Uber Drivers Forum banner

Thinking About Ubering

1K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Asianinmesa 
#1 ·
I was think about just doing Uber for couple nights just so I can earn couple few bucks while finishing up my semester but, it seems that ride sharing is utter shit from everyone's tone on here. Is it that bad or is that just normal?

Also

Do Cobblestone not give a shit about paint damage? My front bumper has paint damaged in between the front and passenger side.

#5 ·
Drive the drunks at bar close in old town/entertainment district/Mill, on Friday and Saturday nights. Do 5hrs Friday night and 5 Saturday night. You could also work the ASU Football games.

Just as NothingLeftToLose said, if you're willing to tolerate the pukers, pissers, and everything in between, yeah you can make some change. Also expect your rating to stay in the shitter.

#12 ·
You can earn a few buck doing just 10 hours, in the process you will lose all faith in humanity and wonder if you act like those people when you drink too much, the answer is yes. It is all relative, 5 hours on a Tuesday from 10 AM to 3 PM, you might make $40 to $60. Like Teksaz said, Fri, Sat nights LATE is where you can do okay on that amount of time.

If you are going to do it temp, just stay away from airport pickups, drop offs fine, pickups....you need to know the drill. Also make sure you study the routes in and out and pickup zones for events, otherwise you can get yourself gridlocked.

#13 ·
Teksaz ...not hating bro. I've just noticed that anytime a noob comes into the forum asking for info about starting with uber your only advice is don't do it. Well why don't you follow your own advice and quit?

I'd rather school the noobs on how to play the surge and which areas to avoid. We're all in this together looking for a few extra bucks. Anyway, looking forward to more constructive contributions from you on the forum in the future. Peace.

#14 ·
OP, don't listen to this guy. He has a chip on his shoulder over new guys starting Uber as he wants all the business to himself.

My advice is give Uber a try. Since you only plan on doing it part time you can make decent pocket change if you stick to the East valley and only drive during weekend surge times. On the other hand, anyone trying to earn a living doing this full time needs their head examined. These are the guys you hear incessantly whining on this forum.
If I tell you a few hot spots and when and where to drive them will you be nicer to us "Veteran Drivers" ?

#15 ·
Teksaz ...not hating bro. I've just noticed that anytime a noob comes into the forum asking for info about starting with uber your only advice is don't do it. Well why don't you follow your own advice and quit?

I'd rather school the noobs on how to play the surge and which areas to avoid. We're all in this together looking for a few extra bucks. Anyway, looking forward to more constructive contributions from you on the forum in the future. Peace.
What is - ' Things said by your manager at your last performance review '.

#16 ·
It's good if you put the time and patience, have a strategy go against Uber game of accepting every ride on the screen. You must be watchful and have a think on your feet mindset to avoid disgrace, it may seem easy and harmless but let your guard down and you'll end up with minor losses up to big f4ck ups, scan the posts in this forum and reddit and you'll see anything from vomit and tear in your car to big traffic/airport tickets, car doors gone.

If you're looking for a few easy bucks a week you're going to be successful but disappointed, you're really going to get few bucks (most trips about $2.52, and if you're lucky 5 trips/hour?) but it's not worth the risk and tear for you and your vehicle; for this gig to be worth it, you must love thrills and educational experiences, find your way out of difficult situations.

It's not as flexible as it seems if you want to make a decent profit, you must keep a good rating while dealing with some difficult people and a greedy corporation that just cares about market share and driverless cars and trucks, not even profits for now. My driving schedule is not tied to hours, it's about the surge, where and when the next surge is building up and how to get there efficiently. Be warned that if you don't play by the corporate guidelines your going to get a barrage of emails and texts, it's like if you're in a relationship with a psycho girlfriend, you're not accepting nearby trips! (like f4cking 15 minutes away) you're cancelling more than the rest of the sheep, your account is on wait list because you haven't returned a phone after driving all night (this fockers think that one is a sleepless robot), I'm saving all of the messages because it doesn't cost me anything and I suspect that it may one day be useful.

As you can see there's plenty to be negative about, but if you put the necessary resources against the challenges, you'll have the satisfaction of overcoming bullshit while making a profit, learning something and getting out of it a better person, plus making some business networking, friends, dates.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.