Think about this while you're waiting for your pax

Inshur

Zubera

Nothing is new here but officially you're not allowed to wait for your pax if you're not parked legally. It means you can't double park or stand and wait anywhere except where parking is allowed. You can potentially get a ticket for not obeying this rule while you're trying to collect your $3.34 no show cancelation fee.

Capture+_2017-09-14-08-36-29.png

And about double parking
Capture+_2017-09-14-08-53-40.png

Frankyfiggs

Nothing is new here but officially you're not allowed to wait for your pax if you're not parked legally. It means you can't double park or stand and wait anywhere except where parking is allowed. You can potentially get a ticket for not obeying this rule while you're trying to collect your $3.34 no show cancelation fee.

View attachment 158018

And about double parking
View attachment 158020
There is a balance or unwritten code for conducting business of any sort regarding the disparity between written law and it's enforcement. It is always wise to know the written law to the T. It is also wise to know what is not strictly enforced for the sake of allowing business to proceed..kind of like the flow of traffic deal. Don't strain the boundaries, keep it reasonable and you should be ok, but always be aware of when where and why you could technically have your balls broken to keep your guard up

It's also like when you drop off at a bus stop for a " quick " drop or pickup and it's some quadrapalegic momo who cannot operate a door handle and takes 15 minutes to get into or out of a car and close the door

jerseyboys

View attachment 158018

And about double parking
View attachment 158020

I'm guessing all UPS drivers got this memo? hahaha

Uberinian

View attachment 158018

And about double parking
View attachment 158020
Yes... Technically 100% of every Uber car on the street is breaking a law by doubling parking for a single second if pax not there or standing in a no stand zone. However as the other use said.. There is an unwritten law in the books and the cops can use thier discretion.

If the cop is a REAL REAL azzhole, he will ticket you and can give out 500 tickets a day if he wanted to. But most of the times it's allowing business in the daily life to proceed as usual.

unitxero

UBER Emp #2266971
There have been really rare occasions where I'm double parked waiting for a pax and a police cruiser will get behind my car and beep the siren. I simply cancel on the pax and take off. You shouldn't really be getting tickets for this, seldomly enforced and most times it's traffic agents on foot who enforce this the most.

Vishnu643

Yes... Technically 100% of every Uber car on the street is breaking a law by doubling parking for a single second if pax not there or standing in a no stand zone. However as the other use said.. There is an unwritten law in the books and the cops can use thier discretion.

If the cop is a REAL REAL azzhole, he will ticket you and can give out 500 tickets a day if he wanted to. But most of the times it's allowing business in the daily life to proceed as usual.

Even that @@@@@@@ can't do that because he's forcing to break the flow of traffic which is dangerous

Zubera

If they start issuing tickets then noone will double park and pax soon will learn to request a car only when they're outside. They really need that lesson and fuber/lyft really need to remove that 5 min wait time. I hate to wait for a pax especially where no safe place to stand. Every pax must request a car from outside. These double parked cars are slowing the traffic flow as well and they are danger too. Unwritten rules are common for the third world countries and they aren't good solutions. City needs to change badly written rules officially and enforce every single rule that is in effect. Otherwise we always will have chaos here. City officials need to do something but when we have that dick De Blasio I don't expect anything good.

Inshur New York