Things People Call UberXL For Other Than 5+ PAX

Wickedcool

Share stories of UberXL rides not involving cars full of pax...

Twice I've picked riders up with flat tires on bikes while out riding.

At the Target near UC Irvine last fall, a freshman bought basically a dorm room of furniture and furnishings. Probably $3k+ spent. We filled the whole interior and barely got the doors closed.

At UCLA, helped a student move a desk like 2 blocks from one apartment to another.

BigJohn

And if you happen to get into an accident with the $3K in merchandise damaged, who is going to cover it? Not Uber insurance, nor your own insurance. So that freshman was too cheap to pay for delivery.

Beur

At the Target near UC Irvine last fall, a freshman bought basically a dorm room of furniture and furnishings. Probably $3k+ spent. We filled the whole interior and barely got the doors closed.

At UCLA, helped a student move a desk like 2 blocks from one apartment to another.
You're not a mover, you're a people transporter. Stop moving furniture, tell them to rent a U-Haul.

Tenzo

I've gotten XL pings from people with a bunch of luggage and handicapped people.
Some older people can't get down into a prius.
Actually, more often than not its 2-3 people

Frank Ditt

A giant sick dog, a drum set, a @@@@@@ with a huge wig that had to put the seat all the way back to contain her hair. A Saudi royal family servant with seven huge suitcases, a single cell phone driven 35 miles with a 2.5 surge etc.

saucy05

And if you happen to get into an accident with the $3K in merchandise damaged, who is going to cover it? Not Uber insurance, nor your own insurance. So that freshman was too cheap to pay for delivery.
Technically Uber's insurance covers property damage.
But following your logic, if i'm carrying my $1,000 laptop with me to work, I should have it delivered separately to my office in case my uber driver gets into an accident?

Calhiker

ive carried a bike for a drunk a few blocks and he tipped me $20 on top of the fare. The funniest is on july 4th, I picked up at a newport hotel a bunch of 20 something year old girls, there was one too many and i said they needed another vehicle. I refused to start and when i kicked the one out, two more girls popped out from the trunk area. I totally didn't see them sneak in there. Truthfully, I still think it was hilarious.

Ive also made the mistake, my first few weeks, of taking a pin and a guy had a court order to return his girlfriends junk, i ended up doing it but never should have especially since he didn't ride with me, that way i could have charged him on the way back. here are lessons Ive learned:

I don't work non surge, I don't deliver, I don't allow open containers, I don't wait for their next ride to show up, I don't take more passengers then seat-belts, i don't stop at del taco or beer stops.

OCuber

Sex

OCuber

ive carried a bike for a drunk a few blocks and he tipped me $20 on top of the fare. The funniest is on july 4th, I picked up at a newport hotel a bunch of 20 something year old girls, there was one too many and i said they needed another vehicle. I refused to start and when i kicked the one out, two more girls popped out from the trunk area. I totally didn't see them sneak in there. Truthfully, I still think it was hilarious.

Ive also made the mistake, my first few weeks, of taking a pin and a guy had a court order to return his girlfriends junk, i ended up doing it but never should have especially since he didn't ride with me, that way i could have charged him on the way back. here are lessons Ive learned:

I don't work non surge, I don't deliver, I don't allow open containers, I don't wait for their next ride to show up, I don't take more passengers then seat-belts, i don't stop at del taco or beer stops.
Good for.you. I once had a guy moving who wanted me to lug a mattress on my roof rack and drop all my seats so he could get a fridge in there.......ARGO.....You crazy....call starving students. They will move your sbit....next up...Uber Moving....Prius with mattress on top...can picture it now....newbie driver hanging on to mattress for.5*.

H$&l no you're crazy