Things will never be better for drivers

Boca Ratman

Great, then go put some cheese and hummus on an Animal "Cracker"
Maybe a slice of pepperoni?
That would be like dipping a Triscuit in milk, which you would never do because its actually a cracker.
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 507811
Know what I would dip in milk?
A graham CRACKER, not a raham cookie a graham cracker

Screenshot_20200915-181121_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200915-181910_Chrome.jpg

Know what i would put on said crackers?

Toasted marshmallows and Hershey's Chocolate.
Screenshot_20200915-181247_Chrome.jpg

Put that on your Triscuit and dunk off!

Don't even make me ask the ex!

Crackers are salty.

Cookies are sweet.

I don't care what Nabisco says.
Ahem.
Screenshot_20200915-181910_Chrome.jpg

ANThonyBoreDaneCook

Know what I would dip in milk?
A graham CRACKER, not a raham cookie a graham cracker

View attachment 507894
View attachment 507898

Know what i would put on said crackers?

Toasted marshmallows and Hershey's Chocolate. View attachment 507896

Put that on your Triscuit and dunk off!

Don't even make me ask the ex!

Ahem. View attachment 507899
Notice how they use innocent bees to help them push their agenda?

Interesting logo
A cookie company with an antenna "for some reason"
Screenshot_2020-09-15 Things will never be better for drivers.png

Connect the dots

Screenshot_2020-09-115 Things will never be better for drivers.png

KDH

We are in the middle of a pandemic and because of the number of drivers on the sidelines things will never be better for drivers.
If Uber is not opening up there pocket book now they never will.
Uber may go the way of the hoola hoop and will become an era like the disco era.
When I started 5 years ago riders we're actually leaving mid level management jobs to drive.
If this pandemic did not bring those days back nothing will.
If I had to pick one main reason it would be the influx of foriegn drivers that Uber brought into this country specifically to drive for Uber.
Sorry Jimmy but I have disagree on this one. I drive in SF and most drivers are immigrants that came here with no assistance form UBER. The USA is not going to issue a work visa for someone to come here and drive for UBER.My wife is an immigrant and it took her over a year to get her visa.

Jimmy44

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry Jimmy but I have disagree on this one. I drive in SF and most drivers are immigrants that came here with no assistance form UBER. The USA is not going to issue a work visa for someone to come here and drive for UBER.My wife is an immigrant and it took her over a year to get her visa.
Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. I never said every driver who is a first generation American was aided by Uber.
I don't think it's a streatch to think that a huge company like Uber with tentacles all over the world could have a vested interest in cheap unskilled workers.
When I see drivers who cannot speak English driving leased cars financed by Uber it kind of supports my theory.
A lot of people have liked my post with thumbs up replys. That means there are people who share my feelings as to why there is a glut of drivers.

KDH

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. I never said every driver who is a first generation American was aided by Uber.
I don't think it's a streatch to think that a huge company like Uber with tentacles all over the world could have a vested interest in cheap unskilled workers.
When I see drivers who cannot speak English driving leased cars financed by Uber it kind of supports my theory.
A lot of people have liked my post with thumbs up replys. That means there are people who share my feelings as to why there is a glut of drivers.
The leases that are offered to immigrants are bad leases. UBER lets anyone lease their cars under those bad UBER leases.There are drivers paying $1000 a month for a basic sedan. Most of the foreign born people here couldn't qualify for a regular lease from an SF dealership. UBER is targeting a specific group or demographic for marketing and selling products. They are not assisting the targeted demographic with Visas.
I just think your theory is seriously flawed. The over saturation of drivers is because it's an easy gig to get with very few requirements.

The leases that are offered to immigrants are bad leases. UBER lets anyone lease their cars under those bad UBER leases.There are drivers paying $1000 a month for a basic sedan. Most of the foreign born people here couldn't qualify for a regular lease from an SF dealership. UBER is targeting a specific group or demographic for marketing and selling products. They are not assisting the targeted demographic with Visas.
I just think your theory is seriously flawed. The over saturation of drivers is because it's an easy gig to get with very few requirements.
Like I mentioned before it took my wife over a year to get approved for a visa. I was living with her in her home country and it was still a long process. With that said, I would be all over this board ranting about UBER if I thought they were handing drivers visas.

Last edited:

Jimmy44

Like I mentioned before it took my wife over a year to get approved for a visa. I was living with her in her home country and it was still a long process. With that said, I would be all over this board ranting about UBER if I thought they were handing drivers visas.
I respect your point of view and glad to hear your wife has been naturalized.
The fact is either one of us could be correct. We do not sit in with Uber in there high level meetings so our opinions are just that opinions.
I go by what I see and experience. From what I see there is evidence that Uber is involved at some level with aiding first generation immagrints.
I did not give a negative opinion of the practice if in fact it's true. I was stating a reason in my opinion why there are so many drivers

KDH

I respect your opinion. However, I just don't think it would make sense for UBER to bring in drivers from other countries when there are plenty already here. We make the same pay so it wouldn't make sense financially. It cost $3000 to naturalize an individaul using an attorney. There is no way an individual from Pakistan could go into a visa interview and give 'UBER driving' as a reason for being in the USA.

Jimmy44

I respect your opinion. However, I just don't think it would make sense for UBER to bring in drivers from other countries when there are plenty already here. We make the same pay so it wouldn't make sense financially. It cost $3000 to naturalize an individaul using an attorney. There is no way an individual from Pakistan could go into a visa interview and give 'UBER driving' as a reason for being in the USA.
Your points are well taken.
Like I said I am going with information gained from 5 years of full time driving.
If anyone out there has actual hard evidence either way I would like to hear it.

Like I said I am going with information gained from 5 years of full time driving.
If anyone out there has actual hard evidence either way I would like to hear it.
Just for the heck of it I googled Uber and naturalization.
I came up with a program that Uber gives free rides to immigrants in Seattle to naturalization interviews.
It makes me wonder with all the poor people and the elderly and disabled and unemployed out there.
Why did they choose immigrants new to this country working toward citizinship and not the other needy people I mentioned.
It's a question that ties into my suggestion that Uber is targeting these people as potential drivers

Last edited:

KDH

Just for the heck of it I googled Uber and naturalization.
I came up with a program that Uber gives free rides to immigrants in Seattle to naturalization interviews.
It makes me wonder with all the poor people and the elderly and disabled and unemployed out there.
Why did they choose immigrants new to this country working toward citizinship and not the other needy people I mentioned.
It's a question that ties into my suggestion that Uber is targeting these people as potential drivers
Targeting a demographic of people for services is different than sponsoring them for visas.You suggested (maybe I read it wrong) that UBER was bringing individuals into the country to drive. I have driven myself for 5 years (3 UBER, 2 Grub Hub) and have experience speaking (I speak two languages) with immigrant drivers. I am sure I would have heard something about a visa program if it existed.
As far as helping needy people. UBER has a disabled passenger service in SF. They also offered free tuition for drivers looking to get a college degree. They wouldn't offer tuition to attend a university or free english courses if they wanted cheap drivers forever. The logic just doesn't add up my friend.