Things that make you question: Is it worth it?

mustafa_p

Just stopped driving after I think I was caught doing about 54 in a 50 zone.....twice.
I just dropped some pax off and came back the same way, only to realise there was a speed camera car sitting there.
I'm not questioning the speed limit, but it's a cruel lesson. Im just questioning is it worth driving. I'd made around $50 so far and was looking forward to an afternoon of driving only to go home with my tail between my legs and a possibility of $328 in fines and loss of 2 points....
On a positive note, pax got to their bucks party ok. :/

IERide

Out here you usually won't get ticketed for only 4MPH over.. That's barely in the margin of error for the radar machines.

tohunt4me

Just stopped driving after I think I was caught doing about 54 in a 50 zone.....twice.
I just dropped some pax off and came back the same way, only to realise there was a speed camera car sitting there.
I'm not questioning the speed limit, but it's a cruel lesson. Im just questioning is it worth driving. I'd made around $50 so far and was looking forward to an afternoon of driving only to go home with my tail between my legs and a possibility of $328 in fines and loss of 2 points....
On a positive note, pax got to their bucks party ok. :/

Attachments

PhantomDriver

Agreed
15 percent surge in the 30 hours
Just need to explain basic economics to Sam the fool and his kindergarten crew and we could be on a winner?

NickyBoy

its been surging btwn 1.5-2.5 for the last few hours & pax are happy to pay it...
When the surge stops, so do I ... People always complaining, 'never any ubers until it surges' & I say, 'they are around, but wont drive for $1, we wait for the surge'
If another competitor came in and had constant rates at $2 I'd drive all the time & pax would be happy that cars are available

Nawdy

love it when I get a select surge had a 3.6 tonight ... please sir can I have some more :biggrin:

NZShaker

Yep in app compare says im below my cities top 25% of drivers in my area......but i just now got a text from uber saying im in the top 10% of drivers in my area..

Their left hand don't know what their righr hand is doing.

Rating has dropped .04 in the last 2 weeks.....aybe because in still a 20% rate driver

drake79e

I've been driving uber for the passed 5 days (Tuesday-Saturday) and ive driven 11hours and 36mins and made $439.01 that's with uber taking their fee.
36 trips in total.

I'm registered for GST etc so yeah all good.

I only had 2 Surge drives and the rest I've been driving between 9pm-1am in Suburbs and only 4 trips into the City. I've been heavily avoiding Eagle street and anything to do with the inner city and Vally. Don't want to risk getting taking by one of the Transport guys because i know i wont stop for them i'll just keep driving.

It's my first week and i have a another job, the way i see it, Uber is good if you have another job on the side. Also, I've only spent $35 on fuel, my cars a 3 cyl Sedan. I think its a great way of making extra money but i won't be touching it till the end of the BAS period so i can work out my GST and income tax.

Other then that, the rates Uber give are ok, it's only the short trips that piss me off, my first ever trip was driving a guy 3 streets down the road because he was lazy to walk, and only made $4.5.

And the rating, 2 @@@@@@@@ gave me 4 stars because It was surge time the only two surge drives i did, first 24 trips were 5 stars then the clowns gave me 4 stars due to surge lol So beware of Cheap clowns who want something for nothing, wish i knew who they were.

My advice, have a second job, drive uber in the suburbs and avoid the city, don't speed, buy a hidden phone holder and only drive in Surge time to time, dont sit there and only relying on Surge because the first 3 days (6hours) of my uber i made $350 no surge no city driving about 10-15kms out of the city, it's not hard to make money just be smart with where you drive and dont be greedy, when you're not greedy you'll never be Caught.

Last edited:

UberSyd

I've been driving uber for the passed 5 days (Tuesday-Saturday) and ive driven 11hours and 36mins and made $439.01 that's with uber taking their fee.
36 trips in total.

I'm registered for GST etc so yeah all good.

I only had 2 Surge drives and the rest I've been driving between 9pm-1am in Suburbs and only 4 trips into the City. I've been heavily avoiding Eagle street and anything to do with the inner city and Vally. Don't want to risk getting taking by one of the Transport guys because i know i wont stop for them i'll just keep driving.

It's my first week and i have a another job, the way i see it, Uber is good if you have another job on the side. Also, I've only spent $35 on fuel, my cars a 3 cyl Sedan. I think its a great way of making extra money but i won't be touching it till the end of the BAS period so i can work out my GST and income tax.

Other then that, the rates Uber give are ok, it's only the short trips that piss me off, my first ever trip was driving a guy 3 streets down the road because he was lazy to walk, and only made $4.5.

And the rating, 2 @@@@@@@@ gave me 4 stars because It was surge time the only two surge drives i did, first 24 trips were 5 stars then the clowns gave me 4 stars due to surge lol So beware of Cheap clowns who want something for nothing, wish i knew who they were.

My advice, have a second job, drive uber in the suburbs and avoid the city, don't speed, buy a hidden phone holder and only drive in Surge time to time, dont sit there and only relying on Surge because the first 3 days (6hours) of my uber i made $350 no surge no city driving about 10-15kms out of the city, it's not hard to make money just be smart with where you drive and dont be greedy, when you're not greedy you'll never be Caught.
Which suburb mainly do you drive? Do you just go back to there after dropping someone to city or still take rides from city

drake79e

Which suburb mainly do you drive? Do you just go back to there after dropping someone to city or still take rides from city
Basically I know alot of the Suburbs in Brisbane and i know which need people to be driven etc (i drive alot per year and spoken to alot of people about which areas and in need of drivers) For my own safety I dont like disclosing them, but basically When ever i leave the GF's place and head home late at night i turn it on and take a detour lol and uber basically gave me 6 back to back trips on the Tuesday night, but other then that pick a place with lots of fast food or shopping centres and just drive back. Like an area that has heaps of restaurants and a shopping center, or you could sit and wait, but the place I mostly go to is 15kms from the City so out of the transport eyes.

UberSyd

Basically I know alot of the Suburbs in Brisbane and i know which need people to be driven etc (i drive alot per year and spoken to alot of people about which areas and in need of drivers) For my own safety I dont like disclosing them, but basically When ever i leave the GF's place and head home late at night i turn it on and take a detour lol and uber basically gave me 6 back to back trips on the Tuesday night, but other then that pick a place with lots of fast food or shopping centres and just drive back. Like an area that has heaps of restaurants and a shopping center, or you could sit and wait, but the place I mostly go to is 15kms from the City so out of the transport eyes.
Places like mount gravatt I guess

drake79e

And i Avoid the city as much as possible, the 4 riders i dropped in the city they were very helpful as in take me to the drop point and ill jump out and bit farther from other taxis and transport eyes, as in a quiet side street.