This is dumb

So yesterday i had 2 rides and the only way to identify the rider was by the destination.
1st riders name was. A
Wtf kinda stuff is this if he wasnt at the airport theres no way im picking you up. If i got robbed i tell the po his name is A? Uber smh
2nd was an email address. Im like wtf is going on i guess when people sign up they dont read the directions correctly

Attachments

• 20170918_001037.jpg
    20170918_001037.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 79

sd1303

So yesterday i had 2 rides and the only way to identify the rider was by the destination.
1st riders name was. A
Wtf kinda stuff is this if he wasnt at the airport theres no way im picking you up. If i got robbed i tell the po his name is A? Uber smh
2nd was an email address. Im like wtf is going on i guess when people sign up they dont read the directions correctly

You'll get those from time to time. Agree that it doesn't jive with all the BS that Uber spouts about safety. I think the majority of folks do it because they are lazy or do not want the drivers to know their name.

mrDEE630

I just had one the other day that came up as "dimplz" needless to say, I cancelled!

Attachments

• IMG_2905.PNG
    IMG_2905.PNG
    40.4 KB · Views: 48

Harleyfxdx1

I just had one the other day that came up as "dimplz" needless to say, I cancelled!

A Lyft customer ... not surprised. I have found that the Lyft rider (premier / plus) just don't seem to measure up to the same quality as an Uber rider (Select/XL). It's a judgement I have made based on over 1,400 rides.

DopeyDaDriver

With all the Equifax and other crap on the internet that can leave you vulnerable it's no wonder that people aren't using their real info. I say "oh, hey ABC? I'm ****" As much as it doesn't make sense I'm more worried that they are the right passenger... I know that I'm safe and will get them where it says.... I do ask ABC "where we heading again, gps is taking its time". I've yet to get the wrong answer.

Uberzoom

When you pick a passenger with an email address name what do you call them yahoo.com, gmail.com?

Lol....last time I got a ping from M, I immediately canceled. Am like is this even a person. But the second ping I tapped was G. Am like f..k it, I can't cancel two X in a row. It was a millennial with her Bf. So apparently Uber doesn't give a hoot about how pax call themselves as long as they show the money. Us drivers in contrary have to show "patte blanche" and make sure our legal name is displayed to pax. Double standards at its best.

pjrxj

Lol....last time I got a ping from M, I immediately canceled. Am like is this even a person. But the second ping I tapped was G. Am like f..k it, I can't cancel two X in a row. It was a millennial with her Bf. So apparently Uber doesn't give a hoot about how pax call themselves as long as they show the money. Us drivers in contrary have to show "patte blanche" and make sure our legal name is displayed to pax. Double standards at its best.
You can have Uber change your displayed name as a nickname.