• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

This job changes people. But is Samoir forgiven?

Is Samoir forgiven?

• He is forgiven

Votes: 72 66.7%
  • He is not forgiven

Votes: 36 33.3%

• Total voters

Ana C.

Oh I don't now about that AnaC, I don't feel much of any part of this is out of my control. If things aren't working out on one strategy I just switch things up to another.
This is based on the previous exemple I gave. I'm not sure if this happens there... Credit card fraud. When this happens here, they don't pay the drivers. And, this is the control part, how would you know they are cheating you??

What about where you work, when you work, which trips you accept and which ones you cancel?
unfortunately I "can not" reject trips... unless, of course, they're clearly not profitable...

1.5xorbust

This is based on the previous exemple I gave. I'm not sure if this happens there... Credit card fraud. When this happens here, they don't pay the drivers. And, this is the control part, how would you know they are cheating you??

unfortunately I "can not" reject trips... unless, of course, they're clearly not profitable...
It sounds like you operate under a different set of rules and perhaps a different app.

Ana C.

I never have to worry about credit card fraud of pax and I don’t worry about not accepting any trip or canceling any trip.
I have never had problems with that.. it happens just with huge trips...
and I accept most part of trips because there's not much offer.. last Sunday I didn't had one single request for 3 hours

1.5xorbust

I have never had problems with that.. it happens just with huge trips...
and I accept most part of trips because there's not much offer.. last Sunday I didn't had one single request for 3 hours
It sounds like you don’t have much demand there.

1.5xorbust

Well, we do. But we also have too many drivers. Uber practically don't control that
Every city seems to have too many drivers. Here it seems to be getting better with more thorough background checks and the realization that drivers make a lot less money than previously thought. Are you full time or part time?

Ana C.

Every city seems to have too many drivers. Here it seems to be getting better with more thorough background checks and the realization that drivers make a lot less money than previously thought. Are you full time or part time?
Part time :biggrin:

1.5xorbust

Good. This would be a very difficult full time gig. Hopefully you work hours and locations that are very productive for you. I think I get a little more productive every day and I also work part time. This site should help you over the long run once you cut through all the bs.

Last edited:

Ana C.

Good. This would be a very difficult full time gig. Hopefully you work hours and locations that are very productive for you. I think I get a little more productive every day and I also work part time. This site should help you over the long run.
True, it's hard to do this as a full time job.
And yes, I learned a lot in this site. It would be good if I had one like this in my area. Wish you all luck

Just Another Uber Drive

Agreed. But if the job brings out the worst in someone and their values change, maybe it means that it has become the right job for them.
Heard a tale a long time ago about an artist who was painting stories from the Gospels. He found a beautiful, saintly looking young man who he felt would be perfect as a model for Jesus and he hired him for the job. Years later when he was looking for a model for Judas he encountered a man who possessed the characteristics he felt best represented those of Judas. Turns out it was the same guy who he used as a model for Jesus years earlier. The man had had a rough life due to questionable moral decisions and it was reflected in his once beautiful face.

Ana C.

Heard a tale a long time ago about an artist who was painting stories from the Gospels. He found a beautiful, saintly looking young man who he felt would be perfect as a model for Jesus and he hired him for the job. Years later when he was looking for a model for Judas he encountered a man who possessed the characteristics he felt best represented those of Judas. Turns out it was the same guy who he used as a model for Jesus years earlier. The man had had a rough life due to questionable moral decisions and it was reflected in his once beautiful face.
And don't you think we have both inside us, and they're just waiting for the right opportunity to show themselves?