Thinking about leaving my job and go full time uber. What do you think?

MasterOFMyCastle

Hi there, so even if I hate doing Uber, I feel like I'm not making enough money at my current job. I work M-F 930 to 4 pm and after taxes I get weekly $680. I am doing uber part time but I feel I'm getting better at it so hence my question. Would you guys do it? I just want to enjoy more time with the family and work when I "want". Any thoughts are more than welcomed. Thanks

Yellowmamba24

Hi there, so even if I hate doing Uber, I feel like I'm not making enough money at my current job. I work M-F 930 to 4 pm and after taxes I get weekly $680. I am doing uber part time but I feel I'm getting better at it so hence my question. Would you guys do it? I just want to enjoy more time with the family and work when I "want". Any thoughts are more than welcomed. Thanks

The best way would be to keep ur day job and UBER/LYFT on the weekends. That is the way to go...Once u quit, and do UBER FT, u will hate ur life

Duckling

Unless you have plans to make $, don't even try doing full time.
You must have set of goals, consistency, and hardworking mind.

Shankster

Since you're being honest, the advice to you is to quit your day job, the pay sucks. Use that time for rideshare. You'll make so much more, honestly.

Duckling

Every month you make $2,720? 6hrs and 30 mins a day x 5 = 32.5 hrs a week
Stay at your job lol. I doubt you will make $2720 doing uber.

Spuntino

Two scenarios. Two different answers.

Scenario A: you quit your job to drive uber full time with no plan, goals, and roadmap that eventually leads to a better career or job.

Scenario B: you quit your job to work full time with a well thought out plan, goals, and roadmap that will eventually let you quit uber and start your better job/career.

If you are scenario A: No.
If you are scenario B: Yes.

Uncle-not-Ant

Go for it. Run your car into the ground for 60 somthing Cents/Mile with a rider. Free miles to go try and pick up the rider. Free wait times when they wont get on the curb.

Only when your ticket or your accident happens will it dawn on you, that you worked for free or paid for the priviledge of driving people around.

ChortlingCrison

We wish you the very best!! Uber on!!

Uncle-not-Ant

at my current job. I work M-F 930 to 4 pm and after taxes I get weekly $680
You have to drive 10-12 hour/day 7 days to make $680 after gas, car payment, and insurance. That does not include depreciation which will eat up any profit you think you are making.

Deprecition is delayed and most newer drivers don't account for it. It will hit you like a ton of bricks when you turn/trade your car in, fix the transmission, or get in your first rideshare accident.

Depreciation leaves you with about $3-4 per hour on the road if you have a decent week...less per/hour on crappier weeks.

Last edited:

iheartuber

You make $680 working M-F 9:30-4pm.

Wanna know if you can make more than that doing uber in the same time frame? Well, you can!

You can make $800 doing uber during that time.

Of course that's, $800 minus $150 gas minus $100 wear and tear in your car minus $100 for taxes. So now your FT uber job after taxes and expenses is not $800 but actually $450.

Ants- LEARN MATH!!!!