• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Thinking of getting a car for "comfort", be careful

I've had Comfort requests cancel on me pretty quickly, probably looking for something bigger than my Accord. Not often, but a few times.

What baffles me is the reasoning for Really newer vehicles. Accord has to be 2016 or newer. Select can be 2008.

doyousensehumor

What baffles me is the reasoning for Really newer vehicles. Accord has to be 2016 or newer. Select can be 2008.
You mean comfort is 2016 or newer? Wow.

I never got the memo since I drive a shitbox that is older than that.

So much for that. 5c more than X for temp& radio requests with 10min noshow waits. Call volume that used to be XL. Damn.

Rocknrlk

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well select and xl are really going to take it in the shorts. I don't want to use it for ride share anyway, but my immaculate 2015 genesis sedan didn't make the cut for comfort.Still rides like the day I bought it, but it is still good for comfort. Nice logic uber. I use to get quite a few xl rides that weren't 6 passengers, but that has definitely dropped off. Have to make $60,000 more to reach goal when I started and will be glad when it is over.

The model year varies. It looks like many Select cars can be 2014 and newer, while cars that are normally just X have to be 2016. For instance my immaculate and spacious 2014 Impala with 30k miles couldn't do Comfort. It's way more comfortable than my Accord but....

Christinebitg

I hope that it comes to Houston soon. My Acura RDX has tons of legroom, but isn't an XL (only has five seats) and doesn't qualify for Select (for reasons that are unexplained).

Lol, my "comfort"able 2016 Accord is getting 4 free new tires from Honda today! I had them working on a TPMS and speedo accuracy issue, and they found a nail or screw in the outside edge of the tread on one tire.

They said "you'll need a new tire, but you've got the wrong size tires on the car". I quickly corrected him, "no, YOU have the wrong tires on my car".

Dealer had just taken it in from a 3 yr lease and put new lower profile tires on it before I bought it from them a week later. So joke's on them, thanks for 4 new tires and 20k miles of free treadwear. Being installed as I type! They can't explain why they did smaller than stock tires.
Post automatically merged:

I hope that it comes to Houston soon. My Acura RDX has tons of legroom, but isn't an XL (only has five seats) and doesn't qualify for Select (for reasons that are unexplained).
I wonder if it's being kept out of some markets where XL is really popular.

Comfort here in Phoenix is $.93 for the passenger. It only went down 7 cents. But today I only got paid $.6696. They are taking 28% like they do for xl

Last edited:

taxisuper

The model year varies. It looks like many Select cars can be 2014 and newer, while cars that are normally just X have to be 2016. For instance my immaculate and spacious 2014 Impala with 30k miles couldn't do Comfort. It's way more comfortable than my Accord but....
So here's a question for you. If you have a 2016 X car that qualifies for Comfort, does it become unqualified next year. Might be worth considering for all the geniuses who are planning on going further into debt to buy a qualifying car.

So here's a question for you. If you have a 2016 X car that qualifies for Comfort, does it become unqualified next year. Might be worth considering for all the geniuses who are planning on going further into debt to buy a qualifying car.
I would assume, at this time, my Accord is removed Jan 1st. Or at 2020 inspection. Or they could revise the requirements. WHO KNOWS?

It's my personal car that I use for X. Comfort is just a tiny bit of temporary gravy on top. It would be foolish to pay more for a Comfort eligible vehicle purchase.

Had my first Comfort no show yesterday mid afternoon at Desert Diamond. Sucks having to wait 10 min. Also because it was a 30 min DF ride back to the east. I texted and called, got VM and no text back. The valets didn't appreciate the 10 min either.

But the 7.20 fee helps, and I got a ride back to the airport 5 min later. The guy sounded 90 yrs old on his VM, probably too busy gambling to notice I'd arrived.

just_me

Uber's data base is filled with most (possibly all) of the Uber rides ever given. That's a lot of rides guys, somewhere in the billions of rides. It wouldn't be that hard to mine that data to come up with cars that the paxs like better, just by overall ratings. Some cars do have better ratings than other cars, just like the drivers. As for the term "comfort" - yeah, i can see that being a sales slogan in addition to what ever Uber is trying to explain "comfort" as. To the guys whose cars were rated "comfort" - congratulations - you were in the right place at the right time. Enjoy it.

What's funny is Uber uses the term "spacious" in their description for pax. I don't feel that ANY midsize car can be called spacious.

Christinebitg

I think Comfort is just Uber's way of replacing Select.

If it were really about the legroom, they would approve my Acura RDX. It has tons of legroom in the back.

I don't know why it's not new enough to suit them. It's a 2010, and also doesn't qualify for Select. Which I also have no idea of as to why, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

I'm baffled at the newer model year requirement for Comfort, makes no sense. Does the RDX need to be 2014+ ?

Christinebitg

I'm baffled at the newer model year requirement for Comfort, makes no sense. Does the RDX need to be 2014+ ?
That's my understanding. Same with Select.

But Comfort hasn't come to Houston, as far as I know. Or if it has, they didn't bother to tell me.

There's an online list of cities.

Uber Comfort is now available in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, DC, Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charleston, Charlotte, Dallas, Fresno, Hampton Roads, Houston, Honolulu
Post automatically merged:

......Or if it has, they didn't bother to tell me.
Lol, they didn't bother to tell us beta test drivers either, before sending us a first Comfort ping in May.

Last edited: