Things that make driving easier.

Aredubya

I thought I'd start a thread about things you do/have that makes driving easier.

Bluetooth earpiece: makes navigation way easier with loud chatty passengers. Also makes you look like a veteran driver. My 1st 2 months I didn't use it not knowing how much better it was. Ebay has refurbished Jabra Talk for around $9 shipped. I own 2 pair. Bulletproof.

Dvr dual dash cam: I got a cheap dash cam about 2 weeks ago. Nice conversation piece. It also has a split screen showing the passenger compartment. Never had any bad behavior since. People tend to behave when the can see their image reflected back at them, some psychology 101 stuff.

2nd phone: I use this mainly as entertainment. Amazon prime music. Top pop playing, no commercials. Good for looking at ants and uberpeople during downtime.

4 port cigarette charger: should be self explanitory. There are cheap ones that have 1 fast charge port. I'm always charging something.

Clif bars: this is new for me. You save if buy in bulk. When the Pings are good but my energy is low, I down one of these! They dont need to be refrigerated and kill the hunger pangs.
Doesn't leave me drowsy like a fast food meal would and I don't have to prepare it like a sack lunch.

Polarized sunglasses: kills glare and reduces eye fatigue.

I plan on getting barf bags or plastic bags just in case. But I drive during the day so drunks are far and few between. BTW: beware the coffee cup with lid trick. I've had 2 rides where pax were hiding the booze in coffee cups.

That's pretty much the basics.

Anything else that would make life easier?

psionic

Febreze air vent clips.. crank the vent on high and your car smells delicious in seconds.. one girl got in and immediately said "5-stars! it smells so good in here!" and left a 5-star review saying the same

twerkyo.....UBERRRRR

Febreze air vent clips.. crank the vent on high and your car smells delicious in seconds.. one girl got in and immediately said "5-stars! it smells so good in here!" and left a 5-star review saying the same
Costco. 4 for 7$ or on sale for $5. I get the most compliments. Even on swamp ass days.

SD Momo

Vodka helps me cope with the entitled riders and UberPOOL and endure the pay and lack of benefits. Vodka helps me bear the risks of driving along with James River. Vodka is great to help ignore the fact that for a few cents, I am destroying my loved personal car.:frown:

Vodka is great. :wink:

Other than that, everything is great driving Uber.:smiles:

Disclaimer:
This is not a paid propaganda or/and affiliate in any manner with any alcoholic spirits company. The above statement is completely my personal opinion and do not reflect UF opinions.

superman-getting-drunk-gif.gif

Last edited:

Blushark

I thought I'd start a thread about things you do/have that makes driving easier.

Bluetooth earpiece: makes navigation way easier with loud chatty passengers. Also makes you look like a veteran driver. My 1st 2 months I didn't use it not knowing how much better it was. Ebay has refurbished Jabra Talk for around $9 shipped. I own 2 pair. Bulletproof.

Dvr dual dash cam: I got a cheap dash cam about 2 weeks ago. Nice conversation piece. It also has a split screen showing the passenger compartment. Never had any bad behavior since. People tend to behave when the can see their image reflected back at them, some psychology 101 stuff.

2nd phone: I use this mainly as entertainment. Amazon prime music. Top pop playing, no commercials. Good for looking at ants and uberpeople during downtime.

4 port cigarette charger: should be self explanitory. There are cheap ones that have 1 fast charge port. I'm always charging something.

Clif bars: this is new for me. You save if buy in bulk. When the Pings are good but my energy is low, I down one of these! They dont need to be refrigerated and kill the hunger pangs.
Doesn't leave me drowsy like a fast food meal would and I don't have to prepare it like a sack lunch.

Polarized sunglasses: kills glare and reduces eye fatigue.

I plan on getting barf bags or plastic bags just in case. But I drive during the day so drunks are far and few between. BTW: beware the coffee cup with lid trick. I've had 2 rides where pax were hiding the booze in coffee cups.

That's pretty much the basics.

Anything else that would make life easier?
1. Stand alone GPS navigation....great for when my Android GPS acts up and I can use it as a back up. Saved locations like Zoo, Wild Animal Park, Airport, AMTRAK, CBX, Border, and the younger crowd Puke Beach, and North Park.

2. Can of Upholstery Cleaner with brush...you know for the small stuff and it leaves a fresh scent and a damp seat.

3. A can of mace....never really going to be prepared for a big problem....but what if????? Have something folks.

SD Momo

Music! A huge variety of music. (CCR, Jhonny Cash, Calle 13, Manu Chao, Sinatra, Cypress Hill, Pink Flyod).

When I arrive to pick up the rider I usually change to Red Hot Chilli Peppers that everybody seem to like.

I have Sirius, but I never use it. I have a 32gb SD card with my selected music. Longer rides I may play something the riders likes from my SD card.:smiles:

Last edited:

Habieb

Vodka helps me cope with the entitled riders and UberPOOL and endure the pay and lack of benefits. Vodka helps me bear the risks of driving along with James River. Vodka is great to help ignore the fact that for a few cents, I am destroying my loved personal car.:frown:

Disclaimer:
This is not a paid propaganda or/and affiliate in any manner with any alcoholic spirits company. The above statement is completely my personal opinion and do not reflect UF opinions.

View attachment 49445

Disclaimer:

View attachment 49445
love it, only the guy is drinking whiskey

Edmdriver619

Tablet on vent near passenger for music or whatever and a fat subwoofer. Bass gets anyone goin and keeps the drunks entertained

Dash cam is a must.

I have a problem driving like an old cholo/gangsta. haha so my seat is really far back almost to the point I'm in the back seat I have found that even it its 1 pax that @@@@er will sit right behind u. So I pull up ALWAYS with the passenger door to the curb that way if you purposely sit behind me and there's only two of you I'm not moving my seat. Sorry not sorry most people get the idea and don't even try.

Edmdriver619

Music! A huge variety of music. I play CCR, Jhonny Cash, Calle 13, Manu Chao, Sinatra, Mercedes Soza, Cypress Hill, Pink Flyod.

When I arrive to pick up the rider I usually change to Red Hot Chilli Peppers that everybody seem to like.

I have Sirius, but I never use it. I have a 32gb SD card with my selected music. Longer rides I may play something the rides likes from my SD card.:smiles:

Xm sat. Ch 43 back spin for ages 18-50 yacht rock ch 18 for ages 45+ haha they love it

Way2Lucky

Brass knuckles and a loaded .45 ACP. Also have a claymore trip-wired to the tuner button on my stereo. This is my f'n car you cheap ass entitled POS and no, you can't change my GD satellite station for your five minute pool ride home from a bar at 3:AM. Unless you're Wolfman Jack, keep your hands off my tunes and your mouth shut. Ask me to stop at McD's "on the way" and I'ma show you how Drew Petersen makes his wives disappear!