1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Thinking driving for uber...what the estimate on Gas per day

Discussion in 'People' started by Crowdfund4gas, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Crowdfund4gas

Crowdfund4gas New Member

What would be the estimate cost on gas per day?..just curious.

2. Ubergirlzz

Ubergirlzz Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Where I live, gas is pretty cheap. I pay $2.49 per gallon, but I hear it will be going up to $3/gallon soon. It costs me about $30 to fill up my tank. So assuming you have a vehicle that gets good gas mileage (like I do), and gas is relatively cheap - $30 per day on gas.

JTR and Crowdfund4gas like this.
  3. Crowdfund4gas

Crowdfund4gas New Member

Thanks, i was curious because im looking into this coming soon new crowdfund App, that with a $50 donation. I will be able to raise my monthly gas money expenses which will save me according to your estimate.. $25-$30 aday. Which keeps me about 2hr in my pocket driving for uber.

4. Grahamcracker

Grahamcracker Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    I drive a 1.5 liter Honda Fit. It gets around 35 mpg. I'll make about $80 on a quarter tank of gas which costs about $6-7. $80 are on days with very little surge.

tohunt4me likes this.
  5. ChortlingCrison

ChortlingCrison Well-Known Member

6. yojimboguy

yojimboguy Well-Known Member

I can't imagine why you would think that anyone in the WORLD could give you an estimate of the cost of your gas, without knowing your car, your car's mileage, or the cost of gas where you live. If you know those things, I can't imagine you couldn't figure this out for yourself, at least on a per mile basis.

7. Don'tchasethesurge

Don'tchasethesurge Well-Known Member

Don't forget that depreciation your vehicles with added miles will cost you too.

ABC123DEF, JTR and tohunt4me like this.
  8. Crowdfund4gas

Crowdfund4gas New Member

9. Peanut hello

Peanut hello Active Member

The more you drive the more gas you use my Nevada friend.
    if you chase runs you use even more.

JTR and tohunt4me like this.
  10. Crowdfund4gas

Crowdfund4gas New Member

Actually, as i researched. There's a national average $20-$30 aday for fulltime Uber drivers. Hey Man, if you're going to reply to a post. Reply with some useful information. Thanks,

JTR likes this.
  11. UberChicago80

UberChicago80 Active Member

I would like to learn more about crowdsourcing my gas money. I need more money for mints and water. This would help a little bit. Plus I sank like $11 into a new aux cord

12. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

With an economical car driving x I average 10% of my earnings spent on gas. If I earn $150.00 I usually spend $15.00 on gas.

Peanut hello and JTR like this.
  13. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

A
    APrx. 10% of earnings.
    That is my figure also.
    Should be same for any 2liter and below 4 cylinder engine driven reasonably.

JTR likes this.
  14. Crowdfund4gas

Crowdfund4gas New Member

Hey Thanks for the info. Also, the crowdsourcing for gas website. Im hearing would be available February. From my understanding not only would you be able to raise money for your Gas, but vehicle commercial insurance and care note as well. I will try to keep you posted on the launch date

15. JTR

JTR Active Member

How many miles did you drive?

16. yojimboguy

yojimboguy Well-Known Member

How about posting a question with enough information in order to answer this. A national average of daily usage gives you zero useful information for your individual situation.

tradedate likes this.
  17. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    You will drive about 20 miles per hour plus idling for the remainder of the hour.

The first day you drive will be the only way to tell how much gas you will use.

I've burned as much or little as $10-$70- in a 12 hour period depending on what vehicle i'm driving and how busy it is and how gas prices were.

So in a week i'd say $70-$600.

Not very useful is it?

Fuzzyelvis likes this.
  18. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    What is the average of your net worth and Bill Gates' net worth? Is that a useful figure for anything?

Averages are rarely useful.

19. Over/Uber

Over/Uber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Wait a minute, you are all getting all wiggly about how much of a moving target gas use is based on various factors while I wanna know why the OP thinks he should get free gas and car expenses through a GoFundMe account.

I want free ****, too. Not looking as good since Bernie didn't get elected...

MSUGrad9902 and tradedate like this.
  20. Terri Lee

Terri Lee Well-Known Member

"Welcome new drivers, and new members of UberPeople.NET!
    'People' is a forum for introductions, for being a person here on the forum."

This just in.... reading comprehension rates are WAY down! Film at 11!

tradedate likes this.