• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

This is why it is not a wise idea to accept cash or use Square Reader

Ozzyoz

It is too risky to ask for Cash or Uber outside of app. Some crazy Uber driver dude did this the other night for a distance that without surge is normally $7, and yet he asked for $32 from a dude but the dude didn't pay him later. Big mistake if your gonna drive people outside the app--at least make sure you get your money first up front! The Uber driver dude who did this outside the Uber app got pissed and grabbed the guys hat and hit him in head then ran like a sissy to his Van. The 2 dudes requested me and were in my car when all of this was unfolding. The stupid audio on my phone went out for some reason, I use my phone as a front facing dash cam which I set on dashboard, and I thought the audio was recording all this time, but I gotta go back to the secret video app I use and tweak things to ensure Audio can be heard.

The Youtube video has more description on exactly what happened! The dude in the video who has the Yellow shirt on is the one who didn't pay the guy, the other dude sitting in the back was just with him and ended up requesting me as a driver after I dropped off some ladies near where I picked them up from. Turns out they got out of the car from a previous driver who asked them to pay him $32 in cash. After the incident the dude in the Yellow just got out of my car to stay with some "@@@@@es" as he called them, so I drove the other dude to a long distance and made $60 to finish off the night. The pissed Uber driver who ended up getting zero cash is standing next to the window that is next to dude in Yellow! After pissed Uber driver grabs his hat and hits him in the head--he runs scared to his van and dude in Yellow gets out and appears to be pulling out a knife or something from his pocket and then he runs after the Uber driver. 2:57 mark is when I believe the part the Uber driver grabs his hat and hits him begins! This is almost LiveLeak material here! All the time I was trying to de-escalate the matter and even considered taking off by hitting the gas to the medal since Uber driver just would not move away from my car, but I was at a stop sign and cars were coming from my left very fast and frequently. The dude in the Yellow also nearly got hit by cars as he was going after Uber driver, and on the way back to my car!

Last edited:

Kodyhead

It is too risky to ask for Cash or Uber outside of app. Some crazy Uber driver dude did this the other night for a distance that without surge is normally $7, and yet he asked for $32 from a dude but the dude didn't pay him later. Big mistake if your gonna drive people outside the app--at least make sure you get your money first up front! The Uber driver dude who did this outside the Uber app got pissed and grabbed the guys hat and hit him in head then ran like a sissy to his Van. The 2 dudes requested me and were in my car when all of this was unfolding. The stupid audio on my phone went out for some reason, I use my phone as a front facing dash cam which I set on dashboard, and I thought the audio was recording all this time, but I gotta go back to the secret video app I use and tweak things to ensure Audio can be heard.

The Youtube video has more description on exactly what happened! The dude in the video who has the Yellow shirt on is the one who didn't pay the guy, the other dude sitting in the back was just with him and ended up requesting me as a driver after I dropped off some ladies near where I picked them up from. Turns out they got out of the car from a previous driver who asked them to pay him $32 in cash. After the incident the dude in the Yellow just got out of my car to stay with some "*****es" as he called me, so I drove the other dude to a long distance and made $60 to finish off the night. The pissed Uber driver who ended up getting zero cash is standing next to the window that is next to dude in Yellow! After pissed Uber driver grabs his hat and hits him in the head--he runs scared to his van and dude in Yellow gets out and appears to be pulling out a knife or something from his pocket and then he runs after the Uber driver. 2:57 mark is when I believe the part the Uber driver grabs his hat and hits him begins! This is almost LiveLeak material here! All the time I was trying to de-escalate the matter and even considered taking off by hitting the gas to the medal since Uber driver just would not move away from my car, but I was at a stop sign and cars were coming from my left very fast and frequently. The dude in the Yellow also nearly got hit by cars as he was going after Uber driver, and on the way back to my car!

[media]
Do you have video recording constantly or start it and end it after every trip?

Thanks for sharing

Ozzyoz

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do you have video recording constantly or start it and end it after every trip?

Thanks for sharing
Yes I record all my trips. This one had cam facing away initially at start. I got a year of vids. Ladies puking and urinating in my car are just a few of them.

steveK2016

Driver should be arrested if he assault the man. If the driver doesnt have commercial insurance or a livery license, he has no legal basis to charge a fare outside of Uber.

Ive gotten a many tips with my square reader, I wouls never do a trip off app as I did not carry commercial insurance.

Ozzyoz

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Driver should be arrested if he assault the man. If the driver doesnt have commercial insurance or a livery license, he has no legal basis to charge a fare outside of Uber.

Ive gotten a many tips with my square reader, I wouls never do a trip off app as I did not carry commercial insurance.
According to city, the driver is eligible to have his car towed and pay $2500 for running an unlicensed Taxi service!