This is what happens

Ivan809

When ghetto hood rats are forced to pay surge and there's traffic during rush hour in Jersey City. This woman falsely reported me multiple times to Uber. Screenshot_20170918-185142.png Screenshot_20170918-185723.png Screenshot_20170918-185727.png

Ardery

When ghetto hood rats are forced to pay surge and there's traffic during rush hour in Jersey City. This woman falsely reported me multiple times to Uber. View attachment 159438 View attachment 159436 View attachment 159435
your explanation and defense was probably not even read. the emails you received were probably automated responses.

dash cam footage would only need to be proven if you went to the hub and an agent there actually looked at it.

smart for even having a dash cam, by the way.

I need to stop procrastinating and get one myself.

eronb

This happend to me a few weeks ago a rider claimed I got in a fight with them. Uber called me on the phone the next day I had to tell them it was a lie they would not tell me who the rider was. They just told me the time period when this claim happened they would not accept dashcam video because they dont give the rider info.

Last edited:

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

More good reasons to not pick up in the hood. You really need to be aggressive with Uber and let them know that passengers who disparage you will be sued for defamation and loss of earnings.

reg barclay

This happend to me a few weeks ago a rider claimed I got in a fight with them. Uber called me on the phone the next day I had to tell them it was a lie they would not tell me who the rider was. They just told me the time period when this claim happened they would not accept dashcam video because they dont give the rider info.
I'm getting the impression that Uber knows a lot of pax make frivolous accusations and takes them with a grain of salt unless there is a pattern of a driver repeatedly getting accused of the same thing. I'm guessing that in most such cases Uber isn't interested in dash cam footage because they have no intention of deactivating the drivers account anyway and are fulfilling some obligation to make the driver aware of the accusation. It could be that in cases of more serious accusations dash cam footage would come into play with Uber. In any case I think it's still good to be able to say that you have footage if necessary. A dash cam can also act as a deterrent against false accusations to begin with if pax know that a driver has one. Aside from all that, dash cam footage would probably help in a court of law.

jerseycrooner

When ghetto hood rats are forced to pay surge and there's traffic during rush hour in Jersey City. This woman falsely reported me multiple times to Uber. View attachment 159438 View attachment 159436 View attachment 159435
My experience is that many (not all) but a high percentage of hood riders misuse the ratings/complaint system. Many other drivers have confirmed this too. This case being no exception. I've also noticed it's gotten worse since the Uber app. asks the rider if they want to tip at the end if the ride. If you want to protect yourself from bad ratings and false complaints just avoid hood rides. Many on this board will corroborate this phenomena while a few will accuse you of outright hideous bigotry yourself. The ones accusing us of bigotry are highly suspect in my opinion!

Last edited:

pvtandrewmalone

I corroborate it. Most hood rats are horrible, especially women and especially on Lyft. Nice to your face, then comes the 1 star and all 4 flags. Thankfully, unlike Uber, Lyft will delete those ratings on request if you offer a good rebuttal.

Lightning1181

Yes I have one. In my response to Uber I said I have dashcam footage to prove its all fake. They told me it isn't necessary because they aren't taking any further action.
Just the simple mention of camera footage sends the goobers into a tailspin. There have been posters on this forum that may have claimed to have video but did not, and always called Goober's bluff. Not having a dash cam is irresponsible, IMHO, but there are still drivers who are unwilling to go that extra $100-150 to give them a modicum of protection.

Lightning1181

You can get a dash cam for $39 plus another $50 for the chip. NO reason no to have one. It pays for itself in a year.
I have found 32gb chips on Amazon for around $15, and once I found a 64gb chip for $17. My camera (Black Box version of the Falcon F-360 and runs approximately $100 on Amazon) only takes the 32 flavor chip, but I keep 4 in my car always at the ready. At the highest video rate I can get a solid 8 hours per 32gb, the only time I would change a card mid-shift would be if something happened to catch my attention and I wanted to be 100% sure I documented it.

ibeam23

I have found 32gb chips on Amazon for around $15, and once I found a 64gb chip for $17. My camera (Black Box version of the Falcon F-360 and runs approximately $100 on Amazon) only takes the 32 flavor chip, but I keep 4 in my car always at the ready. At the highest video rate I can get a solid 8 hours per 32gb, the only time I would change a card mid-shift would be if something happened to catch my attention and I wanted to be 100% sure I documented it.
I run a Falcon F360 with a 32 in it and I always carry an extra. I couldn't imagine driving without it running.