This ever happen to you?

AppleCake

I'm at Atlantic Station and get a request that places the pax on the actual hwy. This has happened before and I would call or text to clarify. But this time the pax was like they're actually on the side of the hwy. Not to mention, when I accepted the trip it put him on the "charging for wait" timer without me actually getting there. I chose not to pick him up because I didn't want to deal with pulling over on 75/85 in the middle of downtown and then getting back in traffic. I'm not that savvy. Have you ever had to pick someone up on the side of the road before?

Dontmakemepullauonyou

I'm at Atlantic Station and get a request that places the pax on the actual hwy. This has happened before and I would call or text to clarify. But this time the pax was like they're actually on the side of the hwy. Not to mention, when I accepted the trip it put him on the "charging for wait" timer without me actually getting there. I chose not to pick him up because I didn't want to deal with pulling over on 75/85 in the middle of downtown and then getting back in traffic. I'm not that savvy. Have you ever had to pick someone up on the side of the road before?
There was a story an uber driver stopped to pick up a passenger or help someone on the highway and got hit and killed. I would not be helping people out for $0.10 a minute risking my life. Let them call a tow truck or AAA.

MiamiKid

Yes it's happened, to me, once. I also cancelled. Consider the risk, involved, vs reward.

bunkerjg

Would do it in a heartbeat. All for helping people. Not much different than stopping in the middle of the street like some unemployables do.

I'm confused. What do you mean by unemployable? Isn't working for Uber employment? Full time or part time. Just curious. Also, what is your "real" job? Maybe you can help some people out and get them a "real" job. Just a thought. I do this part time but hate my other "real" job, and am always looking.

Carblar

I'm confused. What do you mean by unemployable? Isn't working for Uber employment? Full time or part time. Just curious. Also, what is your "real" job? Maybe you can help some people out and get them a "real" job. Just a thought. I do this part time but hate my other "real" job, and am always looking.

A lot of jerks on this forum like to trash Uber drivers and call them names like unemployables. As you said Uber IS a job. A lousy one but a job nonetheless.

Even though now I have a much better job and only do Uber when I feel like I will not resort to downgrading anyone who drives Uber for a living. I feel for them having to depend on such an unethical company and hope they find greener grass as I did.

adlotw

I have had that happen twice on ga 400. Once it was someone that had their car break down. The other time they were 20 mins away and put the pin in the wrong location.

2Cents

The fübr X staging area at the Orlando airport is called the Deplorables Lot for a reason..

KenJ

Have you ever had to pick someone up on the side of the road before?

Yes, I once had to. I picked up a guy on the overpass bridge connecting I-20 West to I-75/85 South at a point right after the curve facing Southward. Guy lost control of his Lincoln Town Car and crashed onto right side concrete safety wall. He was ok, and I dropped him off at his residence. Strange thing was, he'd requested a Pool ride and he was the second Pax. BTW, I wanted to confirm if they were indeed on highway as I saw it so on my App and tried to reach them unsuccessfully by call and text, and later I learned that their phone's battery died. Anyway, I expected maybe they could have had their vehicle broken down on highway. Stopping on the shoulder of the bridge to pick up the Pax and getting onto the highway hasn't been challenging because there weren't traffic passing me at the time.