1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

This may belong in the off topic section....

Discussion in 'Los Angeles & Orange County' started by Jasmine Santana-Wees, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Jasmine Santana-Wees

Jasmine Santana-Wees

Driving:
    UberPLUS
    So awhile back I moved from Oregon for my husbands job. I got a job at IKEA and started to make friends, it was nice. I recently lost my job at IKEA and so my husband said I should try working for Uber. I loved the idea until I realized I wouldn't have proper co-workers... This made me sad...

So if there is anyone out there in the area that would like to get to know each other. I know this sounds like a pathetic attempt for a personal ad, but I guess if anyone will reply I should at least say a little about myself... I'm a cat lover, a gamer (of all types, except larping that's a bit extreme for me), I like anime and graphic novels, pretty much an all around geek. I'm 27 and happily married so this is purely to find friends. I love food and good liquor (of course not when my Uber app is on :D). I've had an etsy store where I sold crafts I've made. And would love to find someone that could help me figure out the sowing machine my mom sent me. Lately I've been excited about a new coloring book I got. So if all this sounds good respond and say hi.

Maybe if enough people want to we could have an Uber driver (orange county) meet up.

Anyway thanks for reading my lonely rant.

2. 20yearsdriving

20yearsdriving

Driving:
    Livery
    Just avoid to meet at West Covina stater brothers

Danielson_ likes this.
  3. Jasmine Santana-Wees

Jasmine Santana-Wees

Driving:
    UberPLUS
    ok... mind if I ask why?

4. 20yearsdriving

20yearsdriving

Driving:
    Livery
  5. Optimus Uber

Optimus Uber

Driving:
    UberLUX
    Depends on what you look like? Post a pic.

You did say it's a personal ad.

We have so much in common. I like liquor too. The app being on or off is irrelevant

Almost forgot, hi

LAuberX and CaptainJackLA like this.
  6. LMAO

UberRidiculous and Optimus Uber like this.
  7. Trapper9

Trapper9

Driving:
    UberX
  8. O boy....
    Another new driver... just what we all need. ...

9. Welcome to the forum. Best place to meet other drivers would be Optimus UberOptimus Uber's annual Labor Day BBQ, if you can't make that, (usually causes big surge). Then I would suggest one of the monthly cocktail parties hosted by 20yearsdriving20yearsdriving, but there are cab/livery drivers there, that tend to pick on on uber drivers after they had a few, and the dress is a little more formal.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    headtheball, RacerX, Swatch and 3 others like this.
  10. 20yearsdriving

20yearsdriving

Driving:
    Livery
    Not to mention they always end in a brawl

headtheball and Scenicruiser like this.
  11. DocT

DocT Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I like cats (had 2 that passed on), anime, and married as well. Also like single malts.

Daughter wants a kitten and continuously reminds me about it.

What's up?

12. Hi I'm your uber driver parked outside on UP LA&CO. Thank you for being ready when I pulled up and tipping because I was awesome. We can be BFF again next time you request a ride.:D

13. Unfortunately Uber drivers are a grumpy... sarcastic bunch... lol

I would rather suggest doing meet up who enjoy the same hobbies that you enjoy. My sister loves anime and she found a forum and group she hangs out once a month. I go on forums for interest i have like motorcycles and cars. We tend to hang out once in awhile.

Also it's kind of weird, but when you pick up normal people and tell them you are from another state... They tend to ask to hang out. Met some french dude that was interning from France... watched a galaxy game together... fun stuff.. A group of girls another night wanted me to hang with them at some bars I dropped them off at.

I moved from PA to CA and haven't looked back. It's nice not being the only asian dude in a 100 mile radius. lol

14. I was giving her a very helpful hint on how to make friends with a Uber driver sorry if it came across sarcastic. On a side note if I was her husband I wouldn't want her hanging out with other guys in general not even one that has been neutered.

15. Geleada,

I wasn't directing my comment directly to you. Just letting her know in general.

The majority of the replies above pretty much affirms my statement which isn't a bad thing. That's just how we roll.

16. I'm a member of a women's friendship organization that's been around since the 1930's, and we have more than 400,000 members across the United States. PM me if you want information on attending a social! We have a lot of fun going to places in Orange County/Los Angeles, and the age range in my group is 24-60.

GeladaMate likes this.
  17. Cool as long as I'm not labeled Grumpy. I'm Happy and Snow White loves me the most. We had a moment and all the other dwarves are haters. Especially that ****er Grumpy. He ain't got no swag.:cool:

headtheball likes this.