• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

This is the worst app screw-up I have seen

AllGold

I got a pickup request at a Taco Bell in the city. It was a little farther than I normally accept so I scrutinized it almost until it expired. But it was toward my home area which I wanted to head to anyway so I took it. As I said, I looked at it for a long time before I took it and I was familiar with the location and knew exactly where it was.

As soon as I accepted, the pickup location changed to a town 41 miles away and the time to pickup also went up to about 40 minutes. At first I thought it was just a glitch in the handoff from Lyft to Google Maps. So I closed Google Maps and reloaded it a couple times but it still came up with the pickup 41 miles away. I also noticed Lyft itself wanted me to go 41 miles.

I called the pax and she was at the local Taco Bell (not the one 40+ miles away) so I went ahead with the trip. On the way I noticed that the Lyft app showed a route and estimated time to the far-away town but at the same time the pin for the rider was at the local spot where it was supposed to be. WTF, Lyft?

SRGuy

I got a pickup request at a Taco Bell in the city. It was a little farther than I normally accept so I scrutinized it almost until it expired. But it was toward my home area which I wanted to head to anyway so I took it. As I said, I looked at it for a long time before I took it and I was familiar with the location and knew exactly where it was.

As soon as I accepted, the pickup location changed to a town 41 miles away and the time to pickup also went up to about 40 minutes. At first I thought it was just a glitch in the handoff from Lyft to Google Maps. So I closed Google Maps and reloaded it a couple times but it still came up with the pickup 41 miles away. I also noticed Lyft itself wanted me to go 41 miles.

I called the pax and she was at the local Taco Bell (not the one 40+ miles away) so I went ahead with the trip. On the way I noticed that the Lyft app showed a route and estimated time to the far-away town but at the same time the pin for the rider was at the local spot where it was supposed to be. WTF, Lyft?
Did you pickup the pax?

kingcorey321

sounds like the pax put in the incorrect address. kinda the same situation here. i followed the gps the eta was correct. i know i did not have the correct address there were 4 cars in the driveway. i try to call no answer. i wait the 5 minutes she finally answered. YELLING AT ME. i am so and so what do you mean your not HERE! straight up bi..tching. i zoomed out on the map the ping was way off. i said ( bit,ch next time put in the correct address) i got a 5 no show. yell at your driver get your ass booted out even on the side of the freeway. i dont give a f.

AllGold

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
To clarify, the request came in as a 9 minute eta and the map on the request showed the location I'm familiar with. It was only after I accepted that it changed to 40 minutes and tried to route me to another town entirely (while keeping the pin in the correct, nearby location). As I said, I don't often do 9 minute eta pickups; that is why I looked at it for so long before accepting.

I should have taken screen shots but I didn't.

Jufkii

I got a request once for a Barnes and Noble location pickup. After I accepted it showed a pickup in Chicago over 200 miles away. Cancelled of course. I've read on here in the past about drivers getting pickup locations in countries across the ocean.

SRGuy

Never had a pickup across the ocean but had a dropoff in Australia. Pax didn't want to finance uber's upcoming IPO and cancelled. Would have been a long ride.

MarkR

To clarify, the request came in as a 9 minute eta and the map on the request showed the location I'm familiar with. It was only after I accepted that it changed to 40 minutes and tried to route me to another town entirely (while keeping the pin in the correct, nearby location). As I said, I don't often do 9 minute eta pickups; that is why I looked at it for so long before accepting.

I should have taken screen shots but I didn't.
I never do more than 5 min. ETA

kingcorey321

I never do more than 5 min. ETA
ill do them longer then 5. at the airport or for airport rides. i know they will average me 30 minutes average its worth it. in town heck no there just going to be some drunk trying to get home or go to another strip club looking at bottom of the barrow girls .