOT signing up for it. I don’t want to wait in line to pay for customers orders or have to use my own money!! That sounds insane!!!! I would never use my own money to pay for an order and I don’t trust Uber to reimburse me especially not in a timely manner.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
This sounds like it's time consuming and a disaster waiting to happen...Did anyone else see this? Is anyone trying it? I hope we do not lose delivery opportunities by NOT signing up for it. I don't want to wait in line to pay for customers orders or have to use my own money!! That sounds insane!!!! I would never use my own money to pay for an order and I don't trust Uber to reimburse me especially not in a timely manner.
How do they pay it back ? Maybe you can accumulate 2.2 million$$ in reward points:thumbdown:

#5 · (Edited)
I feel like Ubereats is making it so these customers are getting more lazy and will eventually have to do nothing! Why can't they pay for their own food? That's doesn't make any sense! Soon, Uber will ask us to make the food or take it straight to them in their living room...I really can't believe this.

Exactly, I would never trust them to pay it back. I've had fares missing before, the app never works properly, support is never helpful and they expect us to use our own money...they really are out of their mind!!!!!!!!

They basically want us to take the money we earn and give it right back to them 😂😂😂😂this is laughable

#9 ·
Yes that is a bit odd. I guess this is for restaurants that don't sign up for the Uber eats app but Uber feels there will still be demand and opportunity. Not likely a success unless they have some way to stream line it. I could see having a UBER support person call in an order and pay for it and then drivers arrive. That model may work for restaurants that don't use the uber eats app but will take phone orders. No easy solution for walk in only restaurants. Walk in only may slowly disappear - go out of business - as they are reducing their potential revenue streams and limiting their profitability.

#12 ·
Yes, I agree it is odd and not likely a success unless they have a way to stream line it which I doubt. I have enough problems using the app the way it is now. Not sure if it's just in Michigan but the app never works well in my area. It's always crashing, freezing, sending multiple drivers for the same order, restaurants closed left and right and sometimes it takes hours to reach support and then they say they can't help you....this will complicate things even more unless it is very lucrative for us and I doubt that.

If there is an Uber credit card that they are responsible for I could see this more likely working. If it is your own card and cash then it is another issue. Uber has enough problems and quirks with their system that also having to get them to pay you for out of pocket costs is just another opportunity for problems. I'd be reluctant to use my own cash or credit. The benefits would have to be worth the risk. So far on low value, low return orders, that does not seem likely. The risk goes higher the more $'s involved without a significant increase in the compensation.
Yes, I also agree. There would have to be a very very SIGNIFICANT increase in our compensation and I still would not use my own money maybe an Uber credit card but the orders would have to be ready. I don't want to have to place the order and wait for it to be ready. That's less orders per hour especially if the restaurant is already super busy and packed...and yes Uber already has enough problems and quirks. The app is broken more than it works.

#11 ·
If there is an Uber credit card that they are responsible for I could see this more likely working. If it is your own card and cash then it is another issue. Uber has enough problems and quirks with their system that also having to get them to pay you for out of pocket costs is just another opportunity for problems. I'd be reluctant to use my own cash or credit. The benefits would have to be worth the risk. So far on low value, low return orders, that does not seem likely. The risk goes higher the more $'s involved without a significant increase in the compensation.

#23 ·
This sounds like it's time consuming and a disaster waiting to happen...Did anyone else see this? Is anyone trying it? I hope we do not lose delivery opportunities by NOT signing up for it. I don't want to wait in line to pay for customers orders or have to use my own money!! That sounds insane!!!! I would never use my own money to pay for an order and I don't trust Uber to reimburse me especially not in a timely manner.
I'm no fan of UE but you can tell most of you do UE exclusively.

This is nothing new, DD, GH, and PM all do this already.
  1. You use the card they front you, not your own money.
  2. GH usually pays more on these orders than the regular ones to compensate.
  3. It used to be more common on DD, now it's rare.
  4. It matters if they tell you up front or not. On GH they tell you up front so you can accept or not knowing its an order and pay. Sometimes they pay decent money so I'll take them. The key is to pull over and phone the order in so it is ready when you get there. When I do them I take more than one so I'm delivering one while the order is being made and ready to go at pick up. If you go to the restaurant and order it takes too long.
  5. On DD you get to know which places operate this way so just decline the offer.
Bottom line, it can be good or it can be garbage. Has to be an amount that is worth your while. It also must be a place where you can phone it in. If the offer doesn't pay much and you have to order it there and wait then NG.

#33 ·
They don't have any locations where I live in Michigan but thanks for the tip lol

Phoning in those types of orders is also risky.

I saw a video on Youtube a while ago about a DD driver who placed a large order by phone to save time only to discover after arriving at the restaurant that the customer had cancelled. The DD card was declined and the manager or owner demanded that she pay out of her own pocket and threatened to call the police. The driver got so upset she started crying.

I'm pretty sure DD requires drivers to place the order in person to prevent something like that from happening.
And this is exactly why it's too time consuming and will be a disaster...ain't nobody got time for that and I'm not paying for no customers order that cancelled. That's crazy lol

which area is this available? can't wait to start racking my 5X restaurant card!
Im in metro Detroit in Michigan and it was just offered today.

Unlike DD and GH, Eats drivers aren't shown the tips in advance so they don't know whether it's worth it or not.
Yes, the tips don't drop till about an hour or so after you do the delivery...

#29 ·
I'm not saying i would do it however I would really consider it. Discover Card and Capital One offers a lot of 5% cash back on restaurant offers. I think between the two I could rack up 5% on nearly every purchase.

Reactions: Rose511
#57 ·
The reason why Uber is asking drivers to pay with their own money is because their not stupid, they know if something goes wrong with the order, the driver will take the fall and not them. I mean if they were honest and practice good work ethics, they would send drivers a card(just like the DD,Postmates, & GH) so we don't take any risks. It's just common sense.

#34 ·
What Could Possibly Go Wrong??!!! 😆

#38 ·

Reactions: Rose511
#39 ·
I'm pretty sure DD requires drivers to place the order in person to prevent something like that from happening.
If that is the case, it is DECIDEDLY a reason not to do it. You accept the job. You go to the restaurant. You place the order. You wait. All of this is uncompensated. Finally, the restaurant renders unto you the order. Finally, you are on compensated time. You run the delivery. You get five dollars. You easily have invested forty five minutes for five dollars and no tip. ..................not happening.

#42 ·
I feel like Ubereats is making it so these customers are getting more lazy and will eventually have to do nothing! Why can't they pay for their own food? That's doesn't make any sense! Soon, Uber will ask us to make the food or take it straight to them in their living room...I really can't believe this.

Exactly, I would never trust them to pay it back. I've had fares missing before, the app never works properly, support is never helpful and they expect us to use our own money...they really are out of their mind!!!!!!!!

They basically want us to take the money we earn and give it right back to them 😂😂😂😂this is laughable
For sure. Funny comment but quite true. Maybe we should pay Uber a Driver Pass fee for the privilege of bringing hot or cold meals to local citizens who look down on drivers?

#46 ·
These are garbage orders and a waste of time in most cases, I did sign up for it months ago to get a $30 promo for just activating the card, I tried to test it out at some hotdog place, the receipt wasn't itemized , it wouldn't upload, I called uber, support rep cancelled the order and I tossed the hotdogs in the parking lot.

#48 ·
I don't do delivery any longer, but it is common among other delivery companies to be issued a debit card to use to pay for orders. Eats is just late to the game on issuing debit cards. If I did delivery I would sign up for the card. I just would never use my own cash or card to pay for the food under any circumstance. That is crossing the line. I don't trust Uber even a little bit. They are the most dishonest, blatantly evil corporation I have ever encountered.

#50 ·
I am saying NO too. It sounds like the worst idea they have come up with yet.

A lot places I go to have the food already bagged and sitting in a little cubby ready to go. Paying for the food will certainly add more time and confusion especially if they expect us to use our own money sometimes...

What does everyone think?
Its Uber.

Most Ideas are AWEFUL !

#54 ·
Of course you'll lose delivery opportunities by not signing up, but theyr'e opportunities you don't want anyway.

Just ignore it. What i did.

#58 ·
Of course you'll lose delivery opportunities by not signing up, but theyr'e opportunities you don't want anyway.

Just ignore it. What i did.
I agree, they are delivering opportunities that will not be missed at all...not even a little! 😊😊

The reason why Uber is asking drivers to pay with their own money is because their not stupid, they know if something goes wrong with the order, the driver will take the fall and not them. I mean if they were honest and practice good work ethics, they would send drivers a card(just like the DD,Postmates, & GH) so we don't take any risks. It's just common sense.
Yes, I agree...having an Uber card is one thing asking us to use our own money sounds extremely corrupt and unethical but Uber has no limits when it comes to drivers and screwing us over. Uber is evil as far as I'm concerned.

#59 ·
Is shocking to see how a lot of people on here actually considering this idea, it's a not brainier, just simply don't do it. The end result will always be Uber taking a bigger cut and cheat you out of your money. I can see down the road drivers battling Uber just to get their own money back let alone their earnings. Yes Uber knows well the recipe, first they will lure you in with high bonuses for every order you pay with your own money to eventually put in place some weird rules to than later keep your monies or charge you some extra fees because you didn't follow Y or Z. That's how we ended up with these ridiculous $3 deliveries, they have us hooked with extra bonuses weeks ago to now surprised us with a big slash on the rates. If we simply don't play their game we'll win. I turn down every single $3 delivery, I literally don't accept anything bellow $5, this forces the system to funnel me just higher dollar amount deliveries.
$5 lmao for $5 id drive 5 miles to the store nothing else if they want me to go in pick up 1 taco or 100 tacos id need another $10 + $1 a mile to wherever they want it delivered

they love you geez bunch of children

1000+ uber eats orders 1 literally 1 would of paid a legal wage some of yall really clueless thinking you getting over, ignored & screenshotted everyone, i turn it on to laugh then after about 20 minutes that laughing turns to disgust haha

I would of did it in 1985 on my bike if i was a child like when this kid was begging for $2

you do realize each ride costs you $2-4 so getting $5 is basically $1-2 profit doh there goes the fuel pump

bizzaro planet eating right into these evil criminals plans $3 is absurd woohoo $5 gtfoh and go grab ya shine box you part of the problem kid

thats shocking

I-want-my-two-dollars.jpg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.