Thinking of a hybrid for a new car!!

StaplesGuy

Going to be purchasing a new car and thinking about a hybrid. I'm driving Uber part time maybe 20-25 hrs max per week. Working mostly in Boston so was thinking a hybrid would be great. Need to buy a newer car no older than 1-2 years old max due to travel in my full time job. Most likely will be brand new.
Was thinking of the new Malibu Hybrid or a Toyota Avalon. Any input

Fuzzyelvis

Going to be purchasing a new car and thinking about a hybrid. I'm driving Uber part time maybe 20-25 hrs max per week. Working mostly in Boston so was thinking a hybrid would be great. Need to buy a newer car no older than 1-2 years old max due to travel in my full time job. Most likely will be brand new.
If you NEED a new car (NOT JUST FOR UBER!) get a Prius.

WBdriving

I would think any hybrid would benefit you in the long run as long as it's something that can fit 4 pax comfortably. The new batteries in cars (even taxi's) are getting up to 150k on them even though they're only rated to 100k.

StaplesGuy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would think any hybrid would benefit you in the long run as long as it's something that can fit 4 pax comfortably. The new batteries in cars (even taxi's) are getting up to 150k on them even though they're only rated to 100k.
Thanks

BostonTaxiDriver

But what's the replacement cost? Very costly, from what I hear.

WBdriving

But what's the replacement cost? Very costly, from what I hear.
From what I've read the newer ones are under 5k (each brand very's) which given that you could get 100-150k out of them are not really a bad investment. Most seem around the 3500 mark from what little I've read on it. I was looking at a couple of used ones hybrids but my wife wanted the van.