This Fox ain't afraid of no PLAGUE! (AND still making money!)

Greenfox

Y'all need to chill with this hoax virus nonsense, and keep living life!

FIRST of all, start doing 2 am to 6 to 7.30 a.m.

I was the ONLY CAR ON THE ROAD in the BAY AREA!

I couldn't STOP taking pings!

Secondly, go to the ZIDE door (in OAKLAND), 10th street, tell em fox sent ya, pick up some MUSHROOM PIZZAS, and LIVE LIFE!

BadYota

Secondly, go to the ZIDE door (in OAKLAND), 10th street, tell em fox sent ya, pick up some MUSHROOM PIZZAS, and LIVE LIFE!
I never worked nights even when I did drive. My motto is no decent person is taking an Uber at 3am. Too many ghettoes near me

Greenfox

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I never worked nights even when I did drive. My motto is no decent person is taking an Uber at 3am. Too many ghettoes near me
Nothing but ghettos near me (OAK, El Cerrito, Vallejo, etc) and HONESTLY/ BETWEEN 12 and 2am you're right. after that, its working scmucks and airport rides.
Post automatically merged:

I suggest you read Lissetti’s post in this thread about her diagnosis of coronavirus. She has been very ill.

blood work, please

Last edited:

Fusion_LUser

Lyft in my area is busy with scheduled rides and not many ants. I could easily pocket $100+ daily on just a couple of 30+ mile rides but they are during hours I actually work... But there is still at least $40-$80 in the late afternoon and evenings if I was still driving. Many of the scheduled rides are medical (and few drug rehab rides) and the whole reason why I stop driving was to avoid those type of rides.

Greenfox

Lyft in my area is busy with scheduled rides and not many ants. I could easily pocket $100+ daily on just a couple of 30+ mile rides but they are during hours I actually work... But there is still at least $40-$80 in the late afternoon and evenings if I was still driving. Many of the scheduled rides are medical (and few drug rehab rides) and the whole reason why I stop driving was to avoid those type of rides.
Well Im as healthy as a foxy horse so ... I dunno.

I'll take em.

waldowainthrop

I have a relative who is sick. How many cases do we need before the extreme skeptics will stop denying that the disease exists?

If you want to argue that the mitigation efforts in your state or country aren’t justifiable on a utilitarian basis, fine. There will be, at some point, a cost that is too high to pay to mitigate the spread of coronavirus. But society can’t handle people being ostriches about big problems. You can’t seriously pretend that there is no coronavirus pandemic any longer. It’s harmful and irresponsible to continue promoting outright falsehoods.

As far as not getting sick yet: you’re only healthy until you’re not. Maybe you can drive for months and months without getting a cold, flu, or coronavirus. But for most people, exposing themselves to other people gets them sick eventually, and more importantly, it leads to the possibility of spreading this particularly easy-to-catch disease that kills more people (by proportion of those who become infected) than the flu. What should you do about it? That’s up to you, individually. But society is going to keep on being a society, and currently, society is collectively freaked out about a very real coronavirus pandemic, for better or worse.

Greenfox

I have a relative who is sick. How many cases do we need before the extreme skeptics will stop denying that the disease exists?

If you want to argue that the mitigation efforts in your state or country aren’t justifiable on a utilitarian basis, fine. There will be, at some point, a cost that is too high to pay to mitigate the spread of coronavirus. But society can’t handle people being ostriches about big problems. You can’t seriously pretend that there is no coronavirus pandemic any longer. It’s harmful and irresponsible to continue promoting outright falsehoods.

As far as not getting sick yet: you’re only healthy until you’re not. Maybe you can drive for months and months without getting a cold, flu, or coronavirus. But for most people, exposing themselves to other people gets them sick eventually, and more importantly, it leads to the possibility of spreading this particularly easy-to-catch disease that kills more people (by proportion of those who become infected) than the flu. What should you do about it? That’s up to you, individually. But society is going to keep on being a society, and currently, society is collectively freaked out about a very real coronavirus pandemic, for better or worse.
I just wanna see blood work that says it isn't strep or influenza. Thats all. One blood test and Im a BELIEVER.

Either way I don't think the whole WORLD should be shut down for a few hundred deaths in the USA.

When AIDS was called GRID and was killing off homosexuals in the TENS of thousands, they didn't shut down Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Classical Telecaster

I just wanna see blood work that says it isn't strep or influenza. Thats all. One blood test and Im a BELIEVER.

Either way I don't think the whole WORLD should be shut down for a few hundred deaths in the USA.

When AIDS was called GRID and was killing off people different (I assume) from you in the TENS of thousands, they didn't shut down Christmas.
Bad analogy. AIDS was easy to avoid. You could not get it driving an infected person around unless....

You can easily be infected by CORVID19 driving RS.

SuzeCB

Bad analogy. AIDS was easy to avoid. You could not get it driving an infected person around unless....

You can easily be infected by CORVID19 driving RS.
AIDS was never "easy to avoid" because you have control over your OWN behavior, but not over anyone else's.

Unless you mean sex could have stopped altogether... which, if successful (stops to enjoy a good laugh with everyone), would mean the end of the species.

We were TOLD AIDS was "easy to avoid" because it was a disease considered to be affecting only "sinners", the rest were just collateral damage.

Invisible

Sorry to hear your relative is sick. I wish him or her the best!

When AIDS was called GRID and was killing off homosexuals in the TENS of thousands, they didn't shut down Christmas.
This was a tweet by Los Angeles County. One who died of it was under the age of 18.

You not believing medical professionals is disrespectful to those who have it and to those who died from it.

4178F961-D52F-4B24-A43B-8BC00C07D91F.png

Last edited:

Classical Telecaster

AIDS was never "easy to avoid" because you have control over your OWN behavior, but not over anyone else's.

Unless you mean sex could have stopped altogether... which, if successful (stops to enjoy a good laugh with everyone), would mean the end of the species.

We were TOLD AIDS was "easy to avoid" because it was a disease considered to be affecting only "sinners", the rest were just collateral damage.
My poorly made point, I personally was not worried about getting AIDS, though a friend of mine did. It was not spread as simply as this virus. Yes, an RS driver could get AIDS on the job, but it would likely be a violation of the TOU.

Soldiering

Happy for you OP. This virus is REAL.
My sis is a flight attendant and she is sick as a DOG quarantined at home. With all that being said thanks for the advice maybe I'll try it out. Thinking Phoenix isnt as busy during those times, we're not as GHETTO as your area😀
Keep propping up that community

This was a tweet by Los Angeles County. One who died of it was under the age of 18.

You not believing medical professionals is disrespectful to those who have it and to who died from it.

View attachment 436650
He's not being disrespectful more like ignorant. As far as an 18 year old dying from this it could just as easily be me , I'm 48. My point is they need to stop fear mongering the GODLESS society we live in. All deaths are predetermined. God has this.

Got a ping. Out

Invisible

Happy for you OP. This virus is REAL.
My sis is a flight attendant and she is sick as a DOG quarantined at home. With all that being said thanks for the advice maybe I'll try it out. Thinking Phoenix isnt as busy during those times, we're not as GHETTO as your area😀
Keep propping up that community

He's not being disrespectful more like ignorant. As far as an 18 year old dying from this it could just as easily be me , I'm 48. My point is they need to stop fear mongering the GODLESS society we live in. All deaths are predetermined. God has this.

Got a ping. Out
There were two members here who posted someone they knew died of it. It’s disrespectful to them. You may call it as you wish. But in my view, calling something a hoax, that has killed more than 700 Americans is disrespectful to the families who lost a loved one.
B4448732-A2BF-4460-8E1F-E5225658C7EE.png

waldowainthrop

When AIDS was called GRID and was killing off queers in the TENS of thousands, they didn't shut down Christmas.
Do you mind if I summarize your three arguments for clarity?
  1. You want physical proof of coronavirus with your own eyes. No other kind of information will suffice.
  2. If you manage to see physical proof of coronavirus, it won’t matter to you anyway, because you don’t think it’s deadly enough.
  3. You want to make a historical comparison to a quite different virus (HIV) during the period of time in which it was poorly understood but it was killing fairly large numbers of people. You’re saying that nothing much was done about it, and you’re implying that this was an acceptable public health outcome.
Should I email my relative (who has coronavirus, is a doctor and works in a hospital) and ask them for their bloodwork, or suggest that they might have influenza or streptococcus instead? I feel like the implication in your threads that it’s all a big “hoax” or conspiracy, and that even if it’s not a conspiracy, we shouldn’t be concerned with it. That’s a really problematic perspective, regardless of what is going on in the world.

I’m not saying “stay off the road”. Some people (including grocery store workers and healthcare professionals) need a ride. It’s actually good that some rideshare and delivery drivers are sticking with it, despite an unknown amount of risk.

–––

As a side note, people should consider that there was historically a problem with calling HIV/AIDS by the outmoded term GRID (gay-related immune deficiency). The use of the term was popularized by people who contributed to the stigmatization of the disease, and those people made it more difficult for society to grapple with a deadly disease and come up with responsible public health policy to address it. It also inaccurately associated HIV/AIDS with “the gays” when anyone could catch it from unprotected sex, blood transfer, or childbirth.

How did we get to the point where HIV/AIDS has become a much less scary illness (except in many African countries) that people can survive for years with treatment, and in many cases avoid getting infected in the first place? Public health campaigns, broader awareness, investment in treatment and prevention, an end to stigmatization, better access to sexual health information, and, of course, more responsible individual behavior.

A few of those tactics are essential for dealing with any epidemic. If we still incorrectly vilified AIDS as “a queer disease” we might see thousands of people (including non-queer people) still dying from it who are otherwise alive today. By the way, there are HIV/AIDS denialists just like there are coronavirus denialists. They got it completely wrong.

They’re a doctor – I’m sure they can fix it themselves.

Dark humor is what we need right now. And thanks! 🤭

Last edited:

Coachman

I'm on a political board and there are a handful of posters over there who insist Covid-19 is no more serious than the seasonal flu. They generally base this on the expected number of deaths. Of course that ignores that the reason the deaths from Covid-19 will be minimized is exactly because of the drastic steps being taken.

It would be kind of like saying that electricity is less dangerous than water because fewer people die from electrocution than from drowning.

These are dim bulbs we're talking about. They have good intentions. But they're dim.

lOOKATmE

Do people ever lie on this forum?

rkozy

It would be kind of like saying that electricity is less dangerous than water because fewer people die from electrocution than from drowning.

These are dim bulbs we're talking about. They have good intentions. But they're dim.
Not only are they dim bulbs, but they'd quickly change their tune about coronavirus if it was President Hillary Clinton at the podium, giving daily press briefings on the outbreak.

There is no point in debating facts with Trumpkins. They don't believe in facts. They believe in whatever their Messiah tells them to believe.

Greenfox

Do you mind if I summarize your three arguments for clarity?
  1. You want physical proof of coronavirus with your own eyes. No other kind of information will suffice.
  2. If you manage to see physical proof of coronavirus, it won’t matter to you anyway, because you don’t think it’s deadly enough.
  3. You want to make a historical comparison to a quite different virus (HIV) during the period of time in which it was poorly understood but it was killing fairly large numbers of people. You’re saying that nothing much was done about it, and you’re implying that this was an acceptable public health outcome.
Should I email my relative (who has coronavirus, is a doctor and works in a hospital) and ask them for their bloodwork, or suggest that they might have influenza or streptococcus instead? I feel like the implication in your threads that it’s all a big “hoax” or conspiracy, and that even if it’s not a conspiracy, we shouldn’t be concerned with it. That’s a really problematic perspective, regardless of what is going on in the world.

I’m not saying “stay off the road”. Some people (including grocery store workers and healthcare professionals) need a ride. It’s actually good that some rideshare and delivery drivers are sticking with it, despite an unknown amount of risk.

–––

As a side note, people should consider that there was historically a problem with calling HIV/AIDS by the outmoded term GRID (gay-related immune deficiency). The use of the term was popularized by people who contributed to the stigmatization of the disease, and those people made it more difficult for society to grapple with a deadly disease and come up with responsible public health policy to address it. It also inaccurately associated HIV/AIDS with “the gays” when anyone could catch it from unprotected sex, blood transfer, or childbirth.

How did we get to the point where HIV/AIDS has become a much less scary illness (except in many African countries) that people can survive for years with treatment, and in many cases avoid getting infected in the first place? Public health campaigns, broader awareness, investment in treatment and prevention, an end to stigmatization, better access to sexual health information, and, of course, more responsible individual behavior.

A few of those tactics are essential for dealing with any epidemic. If we still incorrectly vilified AIDS as “a queer disease” we might see thousands of people (including non-queer people) still dying from it who are otherwise alive today. By the way, there are HIV/AIDS denialists just like there are coronavirus denialists. They got it completely wrong.

They’re a doctor – I’m sure they can fix it themselves.

Dark humor is what we need right now. And thanks! 🤭
1. YES I want physical proof. I can do the blood work, I just need the blood.
2. It will matter.
3. How about Ebola? Im not trying to DISRESPECT someone sick with the flu! I just want BLOOD WORK!

We didn't cancel Christmas for Ebola. Or Swine Flu. Or Bird Flu. Or SARS. Or h1n1.

I think the constitution doesn't get suspended because people MIGHT *MAYBE* get sick and MAAAAAYBE might die.

I will WILLINGLY infect myself just to get the antibodies.

Seriously.

Foxes dont get sick, though, so I dont think it would matter.

I just think KNOW that there is an ulterior MOTIVE, here.

Proof/////

When 9-11 'happened' - the day BEFORE there was no:

Homeland Security
TSA
Extended interregation

The point?

Even if I believe ALL OF IT, and lets say 10,000 people in the USA die, immediately, overnight from getting it, if one wishes to SELF quarantine then... so be it. It isn't 'airborne' anyways (source: WHO) so if YOU *WANT* to lock yourself away to STAY SAFE, so be it. but to "FORCE" curfews, shutting businesses down, etc for a little 'security' - than WTF?!?!?

Look.... if it was THAT BIG OF A DEAL then why is the NEW YORK STOCK EXCHANGE still a THING?
How about suspending congress and/or having THEM work at home?
How about police stop issuing tickets in the meanwhile and be limited to SERIOUS CRIME only? AKA Felonies? After all, pulling over someone for going 40 in a 35 surely INCREASES risk of exposure.

I don't know much, but I know my FREEMASON homie had it right;

1. "Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

SORRY if you all are sick but you know what???? My constitutional freedom doesn't stop because you have a cold.