This is an offer only a fool would decline

jgiun1

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why do you reject so many trips? Just curious. And I've talked with a few drivers in my market with thousands of trips and low cancelations. They're doing just fine and appreciate Pro.
Lol....don't listen to everything you here from "couple other drivers".

It's always been better for earnings, tips, ratings to be very selective.

ZenUber

For me it’s not so much about the money. I’m just trying to maintain my sanity and dignity. And I’m gradually learning how to make the same amount of money while still being selective. But Money never comes first on my list.

Benjamin M

For me it’s not so much about the money. I’m just trying to maintain my sanity and dignity. And I’m gradually learning how to make the same amount of money while still being selective. But Money never comes first on my list.
Like I said, to each their own. This gig is easy to me (after basically doing the same thing with higher stakes) and I am not too picky. You might disagree with how I operate and that's OK. Every individual and their market is unique.

Hey, if they offer me more handouts, I'm just fine with that.

ZenUber

Like I said, to each their own. This gig is easy to me (after basically doing the same thing with higher stakes) and I am not too picky. You might disagree with how I operate and that's OK. Every individual and their market is unique.

I think you’re right. There are so many variations in the different markets, and people driving at different times of the day, and that explains all the different experiences that people are arguing over here.

jgiun1

This really isn't a handout......I'd pay Uber ten dollars to get rid of the crap brown thingy off the bottom on my home screen for Uber.
This
4ABE9CE5-D9F3-45D7-8368-081D30903AE3.png

Benjamin M

I find it amusing that I've read complaints here about Uber not doing enough for drivers. Then they roll out something that many actually appreciate and then people complain about it. ?

I think the fact that they're actually offering online classes as part of the deal is huge. I have spoken with some retired or middle age low to middle class drivers who are thrilled by that, either to move themselves or a loved one forward.

And if they are able to learn another skill set, less competition. Seems like a win win to me.

jgiun1

This is not a hand out....more like an insult
I find it amusing that I've read complaints here about Uber not doing enough for drivers. Then they roll out something that many actually appreciate and then people complain about it. ?

I think the fact that they're actually offering online classes as part of the deal is huge. I have spoken with some retired or middle age low to middle class drivers who are thrilled by that, either to move themselves or a loved one forward.

And if they are able to learn another skill set, less competition. Seems like a win win to me.

Yea dude....read the forums.....they give it and take it away same year....lol

Benjamin M

Yea dude....read the forums.....they give it and take it away same year....lol
What's that, the benefits?

Hey, whether we like it or not, we're all under the same agreement. Uber and Lyft want us to accept the majority of requests and transport their customers.

If your market sucks (such as having pool) and cancel / reject a lot, you're not going to be an ideal driver in their eyes and therefor will not be rewarded. That's the game.

However, if you work in a market that really isn't that bad and accept nearly every trip that comes your way, you should be rewarded for the small percentage of bad pax and bad fares. I'll gladly accept whatever is given to me.

Don't like the game? Uninstall. It's so painfully simple. And I'm not trying to be an ass, it's just my opinion. And we all know what they say about opinions. ?

Benjamin M

Thinking back to my years of Advanced Life Support medical transportation.

24 hour shift. Sleep wasn't a priority. We were told to pick up at point A and drop off at point B. Could be some total BS trip (I drove those) or someone on a ventilator and multiple IV drips clinging to life.

"Decline" wasn't an option, although I tried a few times and was threatened with termination.

The similarities are strong. I think I accept just about every ping because of that experience. Not saying that's a good thing, but it's how I operate. The key difference is that I set my own hours and can kick someone out if they are an issue.

jgiun1

Thinking back to my years of Advanced Life Support medical transportation.

24 hour shift. Sleep wasn't a priority. We were told to pick up at point A and drop off at point B. Could be some total BS trip (I drove those) or someone on a ventilator and multiple IV drips clinging to life.

"Decline" wasn't an option, although I tried a few times and was threatened with termination.

The similarities are strong. I think I accept just about every ping because of that experience. Not saying that's a good thing, but it's how I operate. The key difference is that I set my own hours and can kick someone out if they are an issue.
Ben before Uber lowered money to driver's pay I was making $19.90 on a average trip no traffic from airport to town. Now it's only $19 sometimes $18.95....so that's per ride and longer the trip the more they take.....I hardly agree that .33 cents a trip for 30 trips is going to make a difference with a ten dollar bill incentive that they made almost $30 robbing rates and charging passengers the same.
Post automatically merged:

What's that, the benefits?

Hey, whether we like it or not, we're all under the same agreement. Uber and Lyft want us to accept the majority of requests and transport their customers.

If your market sucks (such as having pool) and cancel / reject a lot, you're not going to be an ideal driver in their eyes and therefor will not be rewarded. That's the game.

However, if you work in a market that really isn't that bad and accept nearly every trip that comes your way, you should be rewarded for the small percentage of bad pax and bad fares. I'll gladly accept whatever is given to me.

Don't like the game? Uninstall. It's so painfully simple. And I'm not trying to be an ass, it's just my opinion. And we all know what they say about opinions. ?

Dude....we are one of the most healthiest markets in the USA....it used to be for driver's....still the same healthy market with pax paying triple rates every weekend and we get pennies with another money grab, flat surge.

Benjamin M

Ben before Uber lowered money to driver's pay I was making $19.90 on a average trip no traffic from airport to town. Now it's only $19 sometimes $18.95....so that's per ride and longer the trip the more they take.....I hardly agree that .33 cents a trip for 30 trips is going to make a difference with a ten dollar bill incentive that they made almost $30 robbing rates and charging passengers the same.
Hey man, I get it. Honestly.

I'll be posting a thread shortly on my experience. I just kinda fell into this gig, if you had said I'd be driving Uber / Lyft full time a year ago I'd ask what you're smoking.

It is what it is. I was paid very well as a medic but the company I worked for during my entire career (911 and transport) was very much like Uber and Lyft. We were making the owners wealthy at our expense. Even had to buy our own uniforms.

Again, that life experience has shaped how I approach this whole thing. Every driver and their market is different and unique.

911 Guy

I appreciate the discussion and civility and am hesitant to interject, but will. Apologies in advance. No "incentive" program is created to benefit anyone more than the company offering it. Uber Pro, Sky Miles, Buy 10 get one free, etc.... all are designed to benefit the company offering it.