This is how you fight and hurt Uber.

eman1122

Cool. All we have to do now is wait for the legislators to require regulations that Lyft and Uber will not abide by. Then Uber and Lyft can pout and throw a tantrum and head out of town for other rideshare companies to take over.

I won't hold my breath though.

Too Many Miles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Booking fee is $1.50 against $
Cool. All we have to do now is wait for the legislators to require regulations that Lyft and Uber will not abide by. Then Uber and Lyft can pout and throw a tantrum and head out of town for other rideshare companies to take over.

I won't hold my breath though.
I would. There is always someone willing to do things like this. I am sure they would share the software and help other cities or expand as a bigger organization which can help to reduce costs. Also it could be a good source for some non driving jobs.

eman1122

Don't get me wrong. I would love to see another rideshare company come in and turn the California market upside down. But Uber has done a great job in making sure the client's (pax) will always go with the better value (cheaper options), that drivers be conditioned that they take any and all requests in order to make money, that they oversaturate the market with cars so that the pax grow accustomed to having a ride readily close and available and convincing legislation that the need for even the slightest regulation would be unnecessary and financially burdensome. The latter is probably the biggest obstacle.

Too Many Miles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't get me wrong. I would love to see another rideshare company come in and turn the California market upside down. But Uber has done a great job in making sure the client's (pax) will always go with the better value (cheaper options), that drivers be conditioned that they take any and all requests in order to make money, that they oversaturate the market with cars so that the pax grow accustomed to having a ride readily close and available and convincing legislation that the need for even the slightest regulation would be unnecessary and financially burdensome. The latter is probably the biggest obstacle.
I agree to a point, but the fact that drivers would sign up for other companies puts a lot of pressure on Uber. Any time a driver accepts a ride with another company, that driver is no longer available for Uber for the duration of the ride.
Also drivers will help promote the service that works better for them, it happens with Lyft.
Uber's worst enemy is itself.