1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

This is a joke....

Discussion in 'San Diego' started by GetRealHAHA, Aug 12, 2016.

1. This is a joke. Driving for Uber you are literally a god damn slave. I'm pissed that I leased the car to figure this out, but I'm happy I didn't buy it and stuck with payments for the next 3 years.

This "job" is so obviously for those in a desperate situation where they see the "dream" of getting a brand new car (oh boy a new car!!!)! Then are lured into a lease payment where they pay 170 a week and it's like "good luck man! you're gonna need it!"

I'm turning this extended god damn rental car into the dealership as soon as I hit my 30 day mark, and I'm going to proudly drive my beater around without paying a $600+ a month leasing fee.

After only driving for 3 days I really feel sorry for people who have no alternative. This is literally slave labor. I spent 4 hours sitting in a parking lot near the airport, in que, for a 35-56 minute wait, and then waited the solid 4 hours it took for that took actually go down and then it actually got to 0 - 10 and I was like "finally, I mean it's 4 am and I've been waiting for four hours." Then something happened to make me go it went back up!!! LMAO It went back up to something like 17 - 30 minutes!! LMAO It was at this point that I was like "ok, yea, I'm not gonna be sitting here chasing their carrot that they won't let me catch like a moron.

Taking someone to El Cajon for 18.99....seriously??? That's robbery. It took me 30 minutes to get up there....and 30 minutes to get back....so now I work for 19 bucks an hour? oh yea, you can probably take 3 bucks off of that for gas, and wear and tear on the car. Weeee!!! I made 16 bucks in one hour! Now I get to sit here and wait for an unknown amount of time till someone else riotously gives me another ride for 16 bucks an hour.

People, the algorithm doesn't change unless you're in surge. You're making pennies, and of course you will have heads that you pick up at the grocery store with groceries, and then help them take them up stairs so they don't give you a 1 star rating, and then they will say "ok, thank you" as you have just OBVIOUSLY gone above and beyond your obligated service.

Then you will have people where you offer to cut the ride short for taking a wrong turn, but you can't see the end point of the ride or how long it is in total so they will say "yea we are close" and then end up driving another 12 miles to drop their ass off.... kidding me. What a

Surge is BS, they say "it surges because demand is high and we don't have enough supply!!" Ok, that sounds like it might make sense, but then WHY AM I SITTING IN QUE FOR A HOUR!

The only thing that this service is good for is networking and selling home made . I'm going to use it as my own kiosk where I have a captured audience to sell my . You want a discounted ride? Well, just like the cruises you get for free but you gotta sit through a 3 hour presentation, you're gonna listen to my pitch and I'm gonna whip out y credit card swiper and I'm going to hard sell your ass.

Because I honestly don't care about my rating, I'm done with this garbage scam ass company.

Planning on going and looking for serving jobs. I don't need this I got a degree. I just thought it would offer me the flexibility I needed to continue on with my own business. However, it looks like I'll be bringing you queso at the Chili's near you!

Brokedriver, Habieb, Nick3946 and 7 others like this.
  2. Null

Null

Driving:
    UberX
    As someone who's driven with an xchange lease for 11 months (albeit, my lease is $140/wk), in San Diego, and been very successful at it.... the learning curve is steep. There is a lot to consider outside of your immediate earnings and expenses (tax advantages, the fact that you don't pay for depreciation, included maintenance, fuel econ etc.)

You can make it work, but it takes a lot of trial and error.

The 5% extra commission and higher xchange charges I've been hearing about absolutely suck though. For a full time driver that 5% could make an entire lease payment at the end of the month.

Si no vas a tratar mas, que tengas suerte con el queso

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    Habieb, DriverPsycho and tohunt4me like this.
  3. Null

Null

Driving:
    UberX
    Oh yeah and SAN Surge is a crock. It surges seemingly randomly when no planes are landing and the staging lot is full. It's the only area that behaves that way that I know of.

Every other surge you can somewhat identify the cause (or lack).

4. Welcome to Uber !

Got Your Back.

Slavic Riga and ATL2SD like this.
  5. How about taking someone to Balboa Park for $ 4.00 after going through that same wait! What do you call that? The Uber Roulette drivers play @SAN is a disgrace to the transportation industry.

Brokedriver, ATL2SD and tohunt4me like this.
  6. Uber drivers subsidise Uber rates more than investors do !

Although it is against our will.

Habieb, Slavic Riga and DriverX like this.
  7. DriverPsycho

DriverPsycho

Driving:
    UberX
    SAN is a joke n those waiting from 12 to 4 in the morning what are they thinking about? They don't like to sleep? :D I dropped a pax last week at the Humphrey's, immediately put me on queue so I said u know what time to take a cigarette break and contemplate the beautiful sea gulls, 9-19 wait time, took me almost 30 mns to get a pax, it was a poo, I said f**k it, I accepted it, her name was Susan (flight attendant) took her between point loma n OB, made 4 bucks in 1 hr n the b***h gave me a bad rating so did I, we all know the moral of the story

Brokedriver, to vono, DriverX and 2 others like this.
  8. Poolepit

Poolepit

image.gif

Rendog11, tohunt4me, Habieb and 4 others like this.
  9. Poolepit

Poolepit

Love how you come here and say how you feel sorry for people who really need the money or this job. Do you feel sorry for yourself? You are clearly one of these people. Even to the degree that you leased a car from uber to do this job. Also to the point that the fact you aren't making the money you expected right this second, with no real strategy and experience is making you sound like an emotional teenage girl on the boards. Man up. Welcome to the real world.

10. DriverX

DriverX

Driving:
    UberX
    How many planes are landing from 12-4am? Why would anyone go near SAN at that time of night. SAN is a loser it always has been stop going there for rides. What part of town do you live in? If your anywhere near a surge area, leave yourself OFFLINE until it hits 2x surge and then go ONLINE.

Right now you are grinding in the worst way because you don't know what to avoid yet. Your right though the lease was a bad move and anyone doing it has to spend 70 hours online a week to make there payment and still cover their bills.. Also if you have real responsibilities like a mortgage and kids you should NOT be doing this. For your families sake suck up your pride and go work at home depot or somewhere you can get a consistent paycheck.

Uber is highly volatile we have no idea if it will even exist in 9 months.

Brokedriver, tohunt4me and Habieb like this.
  11. Sharkb8

Sharkb8

I pulled in to the SAN Hot Tub today, listened to two Nirvana songs & ditched the place. 10 mins later I got a good Plus ride to coastal No. County & a $10 cash tip. Something has gone seriously wrong with the airport territory since the Terminal 2 closure.

tohunt4me likes this.
  12. DriverX

DriverX

Driving:
    UberX
    Oh and SAN is a really good place to get a ticket now. They got all you drones in a pigpen ready to be slaughtered. I think you'd have to be a brain dead ex-cab driver who used to only work SAN, to have the mentality to sit in a cage with 35 other pigs waiting to either get a rotten bucket of slop or a slug to the back of your head. or an SUV driver because thats about the only place some cheap ass pax is going to pay for an SUV.

BBSHO, tohunt4me and Habieb like this.
  13. Blushark

Blushark

Two Uber Drivers and a Lyft Driver walk into a bar.....You would at least think the Lyft Driver would have ducked.

tohunt4me and DriverX like this.
  14. DriverX

DriverX

Driving:
    UberX
    THe Lyft driver was too busy skipping/canceling requests to get his 50 minutes logged that hour, that he didn't see it.

15. DriverPsycho

DriverPsycho

Driving:
    UberX
    Good for u Sharkb8Sharkb8 I think since they put the wait time feature on the app

Sharkb8 likes this.
  16. San Diego Steve

San Diego Steve

Driving:
    UberX
    Don't forget to tip your driver when you go back to serving. I'm boycotting tipping servers now on, pics of my receipt soon to come. The majority of them are cheapskates who stiff us while they count their tips.

BBSHO, DSLRreel, Poolepit and 2 others like this.
  17. Bro...I was only doing this to subsidize my income in between starting my own company and school...lol. I'm good homie. Your attempting to put me down to make yourself think I'm in the same position you are in will definitely make you feel better. However, that won't change the fact that I'll go get a job making 60k a year with benefits if I feel like it.

My next move is a serving job, because I'll actually like....get ****ing paid...lmao and it will still offer me some kind of flexibility during the week to conduct business. You sir may need to slave away sitting in a parking lot for 2 hours to make a 4 dollar ride. Anyone willing to do that is a god damn felon and isn't trusted with a bowl of ****ing soup.

So yes, there are people out there forced to do this. People that are locked into this sham of a god damn lease, slaving away making a guy who DOESN'T GIVE A **** about you BILLIONS! He wants to get rid of your ass ASAP! So yes, defend that man, because he is the only one that ****ing believes in you, and he is going to show you by paying you 2 dollars a ****ing hour. lol

I'll learn a menu. That's a better use of my time.

18. Yo X,

No kids, just me and an apartment. I would have never ever done this if I had any other responsibility other than myself. My personal car is paid off in full. The lease was a bad idea, but it was also a good idea. Because I am getting out of this pos asap, and am going to just use my own car (not to drive for uber, it's too old). That's how they sucker people. You get rid of your personal car and are kind of forced to keep theirs. I don't chase surge. EVER I usually run away from it. Because I get put on que for an hour and a half and watch the que go up and down like it doesn't even matter where I'm at in the god damn que.

I did the lease to see what it was like, and if it was worth actually buying a car. I'm damn glad I did. Because I won't be buying a car anytime soon. I'll never order an uber ever again. I mean that for real. So you don't have to worry about me tipping you guys. The man who runs this company is a work of art. I know most of you are probably sitting in your car waiting around. So use some of that time to watch this video of the man who you are spending countless hours making billions for

When he is questioned about uberEats he doesn't know **** about it! He has NO ****ING CLUE how it works. You are worth less than a criminal. He doesn't even take the time to understand his own business, and this mother****er has never REALLY driven for uber.

I'm hesitant to drive for this company because I don't want to see another dime go towards this d-bag.

You guys have to stand up for yourselves. If you got other options and you're not making money, then why are you pumping cash into this guys pocket who is working as hard as possible to get rid of you? Don't waste your life. Because this train is going to end, and when this sucker flies off the tracks into a canyon followed by a mushroom cloud of an explosion, you don't want to be there.

I have mad respect for uber drivers from now on, and that is for sure. Because I realize how naked, and vulnerable you are because the company cares so little about you.

Anyone in business knows that it's in the businesses best interest to treat the people who are making you money good. If people were happy driving for uber then it would be a different story. However, the company model is based on a preditory foundation that seeks those who are looking for opportunities, flexibility, or are just unable to find employment anywhere else.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    Habieb likes this.
  19. Tidballa

Tidballa

I get tipped from servers more than regular people. I tell my friends to tip and they all disagree with me. No one carries cash... Yada yada

I understand this guys frustration but get a cold call sales job where you work on 100% commission. THAT is the worst job in the world.

Also, there is strategy involved that he doesn't understand yet. You aren't going to be good at any job right away. Read these forums and learn. Do research. Study where it surges and at what times, find some hot spots to park your car near all the possible drop offs.

Work smart, not hard. Or just go serve, which is tough too.

Alexanditor and DriverPsycho like this.
  20. DriverX

DriverX

Driving:
    UberX
    There's a HUGE difference in "chasing surge" and "surge driving" you can read all about it in the threads. I try to hit $35 net an hour when I drive. There aren't a lot of hours in a week that can be done, so I don't drive nearly as much as the average. I keep my expenses low so I can drive less for a higher rate when its busy and not have to drive when it's slow.

I don't care if people tip me because I'm averaging a 2x surge. If they do tip I'm super stoked and take it, but I feel like they paid me the price I set and that was all I wanted. SO I don't get hung up on that cheap ass pax that takes me on a $3 ride for no tip, because I don't do $3 rides.

I have a better attitude with the pax because they are willing to pay me a premium price, which generally means the respect the drivers more anyway. THat helps keep my ratings up and I have fewer cancels because I'm usually only online when its surging. WHo needs to screen a 3x ride, when it will net you $10 if they only go a half mile. Better yet, pick them up at 3x, see its going short, end the trip after a couple blocks so your back online while its still surging. then You drop the current pax off while trolling for a fresh one. WHewre do you think they came up with the concept of stacked rides?

LadyDriver881, tohunt4me and Habieb like this.