1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

This is the Upfront Fare

Discussion in 'Sydney' started by Stone_zou, Aug 12, 2018 at 7:43 PM.

1. Stone_zou

Stone_zou Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I was lucky with 2 long trips this moring, however the second trip is 13km more than first one, the fare even less.

What's wrong here, the answer I've got from uber is due to the Upfront Fare.

O~~~, the first time I notice there is a so severe impact on the fare when consider the Upfront Fare. Next time when you get significant less than usual, don't bother to contact Uber, just keep going on. What a waste of the time,because the answer is so easy: Upfront Fare.

And uber's reply says sometimes the Upfront Fare is high than usual, hope I can get the higher one in the future. :)

IMG_20180813_122107.jpg IMG_20180813_121810.jpg

2. soontobeautomated

soontobeautomated Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Disgusting.

I'm noticing that on longer trips FUber up front fare rip off is nearly always the same as the price of the tolls.

I would keep escalating. Even if not successful. It's worth a shot.

Sammy3068 and amatoradam like this.
  3. Iuber

Iuber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Stop whinging, stop taking Uber trips. Drive for Ola, you won't have enough trips atm with Ola but that will change as riders will switch.

Drive less, earn more and faster with Ola i.e lower running costs. Make the change now or you are forever a slave for Uber, it's your choice.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018 at 8:50 PM
    Stone_zou and ST DYMPHNA son like this.
  4. DA08

DA08 Well-Known Member

Lol

5. syd1429

syd1429 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes I agree with u, I always keep open ola only unless if really quiet
    I prefer Ola on Uber, ola pays better even a short trip u make a good money

6. JCS26

JCS26 Well-Known Member

I got almost 30$ fare for a 3 km ride care of upfront fare :) that's why it doesn't bother me at all

7. sharkie 2016

sharkie 2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    no disrespect but the second trip i think you could of taken a better route

this comment comes from the person who says they make $2000 plus for a leisurely 40 hours a week

Stone_zou likes this.
  8. ST DYMPHNA son

ST DYMPHNA son Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    ...as it come for better route,often pax ask for going the way pax direct the driver...once I got fare readjusted as I told uber that pax demanded and I have recording of it...another case for having inside camera in the car...

U8er likes this.
  9. Sydney Uber

Sydney Uber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    Ok, show us the screen shot.

ST DYMPHNA son likes this.
  10. JCS26

JCS26 Well-Known Member

Happy???

Have asked uber to review this fare but they said this is upfront fare

9B9A9281-D45D-4236-BE88-AADD8D4954D6.png

Like this almost similar, only 37km but 79$

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018 at 4:35 AM
  11. UberSyd

UberSyd Well-Known Member

Wheres the one Sydney UberSydney Uber asked for lol ?

12. Sydney Uber

Sydney Uber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    Okay, I’m not sure if you need to edit your earlier post where you said:

I got almost 30$ fare for a 3 km ride care of upfront fare :) that's why it doesn't bother me at all”

So that’s an impressive claim of “almost” $10.00 per/KM after Uber fees.

Your screen shot above shows a 37.5km trip for $79.00 in 1hr. Good return for utilised time, but no where near the original KM return claim.

To be fair to you, I’m sure you know that you are closer to Mars than you are to Pluto, be happy about that :rolleyes:

13. JCS26

JCS26 Well-Known Member

Its was an old ride of course you cant remember the exact figures turns out it was 37$ for a 3km ride

The point is upfront fares can work in your advantage if you are smart enough

14. UberSyd

UberSyd Well-Known Member

Its ok mate... very hard to find these things :D. Sydney UberSydney Uber don't worry brother he can borrow mine in the meantime its even better than his anyway (I am clearly smart enough to get uber to f**k up the estimate... just a simple hack into their server). Please see below :p:

ufaregreat.jpg

15. Sammy3068

Sammy3068 Active Member

more-upfucked-pricing.jpg

This is the upfront pricing in USA. Australia is next ?

Good jackpots!

16. Stone_zou

Stone_zou Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Thanks, you remind me to use Uber Map other than Google. Need some time to get used to the Uber one.

The rider won't be happy with the simple answer: Upfront Fare.

When know the reason, I think you are right. For some exprienced drivers, they can get advantage of this Upfront fare by choosing the efficient route.

17. Stone_zou

Stone_zou Member

Driving:
    UberX
    With the same logic, it's better to go to the International Airport via Domestic when come from ED.

18. JCS26

JCS26 Well-Known Member

This is domestic

Eastern Creek to Domestic Via ED? you mean go to M7 , M2 then ED :confused::confused::confused:?? I agree without the Upfront fare or if I am a cabbie

19. Stone_zou

Stone_zou Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I mean when have passengers from ED (i.e. North Sydney or Manly) to the International Airport should choose the shotest way via Domestic other than highway. The same logic here is always choose the shortest route other than fastest. :)

20. westieuber

westieuber Well-Known Member

I had a rider looking at his own map and trying to tell me the fastest route blah blah blah. I was like you’re in the wrong transport if you wanna dictate the route cause with upfront fare I dictate the route.

That was probably a 1* trip but it probably didn’t go through as what can he say, the driver didn’t go the fastest route.

Send a box of Uber tissues.

DA08 likes this.