This is the first independent contractor that I have where I cannot set the price

Bartolovski

If we are independent contractors, how come we cannot set the price of the ride?
Enough with this IC bs. Being an IC does not mean that you can set your own price. Who told you that? All cab drivers are independent contractors. Where did you see a cabbie set his own price for a fare??

Setting your own price depends on laws, regulations and the industry you're in, the terms you agree to. You are using Uber, a rideshare service and you're bound to their tos. You cannot adjust jackshit when you're working with them. You can only accept or refuse a job.

You find your own customer by yourself, then you can set whatever the hell you want as a price. When you work with a third party to give YOU business, they tell you what to do, not the other way around.

Last edited:

tohunt4me

Enough with this IC bs. Being an IC does not mean that you can set your own price. Who told you that? All cab drivers are independent contractors. Where did you see a cabbie set his own price for a fare??

Setting your own price depends on laws, regulations and the industry you're in, the terms you agree to. You are using Uber, a rideshare service and you're bound to their tos. You cannot adjust jackshit when you're working with them. You can only accept or refuse a job.

You find your own customer by yourself, then you can set whatever the hell you want as a price. When you work with a third party to give YOU business, they tell you what to do, not the other way around.
We pay them to be middle man
They are broker. They designed an app.we need a better broker.
If you bought stock off the internet,and you paid the middle man 25% ,then found out he lied to you constantly,lied about price,lied about condition of stock,told you which stocks you could buy,WOULD IT STILL BE A GOOD DEAL ?
YOU WOULD FIRE THEM.
ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU CAUGHT THEM SKIMMING & STEALING !!!

Bartolovski

We pay them to be middle man
They are broker. They designed an app.we need a better broker.
If you bought stock off the internet,and you paid the middle man 25% ,then found out he lied to you constantly,lied about price,lied about condition of stock,told you which stocks you could buy,WOULD IT STILL BE A GOOD DEAL ?
YOU WOULD FIRE THEM.
ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU CAUGHT THEM SKIMMING & STEALING !!!
This has nothing to do with being an IC and it's pointless. You're using their service and operating licenses, insurance to get customers and if you don't like the way they operate, you're free to stop working with them.

tohunt4me

This has nothing to do with being an IC and it's pointless. You're using their service and operating licenses, insurance to get customers and if you don't like the way they operate, you're free to stop working with them.
In many states,Uber drivers have to get their own licenses,their own insurance.

tohunt4me

If Uber can circumvent the laws established for TAXI,I should be able to also ! Uber has established legal precedent for me to do so. Anything they can do,I can do also ! We need a TRUE TECH
COMPANY.ONE THAT DOES WHAT WE PAY THEM TO. NOT ONE THAT PLAYS WITH ROBOT CARS ,& PLANS T0 DO AWAY WITH US AFTER THEY USE US TO DESTROY TAXIS.

Bartolovski

If Uber can circumvent the laws established for TAXI,I should be able to also ! Uber has established legal precedent for me to do so. Anything they can do,I can do also !
Then go ahead and do it. Nobody is holding you. But if you want their business, you have to go with their rules. There's a reason why they make you agree that TOS and it's not for sports.

uberist

If they want us to care about these badges they should put a cash value on each one that you get and pay it as a monthly bonus

Too Many Miles

I'm talking about the CUSTOMER insurance. You cannot move your pinky without that insurance.
That is what he means. In NY the whole TNC bs is not accepted, so all Uber X cars have limo plates, commercial insurance and all the other requirements to transport people for compensation, just like Uber black and Uber doesn't charge a booking fee.